TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford to lay off 300

VaporDude

It doesn't mean the SVT engine builders will be let go. They build all the V8 engines there. All 4.6L and 5.4L engines that are put in F150 and Expeditions.

I think there is 8 teams which is only 16 employees that hand build the SVT 5.4L engines for the GT500. So they may not be affected, but they may be offered buyouts where if they take it then someone else would be moved to take over their position.

So hopefully it isn't affecting those guys.

Just when we thought we were going to be able to meet our engine builder during Dearborn 2008, Ford has to do this.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080811/ford_layoffs.html?.v=1

Very happy then that I just received my DHL package with my duplicate stamped signature engine plate today. Very cool that Ford Performance sent that out to me........WOO HOO!!!!

It doesn't mean the SVT engine builders will be let go. They build all the V8 engines there. All 4.6L and 5.4L engines that are put in F150 and Expeditions.

I think there is 8 teams which is only 16 employees that hand build the SVT 5.4L engines for the GT500. So they may not be affected, but they may be offered buyouts where if they take it then someone else would be moved to take over their position.

So hopefully it isn't affecting those guys.

It all depends on their seniority. It doesn't matter what department they are in.

:cry: Only 1 of are builders was hit by the reduction the rest are all still here in romeo. We now have 14 teams building. lets all hope for no more cutbacks. These are very bad time for the auto industry. i have built shelbys for two years now and hope to be doing it alot longer.

:cry: Only 1 of are builders was hit by the reduction the rest are all still here in romeo. We now have 14 teams building. lets all hope for no more cutbacks. These are very bad time for the auto industry. i have built shelbys for two years now and hope to be doing it alot longer.

Thanks for the inside information. I know I have done my part to help keep Ford going. I bought 3 08 vehicles this year alone so I may not be in the market to buy another one for a little while.

Glad you're still there Michael.

Keep building those killer motors!!

Enginesigs.jpg

:censored:

Who did they let go!??!?! I am sorry to hear this :( Give him our best wishes and hopefully he makes it ok...

You have the same engine builders as I do.....one can test drive your car and one can test drive mine. :happy feet:

I would in a second if I could bring it to Dearborn - unfortunately won't be able to drive it there this year.

Archived