TEAM SHELBY FORUM

crunched my front chin spoiler/front valance

palacekeeper

Is the front valance the same as the front chin spoiler? If so, I just crunched my first one tonight pulling up too close to the curb in a parking spot. :cry: The unpainted black plastic piece at the very bottom is the part I hosed.

It's not too bad, but it's pretty scratched up and has a crease. From other threads in this forum, it sounds like this part is fairly cheap - around $85.

I'd replace it myself, but does anyone have any details on what is involved in replacing it? The regular screws are easy, but the other locking pins look harder. How do you even reach the ones in the center? Do you have to remove more plastic from underneath to get to them?

Very easy to replace, takes a few minutes. If you shop around or know someone at a dealer you can even get it for less than $85. I stocked up with a few extras. Someone at a car show was looking into my engine compartment and stepped on the front of it scratching it....real nice of them! I also bumped a curb with one so I am now on my second one.

When you buy the new one just look where all the mounting/screw holes are in it then you will know which ones to remove.

I'm pretty sure I know which ones to remove from looking under the car, but it looks like the two in the center that have the lock washers will be the challenge. From what I can tell there are two types - regular larger screws, and smaller ones that have lock washers up above. Do those just unscrew? If so, do the washers stay in place so that I can tighten it back up?

The reason I ask is that it I don't see how I can get to the middle two smaller screws without removing other pieces underneath.

So - long story short - is it just a matter of unscrewing all the screws, including the lock washer type, and then putting them right back? Won't the washers fall off from above once I remove those screws?

thanks!

Archived