TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Many Super Snakes Will be Made?

What is the official number of Super Snakes that will be made in total?

To my knowledge SAI has not limited the number of Super Snakes. They have only limited the number of 40th Anniversary Cars. :happy feet: Regards.

Stuart

When I signed up in February, the SAI info e-mail I got stated 1,250 Units for 2007 and 1,000 Units for 2008.

That is what I remember...then they reduced the 07's to 1000.... I have a feeling the production #'s will equal the demand...They are in business to make money...If they stop selling cars @ 2000 they will have 2000 cars on display to help promote the sell parts for clones. I don't think they will packup and go home...I shure hope not.

I

Crispy,

can you find out if ....

1. They are back to taking SS deposit money yet since they publicly announced & stopped taking money well short of the 1,000 scheduled cars for the 2007 MY cars?

2. Are they going to extend the 3-year time frame that these mods can be done due to the above reason & due to the lack of mods shops that were origianlly planned for those of us not able to afford the now outrageous shipping cost thanks to high fuel cost for trucking companies?

3. When is the Detroit Mod Shop going to open?

4. How many more 2007 40th anniversary cars ARE DONE & how many more slots can be filled & by what deadline?

Anyone know the break down between coupes and convertible? When this first started, I was told that Shelby is not limiting the numbers between the two, but they were seeing about 20% of the total cars being 'verts. Will Shelby release all the numbers when the conversions have been done?

Lrock

07 GT500 'vert

Waiting on the call to send mine in.........

Anyone know the break down between coupes and convertible? When this first started, I was told that Shelby is not limiting the numbers between the two, but they were seeing about 20% of the total cars being 'verts. Will Shelby release all the numbers when the conversions have been done?

Lrock

07 GT500 'vert

SAI will do a registry when production is over. This should tell us colors, body, and HP. Plus alot more info.

michael morris

See below in BOLD...

Crispy,

can you find out if ....

1. They are back to taking SS deposit money yet since they publicly announced & stopped taking money well short of the 1,000 scheduled cars for the 2007 MY cars?

I will check with Bud...Dallas and Rhode Island Mod Shops are taking deposits, though.

2. Are they going to extend the 3-year time frame that these mods can be done due to the above reason & due to the lack of mods shops that were origianlly planned for those of us not able to afford the now outrageous shipping cost thanks to high fuel cost for trucking companies?

I do not think this will change, but even if it did not change, I believe we will sell out long before the 3 years goes by...

3. When is the Detroit Mod Shop going to open?

Don't you mean "if"? Cannot comment on things currently in progress, either way...

4. How many more 2007 40th anniversary cars ARE DONE & how many more slots can be filled & by what deadline?

We have about 400 people who left a deposit of the 500 to be built, nearly done...If someone wants one, they better get on the stick...

We are not limiting numbers between the two, people are ordering what they want. Yes, we always do release the numbers. Hope this helps...

Lrock

07 GT500 'vert

We lost your number, please post everywhere on the web (just kidding)...

SAI will do a registry when production is over. This should tell us colors, body, and HP. Plus alot more info.

michael morris

Correct, we are compiling preliminary info on the cars right now. I would not count on a registry immediately after production as we are in production of other cars as well. But, of course there will be a registry. We want to keep these cars (and all other Shelbys) info in a safe place for reference. Keeps cloning down, too...

Hope this helps, guys!

Chris

Archived