TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange Thread

Glenn&Steph

there is a guy on here with Mike Morris that can help you find the car, forgot his name.

Roger, he does the registry for shelby. Without him I have found another GO SGT at Galpin and will try for that one this weekend. I don't know the CSM#.

I think I will shoot for 28k with 0% fin.

Mike

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Galpin lied and tried to sell me an 09 california special ($430 a month 0% int 72 mo). I went to Hollywood and the #138 car is there and has a severe stripe (rust color) problem. Will work the deal today to see if 0% applies to an 08.

What should I be setting as the start price?

Mike

Claremont Ford in San Diego shows 4 GT-C's in stock, all with navigation (#'s 14, 34, 95, & 98).

They should be willing to deal if there really are 4 left in stock.

Perry Ford in Santa Barbara shows 2 in stock, both with navigation (#'s 100 & 119).

Fritts Ford in Riverside shows 2 in stock, both with navigation (#'s 16 & 80).

Santa Monica Ford shows 1 in stock with navigation (# 88).

Mullahey Ford in Arroyo Grande shows 1 in stock with navigation (# 103).

I'm not sure how updated these inventories are, but these are some to check out.

Claremont Ford in San Diego shows 4 GT-C's in stock, all with navigation (#'s 14, 34, 95, & 98).

They should be willing to deal if there really are 4 left in stock.

Perry Ford in Santa Barbara shows 2 in stock, both with navigation (#'s 100 & 119).

Fritts Ford in Riverside shows 2 in stock, both with navigation (#'s 16 & 80).

Santa Monica Ford shows 1 in stock with navigation (# 88).

Mullahey Ford in Arroyo Grande shows 1 in stock with navigation (# 103).

I just got back from Fairway Ford in Yorba Linda. I was negotiating for #120 (w/nav) as the guy at Hollywood Ford never called back. I offered 30k they want 33k and 0% was not an option, only the 09s had that. So now is the waiting game because I'm in no hurry.

The good news is my wife is now on my side as she sees me playing hard ball with the dealers : )

Mike

PS the #120 car had bad stripes and I had to make them put air in the tires for the test drive. Car had 23 miles on it.

Since Paulthreestang will not trade me so I can have matching 07/08 SGTs, I am going to try for the #98 car. I don't know what the significance of 98 is to Shelby but I see that # quite often in the Shelby world. I don't really care as long as I get a smoken deal.

Cliff told me I should hold out at 28k out the door. So far the best deal is 32K and I pay tax/title also. I've been offering 30K.

I will also contact Mike Morris on the advise if Mywickedshelby.

Mike

Since Paulthreestang will not trade me so I can have matching 07/08 SGTs, I am going to try for the #98 car. I don't know what the significance of 98 is to Shelby but I see that # quite often in the Shelby world. I don't really care as long as I get a smoken deal.

Cliff told me I should hold out at 28k out the door. So far the best deal is 32K and I pay tax/title also. I've been offering 30K.

I will also contact Mike Morris on the advise if Mywickedshelby.

Mike

I guess I missed something here......what kind of trade were you suggesting ??

Mike -

I purchaced mine in February of this year from Star Ford in Glendale, CA for $31,300. I think you can do better because I bought mine over the phone sight unseen with no test drive. It had 25 miles on the car never registered. The interest rate was high to I refinanced the car to a much lower rate once I took ownership. The car has the Shaker 1000 system. I was not interested in Navigation I wanted to get lost in this car. The best purchace I ever made.

- Kevin

Mike -

I purchaced mine in February of this year from Star Ford in Glendale, CA for $31,300. I think you can do better because I bought mine over the phone sight unseen with no test drive. It had 25 miles on the car never registered. The interest rate was high to I refinanced the car to a much lower rate once I took ownership. The car has the Shaker 1000 system. I was not interested in Navigation I wanted to get lost in this car. The best purchace I ever made.

- Kevin

Hey grabber orange SGT owners how much is the Shelby part of the window sticker say Thanks in advance Greg

Greg -

The Shelby package price was $8,500 plus $1,000 for the gas guzzler tax. I don't know if all Mustangs had this tax because the tax was attatched to the Shelby sticker and not the actual window sticker. The highway estimated mileage window sticker was lower than the factory. My car ended up being cheaper to purchace than the Mustang by itself.

- Kevin

I just got back from Fairway Ford in Yorba Linda. I was negotiating for #120 (w/nav) as the guy at Hollywood Ford never called back. I offered 30k they want 33k and 0% was not an option, only the 09s had that. So now is the waiting game because I'm in no hurry.

