TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange Thread

Glenn&Steph

Ok, I thought I posted this before but I might be wrong. Let's play a game:

Since the 2008 SGT-C was built for California Only, I wanted to see how far East of the West Coast everyone is located.

I wil Start.

08SGT0056: Houston, Texas

[/quote. 08SGT0182. Granada Hills Ca...20 miles north of L A

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to Vegas in April for the super charger upgrade.

Does anybody have a Grabber Orange car with a Whipple or any other Super Charger from SAI or one of the Authorized Shelby Mod Shops ?

Thanks for your responses,

Scotty

I have #201 coming from Santa Monica California presently. It should b e in Chesterfield, Mo. (suburb of St. Louis) on Tuesday next week. Hope it makes the trip ok. I'm looking forward togetting it. Wnenn

I have #201 coming from Santa Monica California presently. It should b e in Chesterfield, Mo. (suburb of St. Louis) on Tuesday next week. Hope it makes the trip ok. I'm looking forward togetting it. Wnenn

Congrats...You will LOVE IT

I am glad to hear I will not be the only SGT-C at the 45th celebration. It would be cool to park them together in the Team Shelby Corral. If you are coming to Birmingham, please PM stngfever. He is organizing the corral.

Also, if you have any questions about Birmingham, I am glad to help.

Safe travels and God bless,

Al

I am glad to hear I will not be the only SGT-C at the 45th celebration. It would be cool to park them together in the Team Shelby Corral. If you are coming to Birmingham, please PM stngfever. He is organizing the corral.

Also, if you have any questions about Birmingham, I am glad to help.

Safe travels and God bless,

Al

Just got it approved by the spouse, So I will be at the 45th show. look forward in seeing some of the cousins and brothers (SGT's)

201 arrived this morning at the dealer and I'm set to pick it up next week. They want to have it on the Showroom floor for a couple days........

They've got it in the corner with stanchions around it. The car has to be clay'd and the stripes replaced. Looks like acid rain. The stripes are really spotted. You never know what you are getting on a dealer trade. I have a lot of faith in this dealer. I run a bunch of service trucks through their shop and they take care of me. They will make it right before I pick it up. Just a few days more. Just have to keep driving my GT500.

They've got it in the corner with stanchions around it. The car has to be clay'd and the stripes replaced. Looks like acid rain. The stripes are really spotted. You never know what you are getting on a dealer trade. I have a lot of faith in this dealer. I run a bunch of service trucks through their shop and they take care of me. They will make it right before I pick it up. Just a few days more. Just have to keep driving my GT500.

Had to replace the stripes on mine also. It almost looked like little rust spots on the stripes. ENJOY !!!

I stopped by the dealer a little while ago. They had sent the car down in their shop to have a new battery put into it as it was dead this morning after sitting over the weekend. Planning on doing a thorough go through on it as it sat for a long time. TPS not working and stuff like that. The salesman I deal with said that it was fun selling a brand new used car.......I guess these cars are a little over a year old now. They still have about 50 to sell in California.

They still have about 50 to sell in California.

That Many, Wow! I figured with the low run of GO SGT's built by SAI and not Ford, they would be gone by now. I mean if you add 2007 and 2008 SGT, the number is around 7000+, and GO SGT are not even 5%.

There were 220 GO Shelby GT's built (3 automatics). When we started keeping track of the cars available in January there were 64 cars still on lots in California. When I pulled the trigger in March there were 54. Even with the low production numbers the retail cost is too high. The price of the cars now (with Ford's 5500.00 rebate) is almost reasonable. Its one reason I went ahead and got it. I thought this would be a great keeper for a long time especially since most of the cars will be in California. By this evening the dealer had all the items fixed with the exception of the stripes and their detail man tried a few things and declared them done and needing replacement. The scoop has been ordered ( it was lumpy) and the will be replaced when they do the stripes. We're waiting on SAI now. I had similiar issues with my 08 SGT Convertible (auto tranny=wife's Mustang). Plans for the GT-C include GO mirror covers and radiator extensions from Midwest Auto Gear, a black lower grille from SAI, some Freestyle foglamps cut into the fake grilles in the lower valance and connected to the dash switch. These are the same things that I've done to the Vista Blue car. I also want to put on some different brake pads and slotted rotors. Biggest change will be an Edelbrock Eforce Supercharger (my current pick I think). Will get ome picks posted after I get it home over the weekend.

I am going to Vegas in April for the super charger upgrade.

Does anybody have a Grabber Orange car with a Whipple or any other Super Charger from SAI or one of the Authorized Shelby Mod Shops ?

Thanks for your responses,

Scotty

#0064 in Denmark has the official Shelby Paxton/IC upgrade done by Tasca. As it was built for export this was possible.

I looked at the 500s as well but fell in love with the GT C . I always thought the 65-6 GT 350s were the coolest car ever made and the Shelby GT is as close as I will probably ever get to a 350.

My dad's auto repair garage did the first mechanical restoration on '65 GT 350 # 0013 in 1975 and I fell in love with the GT 350s then. How cool was it for me to be dropped off at high school by my brother in one of the very first Shelby's ?? The car had only 3000 miles on it at the time and had been sitting on a neighbors front lawn for 10 years. It was for sale at the time for 3000.00. No matter how hard I pleaded with my dad he wouldn't let me buy the car.

Could probably pull over half a mill for that car now with that low of a production number and concourse restoration...

"Lucky 13"

R/ J

Could probably pull over half a mill for that car now with that low of a production number and concourse restoration...

"Lucky 13"

R/ J

#13 turned out to be an unlucky # After a complete restoration it was destroyed in a fire that consumed my friend Steve's musclecar collection in a warehouse. that included a pair of rare 389 tri powered GTOs .The Shelby was restored again and then involved in a second fire. I think he sold it to a museum for about 25K. Last I heard he was trying to buy it back and offered them 250K but not sure the outcome

#13 turned out to be an unlucky # After a complete restoration it was destroyed in a fire that consumed my friend Steve's musclecar collection in a warehouse. that included a pair of rare 389 tri powered GTOs .The Shelby was restored again and then involved in a second fire. I think he sold it to a museum for about 25K. Last I heard he was trying to buy it back and offered them 250K but not sure the outcome

That's nuts!!!

Thanx

R/ J

Archived