TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange Thread

Glenn&Steph

It finally got here. I have been waiting for my new plate since October. What do you think?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a bracket to mount the front plate on a Shelby GT ?? I don't want to drill holes in the bumper but have already been pulled over for no front plate [Chickensh*t California]

I tried a kit that remotely moves the plate from under the bumper to proper display position but the Shelby is too low for that kit. Thanks for any help you can provide, Paul.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Louis ...were you at the Shelby Bash last month ??

No I wasn't. Maybe I will amke one next time. As for the front plate, i dont have one either. They are bad in Texas also. I used to have a couple of Mini Coopers and had no plate, got pulled over allot by the State trooper. I finally just threw the plate in the windshiels when I went on long drives.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a bracket to mount the front plate on a Shelby GT ?? I don't want to drill holes in the bumper but have already been pulled over for no front plate [Chickensh*t California]

I tried a kit that remotely moves the plate from under the bumper to proper display position but the Shelby is too low for that kit. Thanks for any help you can provide, Paul.

I have this one on the SCT-C

http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/Instructions27DEC07.pdf

Where is all the GO owners at? just keeping it alive

Thanks Louis! There is a lack of participation here myself included. Well, there is 6200 miles on mine. The car is backed in the garage, sitting pretty, wax applied. I have been using the 2007 SGT more lately, trying to keep the miles down on the GO. But, many that know us here are always asking to see the grabber orange one. The car is beautiful and gets lots of attention. I haven't done anything to it. Plan on just keeping it the way it is for now.

Glenn

I have 300 miles on mine. Drove it this week while the sun was out. Last week we had a sunny day and had to choose between the SGT and the 66 GT. Took the 66 GT and I broke down!! The transmission linkage broke, so I was stuck on 2nd gear. My first choice was the SGT, but wife told me to take out the classic.

The problem is that after driving this SGT and the classic, I get looks on both, but there is nothing like a new car. I am going to sell the 66 GT

Thanks Louis! There is a lack of participation here myself included. Well, there is 6200 miles on mine. The car is backed in the garage, sitting pretty, wax applied. I have been using the 2007 SGT more lately, trying to keep the miles down on the GO. But, many that know us here are always asking to see the grabber orange one. The car is beautiful and gets lots of attention. I haven't done anything to it. Plan on just keeping it the way it is for now.

Glenn

I'm in Granada Hills Ca got about 1400 miles on the GT C. Having to use it as my daily driver until I can rebuild the motor in the '05 which recently dropped a cylinder. I have thought about driving the GT C to Alabama in April but of course don't wanna put that many miles on the Shelby. I think it would be cool to drive the Shelby accross America once. If I get the '05 rebuilt with forged internals before April I'll probably drive it. I drove the '89 to nashville in '04 for the 45th celebration but not sure i wanna make another 5K trip in a "beastly-Fox."

I'm in Granada Hills Ca got about 1400 miles on the GT C. Having to use it as my daily driver until I can rebuild the motor in the '05 which recently dropped a cylinder. I have thought about driving the GT C to Alabama in April but of course don't wanna put that many miles on the Shelby. I think it would be cool to drive the Shelby accross America once. If I get the '05 rebuilt with forged internals before April I'll probably drive it. I drove the '89 to nashville in '04 for the 45th celebration but not sure i wanna make another 5K trip in a "beastly-Fox."

Once I get the car out for the weekend, I can't stop driving it. Any excuse to go somewhere. Its funny because I feel like when I was a teenager and had my '78 Z 28 I wanted to do grocery trips for the parents just to drive.

We talked about doing a trip to Vegas in the GO but need to wait to Stephanie feels better. Then we go.......

Glenn

Once I get the car out for the weekend, I can't stop driving it. Any excuse to go somewhere. Its funny because I feel like when I was a teenager and had my '78 Z 28 I wanted to do grocery trips for the parents just to drive.

We talked about doing a trip to Vegas in the GO but need to wait to Stephanie feels better. Then we go.......

Glenn

There is a new GT-C on Ebay right now. It has 5 miles and was listed by a dealer in Santa Clarita Ca. Right now it's at 27,109.00. It has a buy it now price of 34.5K. On the list of options it shows DVD/Nav option. Does anyone know if this was indeed an option on the '08s or just a misprint ??

There is a new GT-C on Ebay right now. It has 5 miles and was listed by a dealer in Santa Clarita Ca. Right now it's at 27,109.00. It has a buy it now price of 34.5K. On the list of options it shows DVD/Nav option. Does anyone know if this was indeed an option on the '08s or just a misprint ??

08sgt0190 - sitting in my garage has dvd / Nav

Thanks. I'll have to ck with Ford and see if it's possible to upgrade my car with the GPS. I'm gonna drive accross country to Birmingham I. April and would love to have the factory GPS

I am sure they will be happy to upgrade you. It is only money after all. I have to admit that I was kind of disgusted when I got an offer from ford to update my navigation maps for a couple of hundred dollars when my car was a year old. On the other hand, my ford gps is better overall than my stand alone Tom Tom, but they both get lost.

Hi, I am new to the forum. My Shelby arrived on 2/28/09. This is my third Mustang and first Shelby. What a great car. I had a tough time putting the car away to go to work. My CSM No. 08SGT0102.

shelbyforum2.JPG

shelbyforum2.JPG

Hi, I am new to the forum. My Shelby arrived on 2/28/09. This is my third Mustang and first Shelby. What a great car. I had a tough time putting the car away to go to work. My CSM No. 08SGT0102.

Welcome!!

I have to say the GT-C are my absolute favourite Shelby GT.

Congrats on the beautiful Mustang.

Now...

Drive it like you stole it :happy feet:

Welcome and enjoy your new GT-C.....I'm lovin' mine also !!!! [My 1st Shelby also !]

WELCOME ABOARD AND CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW PIECE OF SHELBY HISTORY.

SCOTTY

HEY MAN NICE CAR ... NICE CAR MAN!

Congrats. Can't wait to go on a road trip.

Later,

Pete.

Ok, I thought I posted this before but I might be wrong. Let's play a game:

Since the 2008 SGT-C was built for California Only, I wanted to see how far East of the West Coast everyone is located.

I wil Start.

08SGT0056: Houston, Texas

Archived