TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TERLINGUA DRESS ATIRE

ken07gt500

OK, MY GIRLFRIEND AND I WERE OUT SHOPPING TODAY AND WE GOT ON THE DISCUSSION OF WHAT WE WILL BE WEARING AT ANY GIVEN TIME DURING TERLINGUA, THE BIRTHDAY BASH WAS FORMAL, THE PARTY AT BLUSH MORE CASUAL/FORMAL.

SO I,M JUST WONDERING HOW FORMAL ARE WE GOING TO BE? OBVIOUSLY WE ALL WANT TO BE AS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE. ANY THOUGHTS? DO I REALLY HAVE TO PUT ON A SUIT AGAIN..... THIS IS TERALINGUA, TX RIGHT? THANKS , KEN

OK, MY GIRLFRIEND AND I WERE OUT SHOPPING TODAY AND WE GOT ON THE DISCUSSION OF WHAT WE WILL BE WEARING AT ANY GIVEN TIME DURING TERLINGUA, THE BIRTHDAY BASH WAS FORMAL, THE PARTY AT BLUSH MORE CASUAL/FORMAL.

SO I,M JUST WONDERING HOW FORMAL ARE WE GOING TO BE? OBVIOUSLY WE ALL WANT TO BE AS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE. ANY THOUGHTS? DO I REALLY HAVE TO PUT ON A SUIT AGAIN..... THIS IS TERALINGUA, TX RIGHT? THANKS , KEN

Hey Fred - don't forget to bring a suit for Ken :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Seriously, this is cowboy country, jeans and boots. I hear if you wear a tie in West Texas, they either cut it or shoot it off you.

Michael

I'm not wearing a dress either, the wife may wear a jean skirt though! I think that is as formal as we will be. As for the eight passenger limo, does it have chilled drinks in those leather pouches? And were is the ambient lighting? :hysterical: I guess seeing that it's a convertable, riding under the stars is?

Seriously, this is cowboy country, jeans and boots. I hear if you wear a tie in West Texas, they either cut it or shoot it off you.

Michael

Don't fergit yer hat!!!! All them cowboys wear them gosh dern hats all the time!!!!

It's gonna be HOT, average temps running in the mid 90's.

Guys, the dress is casual and cool , since it still will be hot during the day. at night during dinners we ask you to NOT wear tee shirts and shorts to the dinner.

at the bar and parties wear whatever you like. there will be photographers and press and special guests, so just for the dinner, please wear a collared shirt and long pants....

Amy

Guys, the dress is casual and cool , since it still will be hot during the day. at night during dinners we ask you to NOT wear tee shirts and shorts to the dinner.

at the bar and parties wear whatever you like. there will be photographers and press and special guests, so just for the dinner, please wear a collared shirt and long pants....

Amy

... and boots and a cowboy hat, right Amy? We're in Texas after all (besides, that's what I was planning on wearing anyway and I don't want to be the only one).

Matt

Stumbled into these three vids of casual interviews with Carroll Shelby and Sir Stirling Moss from a Keels and Wheels Charity Auction in TX some years ago. The audio is poor so it's a bit tedious and you'll need to turn it up, but there's some fun insights into the old days of racing and these iconic team members' personalitites that was worth the listen.

vid #3

vid #4

vid #5

Archived