TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2nd Generation Flywheel & Nickel hub clutch

Grabber

Yes +1

I know the engineer that designed this 4100 series steel flywheel and met him personally. We talked at length aboout this flywheel. The old nodular iron one did not dissapte the heat well at all, and the slots in it comprimised the structural integrity of the center of it....so they warped when they got hot. This new one......will last a very long life.

Ford did not change to the organic clutch to help us racers....they changed it to save them warranty claims from people that can't seem to get the hang of driving this car right.

Ok, your pic of the flywheel ASY box shows 7R3Z 6375 B. My invoice says 9R3Z 6375 B. So, our flywheel ASYs are still the same, right, just different years?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, your pic of the flywheel ASY box shows 7R3Z 6375 B. My invoice says 9R3Z 6375 B. So, our flywheel ASYs are still the same, right, just different years?

When I enter 9R3Z6375B on the Silver State Parts.com site, the description comes up as "Flywheel - 5.4 liter 5.4 liter - Manual trans 2009".

7R3Z6375B shows up as "Flywheel - 5.4 liter 5.4 liter - Manual trans 2007 - 2008".

Don't know what the differences are.

Edited by 6-Speed

When I enter 9R3Z6375B on the Silver State Parts.com site, the description comes up as "Flywheel - 5.4 liter 5.4 liter - Manual trans 2009".

7R3Z6375B shows up as "Flywheel - 5.4 liter 5.4 liter - Manual trans 2007 - 2008".

Don't know what the differences are.

I'll assume that it is not much, as long as both are the improved flywheel.

I thought those parts were no longer available? (The improved 2007-9 ceramic clutch and flywheel)

Can anyone confirm the parts can still be ordered and purchased?

Ok, I called my dealer this morning and explained that I may have had the old 08 TSB parts installed instead of the TSB 10-3-8 2010-11 parts. The dealer's Claim Manager is now on the case to see what the situation is. I don't know where they got the 07-09 clutch and flywheel parts. I'll post an update as soon as I get more info.

Well, the dealer confirmed the parts installed are the only ones that come up under my VIN #. The parts on TSB 10-3-8- do not come up. I contacted Ford, and they could not bring up the parts either (the "AR" does not come up). So, I'll go with Grabber's advice and keep what I have. The shudder and hiss are gone, and even if the flywheel is not the 2010, I will most likely have traded in the car by the time it has another problem.

That CTS V coupe is looking better all the time.

Edited by Abn

Today marks 2 years since this work was completed. No problems so far. Love the way the car drives and preforms. happy%20feet.gif

True, but as you said you've only put a little over 2000 miles over the past 2 years. That's not a lot to really tell what may happen in the future.

Ford did not change to the organic clutch to help us racers....they changed it to save them warranty claims from people that can't seem to get the hang of driving this car right.

"us racers"... :headscratch:

Didn't know you were a racer Grabboid. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

True, but as you said you've only put a little over 2000 miles over the past 2 years. That's not a lot to really tell what may happen in the future.

"us racers"... :headscratch:

Didn't know you were a racer Grabboid. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Joe,

I have11,000 miles put on my version of this TSB. No change since the day it was done. Still very happy with the installation.

Light66

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Pulling my pilot bearing and installing a new one:

Flywheelinstallation050.jpg

Flywheelinstallation051.jpg

Flywheelinstallation052.jpg

Flywheelinstallation053.jpg

Flywheelinstallation054.jpg

Flywheelinstallation057.jpg

Flywheelinstallation058.jpg

Flywheelinstallation059.jpg

. Bumping this post for Jaun to show the back side of the crankshaft after the flywheel is removed and a new pilot bearing installed. Edited by Grabber

• 1 year later...