The good news is my wife is now on my side as she sees me playing hard ball with the dealers : )

Mike

PS the #120 car had bad stripes and I had to make them put air in the tires for the test drive. Car had 23 miles on it.

You should get #120, that way I know who my neighbors are (I have #121). Mine had exactly 75 miles on it when i bought it in April. I think it has had the stripes replaced too. I know for sure it has had the hood off at some point.

Hey grabber orange SGT owners how much is the Shelby part of the window sticker say Thanks in advance Greg

Greg,

What was the final ticket on #88? I'm now looking at 2 other cars but the dealer is asking 34K each, I must have angered them with my direct approach. They are not lowering the price or returning my emails.

Mike

Greg,

What was the final ticket on #88? I'm now looking at 2 other cars but the dealer is asking 34K each, I must have angered them with my direct approach. They are not lowering the price or returning my emails.

Mike

Mike I hope you are not mad at me you know we were both looking at these I just picked a dealer who had one and started to make a deal my cost was 30,048 plus I HAVE TO PAY SALES TAX OF 6% when its back in Mi it has everything including nav

shipping is 275.00 to vegas if I do the sc upgrade if not I will ship it to mi I am trying to figure if logistics can work out to keep it in vegas till Jan

Mike have you found one yet or what? I know that they are wanting to get rid of these cars since it is time for the model year to start. These are now 2 years old and they won't lower the price?.

Mike I just got off the phone with Fritts and they would not go lower than 33,995.00 plus fees. I guess they are stuck with those SGT's. I was trying for you...sorry buddy.

Mike I hope you are not mad at me you know we were both looking at these I just picked a dealer who had one and started to make a deal my cost was 30,048 plus I HAVE TO PAY SALES TAX OF 6% when its back in Mi it has everything including nav

shipping is 275.00 to vegas if I do the sc upgrade if not I will ship it to mi I am trying to figure if logistics can work out to keep it in vegas till Jan

My wife has a house in henderson and there is a nice 2 car garage. The house is unoccupied. Ship that sucker to LV and get it SCed. It would probably be done by Jan or before. She said she'll rent the space cheap for storage of your car.

I want the elusive 28K deal, no I'm not mad, just cash shy to do killer deals.

My wife has a house in henderson and there is a nice 2 car garage. The house is unoccupied. Ship that sucker to LV and get it SCed. It would probably be done by Jan or before. She said she'll rent the space cheap for storage of your car.

I want the elusive 28K deal, no I'm not mad, just cash shy to do killer deals.

thanks for the offer mike i will keep that in mind pm me with a price thanks greg

Hey GT/C owners!

I went to Sun State Ford here in Orlando,Florida and needed to pick up some Touch-up paint. I told the parts dept. that I needed Grabber Orange color for a 2008 Shelby GT/C. He tells me there was not such color in the system. So, I gave him my VIN number and he then tells me that it is listed as another color. Doesn't our paperwork state the color as Grabber orange?

So, we have Valencia Orange cars? Now, I'm NOT upset about this but it is interesting.

Someone the other day thought my car looks like MAC and CHEESE. Well, I hope its KRAFT!!

Glenn

Hey GT/C owners!

I went to Sun State Ford here in Orlando,Florida and needed to pick up some Touch-up paint. I told the parts dept. that I needed Grabber Orange color for a 2008 Shelby GT/C. He tells me there was not such color in the system. So, I gave him my VIN number and he then tells me that it is listed as another color. Doesn't our paperwork state the color as Grabber orange?

So, we have Valencia Orange cars? Now, I'm NOT upset about this but it is interesting.

Someone the other day thought my car looks like MAC and CHEESE. Well, I hope its KRAFT!!

Glenn

I just pulled out my window sticker, it says clear as day "U3 Grabber Orange Clearcoat". I too have had the "Valencia Orange" debate. I just hope I never have to have the "No its not yellow" debate again

I just thought I would post a picture of my latest SGT-C adventure. Mustang-mustang show at Nut Tree Airport. I just went up there to look around and got put in the show. The one time I did not wash and wax the Shelby before taking it out :doh:

Our cars look GREAT no matter how dirty they are.

Glenn

Our cars look GREAT no matter how dirty they are.

Glenn

Your "Dirty" cars look better than the cars I've seen on the dealer lots. I'm amazed they are not taking better care of them.

Mustang/ mustang shot is cool.

Mike

Archived