TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange Thread

Glenn&Steph

Sounds great Dwain. You work on Bushmaster. That would be three GT-C's for the June Shelby Show. As the date gets closer, we can coordinate closely. The key is to meet there EARLY to get decent parking and so we can park together. I think ZACHMAN is also in Texas ---- not sure where....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great Dwain. You work on Bushmaster. That would be three GT-C's for the June Shelby Show. As the date gets closer, we can coordinate closely. The key is to meet there EARLY to get decent parking and so we can park together. I think ZACHMAN is also in Texas ---- not sure where....

Zachman is in Tyler. I believe I have his email address.

Right now it looks like we are all 4 good to go for the June show. Maybe some others will see this and show up. This could be the largest collection of GT-C's in one place since they were at SAI.

I noticed there are two GT-C's for sale on ebay. One has 5120 miles CSM#08SGT0173 , buy it now is $28,970.

The other one has 14000 miles. CSM#08SGT0200 with a E-Force s/c installed. Buy it now price is $31,500.

I noticed there are two GT-C's for sale on ebay. One has 5120 miles CSM#08SGT0173 , buy it now is $28,970.

The other one has 14000 miles. CSM#08SGT200 with a E-Force s/c installed. Buy it now price is $31,500.

This is the second appearance in two years for 0173. Looks like a nice car, strange it can't find a permanent home.

I thought it was nice looking also. The one with the E-Force s/c also looks nice. Don't know about the E-force s/c. I know a guy that has one on his 06 GT but never have ridden in it. Kinda lean toward the Whipples. Probably because that is what I have on my 07 SGT. I'm sure it is alright.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding #75 at Ray Skillman Ford --- odd that the Shelby letters are on the right above the tail light and not spaced correctly across the trunk lid. Car is basically brand new --- wonder when the Supercharger kit was put on ---- maybe Ray Skillman Performance Ford did it....

Regarding #75 at Ray Skillman Ford --- odd that the Shelby letters are on the right above the tail light and not spaced correctly across the trunk lid. Car is basically brand new --- wonder when the Supercharger kit was put on ---- maybe Ray Skillman Performance Ford did it....

Im sure the letters fell off and some knuckle head put them there. Same thing happend on my car when it was new. Should be a easy fix.

Yea, letter spacing is an easy fix. Also, Seems like the spoiler was put on later and the stripes should go over the spoiler? Anyway, just looking at the little details. For a car with so few miles, I would have left it alone.

Yea, letter spacing is an easy fix. Also, Seems like the spoiler was put on later and the stripes should go over the spoiler? Anyway, just looking at the little details. For a car with so few miles, I would have left it alone.

Me too, I'm not a fan of that spoiler either.

Well I have been in the market for a Gt or GT500 for a while now

Found a 08 Gt500 with Nav

Grabber Orange with Black stripes

under 5k miles

$35,000

Guess I could live with a black or red one but would prefer the orange

Does this price sound about right or a little high

I will look through the thread but I have to get an answer back to seller

Well I have been in the market for a Gt or GT500 for a while now

Found a 08 Gt500 with Nav

Grabber Orange with Black stripes

under 5k miles

$35,000

Guess I could live with a black or red one but would prefer the orange

Does this price sound about right or a little high

I will look through the thread but I have to get an answer back to seller

If it's nice that would be near the right money. Check autotrader, lots of them there. There is a big difference between the GT500 and the Shelby GT. I'm sure after you read through these threads and the GT500, stuff you will know.

Add 08SGT0008-IL to the list. Bought from Citrus Motors, Ontario California. It was shipped and arrived 2 weeks ago and now lives in Glen Carbon, Illinois. It is sitting in my garage next to my 2008 Shelby GT500 (white w/blue stripes). Absolutely love them both. Both are very fun in their own different ways. Get more looks in the Grabber Orange probably because its so bright. I know I owe pictures to all. Will be posting them soon.

Thanks

SGT1197

add my to the list #143 k beast

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow SGT-C brother's. I just bought # 0061 that was available on ebay thru texas hot rides out of Dallas, TX. This is my second SGT. My first was an 07 performance white, # 5468, which was stolen when I was stationed at Fort Rucker, AL back in September 2008. I had stopped in Birmingham and my SGT was stolen. Now I look forward to making new memories with # 0061. I haven't seen her yet since I am currently at Fort Lee, VA for another 4 weeks and having the dealer ship it to my home in Weslaco, TX. I haven't been this excited to get back home since my first return trip from Iraq back in January 2005.

Welcome and congratulations on being a new GT-C owner. As far as I know that gives us 5 owners in Texas!! Thank you for your service to this great country.

