TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Long Island Meet and Greet?

tekheavy

Saturday, 5PM or so. Walmart parking lot, Commack, south end of lot, be there or be square. :lurk:

I'll always be square, but I'm comin' anyway..save me a parking space.

If you come in the same driveway as the Multi-Plex, Evan, where is it - just further down the road?

Kevin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll always be square, but I'm comin' anyway..save me a parking space.

If you come in the same driveway as the Multi-Plex, Evan, where is it - just further down the road?

Kevin

If your coming south on Commack Rd, make the left at the light after Motor Pkwy. The road comes around to the right and the next light is Walmart. Make a left into the shopping center and then the first right you can make. Go all the way down to the other end of the parking lot and make a right.

You can't miss it. As soon as you pull in, you'll see the cars there.

Can anyone give me some directions? I'll be coming from exit 63 off the LIE.

Go West on the LIE to exit 52. Stay in the right lane as you approach 52 because the LIE splits there. Take the service road to Commack Rd. Make a right on Commack Rd. Make the right turn at the second light I believe down Henry St. Make a left at the first light. Go down about 1/4 mile and you'll see the Walmart shopping center on your right.

Oh course you could just go to Walmart.com and get directions to the Commack Walmart that way too.

Hey, the Lawn Guyland SGT contingent made a good showing last night at the informal (but big-time-happenin') Commack Walmart show!

Great seeing Evan again and also meeting StratGirl and Torrence. Bob---you onboard yet?

Have any good pics, Torrence? (Next time I'll bring my Polaroid).

Kevin

Hey, the Lawn Guyland SGT contingent made a good showing last night at the informal (but big-time-happenin') Commack Walmart show!

Great seeing Evan again and also meeting StratGirl and Torrence. Bob---you onboard yet?

Kevin

I'll post up picks in a new thread. Great meeting you all yesterday, had a great time.

Kevin

Yes, Nice meet you again Kevin. That was quite an array of cars there yesterday. Torrence posted up some nice pics.

BTW....what's a Polaroid? :hysterical:

Yes, Nice meet you again Kevin. That was quite an array of cars there yesterday. Torrence posted up some nice pics.

BTW....what's a Polaroid? :hysterical:

Great meeting you too Torrence. Nice pics. Thanks for posting.

Now that I think of it...a Polaroid camera sitting on the front seat of one of those sixties cars would have been a better prop than those Hawaiian shirts or silver-maned ducktails that we saw....

Kevin (who remembers how to use a Polaroid)

• 3 weeks later...
Ha ha, yea, supposedly their anniversary shows are big. I've never been able to make one though. I'm gonna try this time, but it's 8am to 2pm, which is a bit early for me on a Saturday.

It's gonna be crazy in that area this weekend with the U.S. Open going on.

It's gonna be crazy in that area this weekend with the U.S. Open going on.

I've seen these guys advertise on TV. They never say where they are located, and I've never been motivated enough to look up their web site.

I wonder if that wouldn't be a good place to get an estimate on a custom rear seat delete set-up? That's a mod I'm determined to do....but I'd like something less spartan than the standard mail order kits, yet not as expensive as that beautiful but prohibitively expensive RaceSkins dealio.

Maybe after things quiet down over that way I'll pay 'em a visit.

Hey, I see it's only SGT's so far. You guys up for a GT-500 to join sometime?

Besides that Hicksville show, when is the next planned meeting?

I'm usually at Oakdale on Thursday and OBI on Sunday.

I've been meaning to get out to oakdale this summer on Thursday night. I used to go a lot last summer. My friend's dad has a cobra, and he lives in sayville, so he goes there all the time. He tipped me off about it last year. If I go, I'll look for you this Thursday. I'll be with the grumpy fat guy (my husband). :hysterical:

Archived