TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Colorado Tags

08sgt1042

I received a decline letter after about 4-6 weeks. I had 0 (Zeros) in all of my choices, so they were declined the first time. They will not send you a decline if you did not put an explanation to the right of your plate choices. If you did, you should receive feedback from the state.

I put in my request and heard from them in about two weeks that they were approved. Sent them the check and it took 8 weeks to get the plates.

If you're "probing" it helps if you know a cop or someone that can help verify if the plate is taken. I'd check but my contact is no longer at the Sheriff dept...

BJSHELB

BJSHLBY

Ok for those of you who got specialty plates how long did it take to here back from colorado DMV that you had been approved?? I read where they don't notifiy you if the plate is declined. So what amount of time should I give them before reapplying?

:headscratch:

I must have been lucky. We received our letter in 2 weeks from the State Treasury Department.

Plates Showed up in June.

Whole deal took 4-5 weeks total...

Did they take the money out of your account yet?

I must have been lucky. We received our letter in 2 weeks from the State Treasury Department.

Plates Showed up in June.

Whole deal took 4-5 weeks total...

Did they take the money out of your account yet?

Oh yeah, my check cleared before I got the letter saying the plates were at Boulder. I went down to get 'em and didn't have the insurance card, so I had 'em sent to Longmont.

Ok so I filled out the request and put an explanation to the right of each of the 3 choices makeing sure to explain thwe meaning and to make sure the letter "O" was in place of any 0 so as to not violate a rather goofy rule. So far no reply from the state, I did not include a check the instructions said to not include payment until I was notified of approval?? :shrug:

Man what abiut this USA swim team 3 world records and 8 medals in 4 races OUTSTANDING!!!!!! :bowdown:

Ok so I filled out the request and put an explanation to the right of each of the 3 choices makeing sure to explain thwe meaning and to make sure the letter "O" was in place of any 0 so as to not violate a rather goofy rule. So far no reply from the state, I did not include a check the instructions said to not include payment until I was notified of approval?? :shrug:

I did the same thing about 6 months ago and never heard anything back on my GT500. Sent a request for my 70 Barracuda and got the approval in about 4 weeks.

I did the same thing about 6 months ago and never heard anything back on my GT500. Sent a request for my 70 Barracuda and got the approval in about 4 weeks.

I don't think they allow you to substitute "O" for zero in Colorado. If it looks like the "O" should be a zero, it will be rejected. For example, you can't use GT5OO (oh,oh) for GT500 (zero, zero). That's what a guy at the DMV told me.

Archived