TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange Thread

Glenn&Steph

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up everyone, I recently purchased #200 of the 08 Shelby GT-Cs. The car needs some touch ups here and there, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the exact same stripe package, the original ones have been eaten by the sun. Car has 14,000 miles and is in Miami, FL. Southern most GT-C

I would probably look into painting. Shelby has them, but they are pretty pricy

Yea, looks like painting is the way to go. The previous owner didn't really care for the car. Interior looks a lot more worn than it should be, it's missing a hood pin, stripes are bad, and a few chips in the paint. But with the Eaton supercharger putting it near 500 hp, I can't complain. And I got it at a great price at $23,500 at auction, and yes it's a clean title car.

All in good time will it be perfect again, she's in good hands. My father and I are serious ocd nuts with cars, his 87 Camaro IROC Z/28 is showroom new with 15,000 original miles. He's the original owner, and the car is still original.

What's up everyone, I recently purchased #200 of the 08 Shelby GT-Cs. The car needs some touch ups here and there, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the exact same stripe package, the original ones have been eaten by the sun. Car has 14,000 miles and is in Miami, FL. Southern most GT-C

Welcome and congrats on your GT-C.

For anyone that has the new Shelby magazine, look on page 64/65. There's a trio of GT-C's. The one on the very far end is mine, believe Zachman's is in the middle, and the one with the banner under hood ----- it was previously owned by 08SGT128 and is now owned by SGT-C0056. That sure was a fun day.

For anyone that has the new Shelby magazine, look on page 64/65. There's a trio of GT-C's. The one on the very far end is mine, believe Zachman's is in the middle, and the one with the banner under hood ----- it was previously owned by 08SGT128 and is now owned by SGT-C0056. That sure was a fun day.

That was a great day. Hope to have many more with my Shelby friends.

I ask for your welcome in to the group. As of November, I've been the new owner & caretaker of 08SGT0085. For ones that may want to keep record of each of these cars, here's #85s past.

-Left Flat Rock with a window sticker dated June 21, 2007. Included options of the interior upgrade & upfitters pkg, active anti-theft, HID headlights, and the Skaker 1000 audio system (I read in this thread where the 1000 system is rare for the group). GT price sticker of $32,510

-Assigned to Galpin Ford, this car never left Shelby American to CA.....Gary Patterson signed the purchase paperwork for this car, over to Shelby, August 27th. I suppose they buy a few cars every year for company use and marketing promotion.

-This car got the basic Shelby GT package (no supercharge). Shelby windshied price sticker of $8500+$1k guzzler.

-In April of 2008, MotorTrend magazine printed a 'head-to-head' comparison article between Roush, Saleen, and Shelby. This is the car that was used in that event. To give it a much better chance to win the MotorTrend review challenge, it's my assumption that's why Shelby added their $4190 Baer brake package, and 20"x9"Shelby (A-R Razor) satin aluminum wheels with wide Pirelli Pzero tires...both not listed as an option on the windshield sticker. Yes, the drivers and writers liked the Shelby best. Clean looks, the highest dyno'd torque, and .97g lateral acceleration were the praise.

-In the Las Vegas 2010 Barrett-Jackson, Shelby American sold the car, with 3879 miles...and bald Pirelli tires. The buyer was Sam Pack of the Dallas, TX. area. Mr. Pack is the owner of one of Ford's most successful dealer networks, and is a large collector of auto rarities. His people trucked the car to his warehouse/museum, and from then until the sale to me, put 12 more miles on the odometer.

-In November, Mr.Pack had RM Auctions come and assist him with the sale of 132 vehicles from his collection, this car being one. Althought I've never considered myself a late model Ford mustang lover, the beauty (and history) of this car blew me away. A lower bid to show my interest, and a higher bid for the smile this car put on my face....I became the first 'regular guy' owner of this car.

Being a guy that still has his first vehicle...a 1966 Chevrolet pickup that was bought new by my grandfather...I have an interest in keeping collector grade vehicles in 'show' condition. Some things I've already done to this Mustang...I've got fresh Pirelli rubber, MRT gas struts for the hood (what's the deal with that cheap import car hood prop rod?), Shelby alum. covers for the brake reservoir and fuse box, leather boot for hand brake lever, Ford's alum. bezel&boot accessory replacement for the shifter, and installed a sequential tail light harness kit. Soon to put on a Shelby GT embroidered inner trunk lid carpet piece, and figure out how to add bluetooth capability to the audio (phone connect)

Grabber Orange #85's first couple of years were somewhat of celebrity status. The next few years went by as a 'dust collector' in Mr Pack's warehouse, and possibly some time of 'open to the public' visual enjoyment in his museum. With me, it will be a vehicle that's well taken care of, and limited in it's additional miles to recreational outings (car shows, sunny weekends, etc.).

God's continued blessings, and safe road travels for us all.

08GrabberO#85,

A HEARTY welcome to the group!!!!! I watched the RM Auction from here in Dallas as I could not go in person. I was so happy when I saw this cross the block ---- and you are the proud owner! Congrats to you! What a wonderful vehicle with a great history......

Where are you located?

08SGTC0061, zachman, stewarbc, SGTC-0056, 08GrabberO#85 are all from Texas and two of us are in the Dallas area already....

Last year, we had 3 GT-C's represented at the Shelby Show. Unfortunately, 08SGTC0061 and Bushmaster couldn't make it or it would have been 5.

I would love to see 5 in one place or even more......

GrabberO#85 , My grandson said he had the pleasure of meeting you at Cars and Coffee in Dallas. Mustangs are his passion. He has inherited #089 but it stays in Longview because he has no room in Mansfield to store it. Thanks for taking the time to share your story of your car with him and his friend. He really enjoyed the day and he called me all excited!

Looking forward to meeting you in the future.

Dave

Welcome 08GrabberO#85. I was going through my Shelby information last night and I re-read the 2008 MotorTrend magazine head-to-head article on your car. As I read the article I though, it would sure be nice to own that particular Shelby GT-C. You have one awesome car there. As Stewarbc mentioned above, I too am located in Texas and it would be great for all us Texas GT-C owners to get together sometime.

On another note. I am working on a Car Show Banner so I can display when I go to local car shows. I have been trying go gather information as to my cars build date, # 1 of # so many with NAV, and any other relevant build information associated with this car and the GT-C model. I have ordered my Maroney sticker and Registry Authentication already. I have asked Steve with SAI and he informed me that the only info they have is that my car is 1 of 215 grabber orange cars built. He said that they hope to have the info at a later date. I have been waiting since 2007, when i got my first SGT 5468 (sold) for the registry to put out more info on these cars. It has been around 8 years now and i cant believe this info is not readily available yet. If any one on here can shed some light on any of these facts for our cars that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope to meet up with you Texas GO owners soon.

Chris

Chris/Louis, check out post #1036 in this thread (Scottmadwi - owner of 1 of the 4 Automatics) provided some really great information. He has all the PDF files of the window stickers and seems to have a lot of information on the GT-C's. Unfortunately, his health has been compromised and he's not on very much.....

Wow, 12 SGTCs in Texas. We need to have a weekend meet one of these days at a centrally located area relatively close to all of us. For those of you whom have painted their stripes, whats the going rate to get this done? My stripes will need to be replaced soon and i am leaning towards getting them painted. Also, for those of you whom have 20 × 10/9 offset wheels, do they rub on the fenders? Last thing i wanna do is buy expensive 20 in wheels only to find out they rub on the fenders. Thanks, you all have a great one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived