TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will 2008 Dearborn Event be part of Carroll’s 85th

ColdwaterHotrod

I have noticed a trend that started with the Las Vegas 85th Birthday party where Mr. Shelby & Mrs. Boylan have both attend the last several events including the Mid-America Team Shelby Nationals in Tulsa, OK and they are scheduled to be at the Terlingua event a few weeks after the Dearborn event, and maybe they were at one other event this year I forgot to mention. so this leads to my next few questions…. Is the Dearborn event considered part of this year long, Nationwide, 85th Birthday party celebration for Mr. Shelby as previous stated in early 2008 when the Las Vegas event was in the planning stages? Who will be coming from SAI to the Dearborn event or be the guest speakers at the dinner parties? I really hope Carroll & Amy can both make it ,as it will be a major let down to me if neither one of them showed up for at least a day.

I have noticed a trend that started with the Las Vegas 85th Birthday party where Mr. Shelby & Mrs. Boylan have both attend the last several events including the Mid-America Team Shelby Nationals in Tulsa, OK and they are scheduled to be at the Terlingua event a few weeks after the Dearborn event, and maybe they were at one other event this year I forgot to mention. so this leads to my next few questions…. Is the Dearborn event considered part of this year long, Nationwide, 85th Birthday party celebration for Mr. Shelby as previous stated in early 2008 when the Las Vegas event was in the planning stages? Who will be coming from SAI to the Dearborn event or be the guest speakers at the dinner parties? I really hope Carroll & Amy can both make it ,as it will be a major let down to me if neither one of them showed up for at least a day.

They will not be there. Jim Owens and Donnie Beson both from Shelby will be there but no Carroll or Amy.

Sharon

That must be because the Dearborn event is more of a 07-09 GT500 (S197 ) event not a "Shelby " event .

It's a result of the show being pushed back into mid-September. The original 2008 event was to occur near the Woodward Dream Cruises.

The change to September threw other stuff off too.

This is a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT I guess we now know where the Dearborn event ranks for 2 straight years with a NO SHOW from either one of them.

Also that Terlingua is less than 10 days from the Dearborn event. Both Amy and Carroll will be in Terlingua.

That must be because the Dearborn event is more of a 07-09 GT500 (S197 ) event not a "Shelby " event .

We are a Shelby event. This is a Team Shelby event and we have worked really hard to make this happen and we have a wide range of Shelby's coming to this event.

just not an 85th birthday event?

No it was not his birthday event. It is a small event that we did so that people could get into the tours that most people will never have the chance to see other wise.

We are a Shelby event. This is a Team Shelby event and we have worked really hard to make this happen and we have a wide range of Shelby's coming to this event.

I have no doubt you and Robert have worked real hard to make this happen as you did last year as well under the "S197 club name" . You both did a fantastic job last year especially you Sharon and I'm sure this year will be as fantastic and we all appreciate what you have put together.

I just meant that last year it was centered around the Building of the S197 Mustang(AAI) and the GT500 engine (at Romeo engine plant)as well as the history of the FMCO and Henry Ford and it will be this year as well.

Is this mostly a S197/Shelby event and would I be out of place with my '67 GTA?

We welcome all Mustang and Shelby's to the Saturday event we have had registration open for one day and have over 70 cars showing up so for and we have a wide range of cars showing up from old to new and lots in between.

I have no doubt you and Robert have worked real hard to make this happen as you did last year as well under the "S197 club name" . You both did a fantastic job last year especially you Sharon and I'm sure this year will be as fantastic and we all appreciate what you have put together.

I just meant that last year it was centered around the Building of the S197 Mustang(AAI) and the GT500 engine (at Romeo engine plant)as well as the history of the FMCO and Henry Ford and it will be this year as well.

I understand. The event it self is more leaning toward the 500 and the Shelby GT because of the two tours on how the Mustang and engine gets build. So yes the event, that for those of you that don't know is sold out, is alot about the mustang.

That did not mean that you had to have a mustang in order to particapate, It is always exciting to see how any car gets built.

So the Dearborn event was open to all on matter what kind of car that they have.

But it is the majority of GT500 and Shelby GT's that are coming.

However this is not the case for the Saturday event that is open to all Shelby's and Mustangs of all years.

We have a wide range of cars coming to this event and want to see a more wide range over the next month so tell your friends if they have a Shelby or Mustang to come along.

Sheesh, can the guy get a break, he IS 85 years old for crying out loud! Enjoy Dearborn for what it is, having Amy and Carroll there would just be icing on the cake. Some of you guys need to be thankful for what you get, after all, Sharon and Robert could just put little effort into things and there could just not be a Dearborn event.

Thank you Sharon and Robert for the hard work, even though I won't be able to go to Dearborn (sold out before I could get tickets, and I can't afford it right now anyways...sigh...)

Archived