TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pollen!!!!

Mickey d

Ok so I drive my SGT everyday, I also wash it at least every other week and use Zaino....So I had some pollen and clear sap that was on the car and I decided to use some fast detail to at least wipe the stripes down and there are two marks where the pollen went through the wax and left marks on the stripes.... I have tried everything except vinegar (trying that tonight)

is this everyone's experience with the vinyl stripes? I looked through the forums and it seems so and I had several coats of wax on the car...

Sorry for venting know this is going to happen with a DD but still makes you mad.

Mark

Ok so I drive my SGT everyday, I also wash it at least every other week and use Zaino....So I had some pollen and clear sap that was on the car and I decided to use some fast detail to at least wipe the stripes down and there are two marks where the pollen went through the wax and left marks on the stripes.... I have tried everything except vinegar (trying that tonight)

is this everyone's experience with the vinyl stripes? I looked through the forums and it seems so and I had several coats of wax on the car...

Sorry for venting know this is going to happen with a DD but still makes you mad.

Mark

You sure its pollen that caused the stain? Most of us with stain problems, including me, is from acid rain which is covered under warranty. I'm still waiting for mine to be replaced.

I guess that is possible. maybe i should send SAI a message.

Mark

You sure its pollen that caused the stain? Most of us with stain problems, including me, is from acid rain which is covered under warranty. I'm still waiting for mine to be replaced.

I guess that is possible. maybe i should send SAI a message.

Mark

You should take your to a Ford Dealership and have them look at it. They will take pictures and take down your cars info and send them to SAI for a claim. At least thats what they did for my stripe issue. Good luck.

I've never heard of pollen causing damage. I've had cars covered with pollen in the past, and never had damage. Now acid rain...that's another story...

Mickey D what part of CA are you in? If you see little yellow or brown drops on your car it's not pollen. Those drops are insect droppings. And yes they will damage or rather stain the vinyl stripes. :fan:

The insects in CA must be eating some really spicy food. :hysterical:

I just Moved to Folsom from the Monterey area, well that stinks if that is what it is, the stripes can't hold up even with at least two coats of wax?

mark

Mickey D what part of CA are you in? If you see little yellow or brown drops on your car it's not pollen. Those drops are insect droppings. And yes they will damage or rather stain the vinyl stripes. :fan:

Bro, with the utmost of respect, when I see multiple Bees land on my car, and then take off after leaving a little yellow powdery gift behind, it's pollen. Those suckers are attracted to the smell of the Carnuba wax and then see a big gigantic orange flower, they do what they are programmed to do and that's to pollenate my car.

It's pollen. Fly shit is brown, the yellow powdery stuff is pollen. I get it on my car all the time.

Micky D, I admit that I am very quick to remove any gifts left from the birds and the bees, but I have never had any staining issues on my stripes, and I have the flat black ones one my car.

If vinegar does not work, get yourself a bottle of AEROSPACE PROTECTANT 303. That stuff is designed to clean and protect vinyl. They have a website if you want to find out more about it.

Wow, bees in Cally pollinate cars..Sure glad I live in New York. Our bees just sting you than steal your wallet. :hysterical:

Yeah, but not before they grab their crotch and say YO! :hysterical:

It's pollen. Fly shit is brown, the yellow powdery stuff is pollen. I get it on my car all the time.

+ 100000

There are times when my car gets 10 droppings in one day.. or 2 weeks can pass without one drop..

It is pollen.. and yes it stains the stripes. Honestly, after a few washes, it should disappear.. I have seen stains on my stripes only to have them vanish after a couple of washes..

Regardless.. it's going to happen again.. even if you replace the stripes.. That yellow stuff also does a number on paint.. it burns through the clear coat instantly.

:cry:

White 07

Mark

I believe there are some durability issues with the quality of 07 stripes. In 08, and any replacement kits you get today, they use a higher quality thicker glossy material.

Take it in for a warranty claim and see what happens. I don't think your issue is pollen, that would be a first, but regardless the 07 stripes discolor and stain very easily and once they do it doesn't come off.

IM MY EXPERIENCE!

Thanks, I have emailed SAI since I am having dealer issues here in Sacremento, CA

I need to find a good one the first one I found did $500 worth of damage during an oil change and tire rotation

Mark

I believe there are some durability issues with the quality of 07 stripes. In 08, and any replacement kits you get today, they use a higher quality thicker glossy material.

Take it in for a warranty claim and see what happens. I don't think your issue is pollen, that would be a first, but regardless the 07 stripes discolor and stain very easily and once they do it doesn't come off.

IM MY EXPERIENCE!

Archived