Myself and 3 other owners are planning on making the car show below. It would be great it you could attend. It's likely to be the largest gathering of GT-C's together since they we all built. There's lots of great information here on our cars, if you need anything just post up here, I'm sure your question will get answered quickly. Owners list updated.

https://www.legacytexasbank.com/about/shelby-car-show

08SGTC0061---- I'll echo Dwain's comments ----- first, thanks for your service to our country. Second, welcome back and congrats on your GT-C. I have been watching #61 since it came to THR. I live in the Dallas area and have heard THR are good folks. Sure would love to have you join us for the show in June. Dwain and I are trying to muster as many GT-C owners as possible(in or out of Texas)...

Thank you for the warm welcome Dwain and stewarbc. I am looking forward to the Legacy event in June. You all can count me in. Can I get a run down of what to expect that day? Also, do you all recommend a hotel in the area? Thanks and look forward to meeting you all and of course all the Shelby's!

08SGTC0061---- I'll echo Dwain's comments ----- first, thanks for your service to our country. Second, welcome back and congrats on your GT-C. I have been watching #61 since it came to THR. I live in the Dallas area and have heard THR are good folks. Sure would love to have you join us for the show in June. Dwain and I are trying to muster as many GT-C owners as possible(in or out of Texas)...

Hey stewarbc, have you ever visited THR, is their shop located near you? I would like to ask you for a favor. If and only if you are located within the close proximity to THR, if you have a opportunity to stop by the THR lot and inquire about 08SGT-C0061, it would be great for a true Shelby lover to take a look at this car I am purchasing take a good look at it for me and advise me if anything is wrong with this car #61. I have faith on the folks at THR, but my car will be scheduled to be delivered to me sometime next week. So 0061 will remain at THR for about another week, If an issue is identified while at the dealer, they will correct the issue before I take delivery. My hands are tied being on Active Duty training at Fort Lee, VA for the next 4 weeks and I will not be able to inspect my car until after it has been shipped to my house in Texas. By that time it would be too late for me to try and correct an issue with the car from THR. If you can assist, greatly appreciated. By the way I have registered for the Legacy already. Thanks.

08SGTC0061, do you know when it will be shipped from THR? I am out of Texas Monday through early Thursday afternoon. The absolute soonest I could make it out there would be Thursday or Friday(4/17 or 4/18). I have zero issues doing that for you and would be happy to critically inspect it, shoot some other close-ups(beyond what they have on the site), give you a full run-down, call you, etc....

Website states the car has 55K miles. Pictures look great. I assume they provided you with the Carfax? The website description also states "all manuals"...... make sure they vaildate the vehicle manuals are with the car(Shelby GT insert being there would be great too).

Again, I am more than happy and willing to help......

SGT-C0056, thanks. I made an offer of $21,000 but they did not accept due to the fact that they apparently had too many offers and interested buyers. So they did not budge off the asking price. The sales manager, Evan informed me that he was working on 4 other applicants at the same time he received mine, and I was the lucky one I guess. I remember back in September 2007 when I first bought my performance white 07SGT5468 I paid twice as much. I feel good about the purchase, all though I haven't seen the vehicle yet. THR has a great ebay review on all but 1 of their vehicles that have been purchased unseen, so I am sure this one will be great. What size of wheels did you have on your SGT-C? I plan on putting the black 20" Saleen S-197s shortly after I get the car delivered, but im not sure if they will rub on the fender well.

I am glad to report that Mr Brad Stewart was able to stop in with the Texas Hot Rides folks this afternoon and inspect my 08SGTC0061. Upon completion of the inspection Brad and I spoke for a while, and he was happy to inform me that 0061 is in great condition, inside and out. Although there is one minor blemish on one wheel and a minor blemish on one of the side quarter louvers. Sounds great and looks great. I spoke with Evan this evening and has informed me that he put a bid out there for a shipper, he is now waiting for a reply. I cant wait to receive this Grabber O and add her to my garage. I also received an email from SAI notifying me that my shipment of parts I have ordered have been shipped and on their way to my house. Things for me are looking pretty good right now. The proud second owner of #61, this grabber o will be going to a great home, one whom will appreciate her for what she really is. I will not let her out of my sights this time and am considering a better anti theft system for this one. I still have anxiety from when my 07SGT5468 was stolen from me, that was one of my worst days ever. I was original owner for a little over 1 year and she only had 2001 miles on the odometer. If I ever see this car for sale I would like to jump on that offer since she was originally mine.

Thanks once again Brad for conducting the inspection on 0061 earlier today, much appreciated. Looking forward to cruising right side along you one day.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived