TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC-33 Aug 15th - 17th

captdave

This is the big one on the east coast. It's now less than a week away. Not to be missed by anyone. It's all in South Jersey at NJMP (New Jersey Motorsports Park) in Millville next to Millville Airport.

This track is brand new. Just opened last month. Everyone who runs it says it's a great track. This weekend SVRA (Sports Car Vintage Racing Association) is there having a blast.

I hope to see all Team Shelby Members that can make it there. I hope to see Carroll and Amy there in person.

This will be the SAAC event of all time. You're going to want to say years from now (I was there at SAAC-33, I saw it all).

We all had some great news this week. Now lets all have some great fun at SAAC-33.

CaptDave

I will see you there Capt! :)

Roger

Hey Ross, I am DYING to see your car. LOVE the CS69s!! I'll be sure to stop by and say hello. Please do the same if your walking the Show and Shine field and see my car (regular 06 GT with CS67s and the one thing that stands out the most, the strut tower brace is painted to match the car). please stop on by and say hello. :shift:

The track is brand new so bring some folding chairs if you need them for someone in your group. It's all new so it's a bit dusty. Plan for that also. I hope to see you at SAAC-33.

CaptDave

Hey Ross, I am DYING to see your car. LOVE the CS69s!! I'll be sure to stop by and say hello. Please do the same if your walking the Show and Shine field and see my car (regular 06 GT with CS69s and the one thing that stands out the most, the strut tower brace is painted to match the car). please stop on by and say hello. :shift:

Will do. It should be a good time.

Roger

The track is brand new so bring some folding chairs if you need them for someone in your group. It's all new so it's a bit dusty. Plan for that also. I hope to see you at SAAC-33.

CaptDave

Thanks for the heads up. I never thought of that.

Roger

Hey guys....I'm fortunate enough to live 30 mi. from the track in Clayton,NJ. I'll be going Sunday. This is a first event for me. Hopefully I won't mess up. Plan to be there at 8 am to participate in the Shine and Show and maybe parade laps? Come by and say Hi......I'm Bill with the 07 GT 500 Alloy w/ silver stripes and you can tell it's mine with Carroll's autograph on the center console. Looking for any helpful newbie info from you old timers. Hope to meet you all there.

I put this message on the other SAAC 33 thread too.

4 days till SAAC-33. This will be the biggest and best SAAC Convention ever. The best part is all the SAAC Forum and TS guys will all there together. I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you.

Thunderbolt is a great track. There will be just so much to see and do. Even if you only can come for one day try to make it. This is not the event to miss.

CaptDave

This is it. One more day till SAAC-33. The forum at SAAC has gone really quiet. Most members must be getting their car's ready and are on their way.

The weather for Sat and Sun look like the best days to come. Mid to high 80's all week.

I hope many of you guys are coming to the event. This is not one to miss for any reason.

CaptDave

This is it. One more day till SAAC-33. The forum at SAAC has gone really quiet. Most members must be getting their car's ready and are on their way.

The weather for Sat and Sun look like the best days to come. Mid to high 80's all week.

I hope many of you guys are coming to the event. This is not one to miss for any reason.

CaptDave

Capt Dave, I am so wanting this work week to end, so I can get there Sunday. Gonna be one for the ages.

Are you on the track on Sunday? Or just coming to see the cars?

CaptDave

Hey CaptDave, a little of both. While I am not a member of SAAC, so I didni't purchase real track time, I will be partaking in the parade laps during the 12:40 timeframe after the vintage racing ends. And I'm especially there for the cars. I am a car nut to the 10th degree. I'll have mine on the Shine & Show field with several other friends from Bad Mustangs Club. I will be following a Saleen Parnelli Jones to the show (my buddy is doing some open track driving). If your there around when registration opens (8 am) and see a PJ Saleen with the numbers already on the car (he had a set made up and permanently attached), and a Vista Blue GT with stripes and CS67s behind, its me. Looking forward to meeting everyone on here who I have chatted with. :shift:

The SAI truck is at SAAC 33! :party2:

It's really good to be here. There are some really amazing cars here and I can't wait to see more roll in!

Everybody stop by and say HI. :)

Robert

It was great meeting with you inside the official SAI vehicle. GT350SHELB/Phil and I had a great time. Wonderful to speak with you in person.

SAAC-33 is going great. One day over so far, two to go. I was nice meeting Amy at the Friday night barbeque.

I have been giving official CaptDave 001 002 003... signatures on the back of everyone's SAAC-33 name tags. Hang onto yours Robert, that will be worth big bucks.

More to come.

CaptDave

What a great day at the track. When I went out in the afternoon I ended up chasing Amy's personal Super Snake for 7 laps. I took some great pictures of the Super Snake going around the track. That car really took off on the straightaways.

SAAC-33 is becoming a great event. We have had perfect weather. Not a drop of rain or high humidity.

CaptDave

Last day at SAAC-33. Spent part of last night over at the SAI trailer again. CaptDave went back to back with Amy. Yes, I'm taller.

Should be a fun last day for everyone there.

CaptDave

GT500 FLYBOY - Saw you at SAAC33 and your car but every time I went to come over you were talking with others so I never got a chance to say hello, got a few pictures of you out on the track - was a very good event, lots of incredible cars there, weather was great, not a bad ride up or back =

Had a chance to talk with Robert for a while, great to see Team Shelby out in force, was good to see him again -

SHELBYGT/SC, what a beautiful car you have...

Tried to put together a slide show also, not sure if its going to turn out - you may notice that my son got a kick out of the license plates....

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k131/sts...nt=240c7ab1.pbw

GT500 FLYBOY - Saw you at SAAC33 and your car but every time I went to come over you were talking with others so I never got a chance to say hello, got a few pictures of you out on the track - was a very good event, lots of incredible cars there, weather was great, not a bad ride up or back =

Had a chance to talk with Robert for a while, great to see Team Shelby out in force, was good to see him again -

SHELBYGT/SC, what a beautiful car you have...

Tried to put together a slide show also, not sure if its going to turn out - you may notice that my son got a kick out of the license plates....

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k131/sts...nt=240c7ab1.pbw

sts -

I think we met somewhere - just can't remember where/when. I think it's beacuse I'm 48. Anyway - here's a better link to your slideshow. click the 'slideshow' button on your link to get here - it's on the top right. Then just copy the url.

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k131/sts...mview=slideshow

Great shots, btw. And thanks for getting some of me on the track. I was wondering if I'd have any evidence to show anyone.

sts -

I think we met somewhere - just can't remember where/when. I think it's beacuse I'm 48. Anyway - here's a better link to your slideshow. click the 'slideshow' button on your link to get here - it's on the top right. Then just copy the url.

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k131/sts...mview=slideshow

Great shots, btw. And thanks for getting some of me on the track. I was wondering if I'd have any evidence to show anyone.

10-4 on the memory (at 50 for me ....) any way, we crossed paths at the Summer Thunder meet a few weeks ago - sure it will happen again in the future

Dave

SAAC-33 is now over. Rick said he has never had more perfect weather than SAAC-33 at NJMP. I think everyone had a great time. Nice to know that NJMP is now the home of the SAAC. I look forward to SAAC-34 in South Jersey.

CaptDave

Archived