TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Long Island Meet and Greet?

tekheavy

Hopefully Cobrawertz and Kvin C can make it too, but I don't know too many other local GT owners. :headscratch:

Hey all,

Busy w/ a home and garage renovation. Looks like Thursdays in Oakdale will be up and running again this year. Sunday mornings at Captree has been rocking especially when it's 85 degrees. Where exactly are they meeting in Commack ? I have heard Kohls is out but a new location North of the LIE off Crooked Hill Rd is starting up on Saturdays; which store parking lot? Rick

post-8704-1240891772_thumb.jpg

post-8704-1240891772_thumb.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey all,

Busy w/ a home and garage renovation. Looks like Thursdays in Oakdale will be up and running again this year. Sunday mornings at Captree has been rocking especially when it's 85 degrees. Where exactly are they meeting in Commack ? I have heard Kohls is out but a new location North of the LIE off Crooked Hill Rd is starting up on Saturdays; which store parking lot? Rick

Friday and Saturday nights last year they were meeting at the new Walmart shopping center just north of Costco on Crooked Hill.

Hey all,

ok, dont answer my email rainbow boy!.....

your girl is looking good!

I'm late to the party as always........I keep forgetting to check this forum!

I'm up for a meet. I'm in Huntington, so the Commack area is fine by me.

Evan - Wicked...did the photos come out from the other day?

Kevin

I'm late to the party as always........I keep forgetting to check this forum!

I'm up for a meet. I'm in Huntington, so the Commack area is fine by me.

Evan - Wicked...did the photos come out from the other day?

Kevin

I only took a couple. Think Wicked has a few more.

post-20530-1241228474_thumb.jpgpost-20530-1241228490_thumb.jpgpost-20530-1241228498_thumb.jpg

I only took a couple. Think Wicked has a few more.

post-20530-1241228474_thumb.jpgpost-20530-1241228490_thumb.jpgpost-20530-1241228498_thumb.jpg

Your SGT does look like the cream in the Oreo!

Plenty of room in the lot for more Shelbys.

Thanks, Evan.

Kevin

Your SGT does look like the cream in the Oreo!

Plenty of room in the lot for more Shelbys.

Thanks, Evan.

Kevin

I agree. That would be a perfect place to have a meet n greet. Right off the expressway too.

• 2 weeks later...
Damn... I work next Friday, starting @ 7pm...... I'm good for this weekend or the weekend beginning Friday the 29th. I work every other weekend.

29th is good for me too. It's actually better, because I forgot that the 22nd is the kickoff to Memorial Day Weekend. Gotta get the Fire island house together.

29th is good for me too. It's actually better, because I forgot that the 22nd is the kickoff to Memorial Day Weekend. Gotta get the Fire island house together.

Either day is fine for me right now, too. I do have a race (5K, not 1/4 mile!) on the 23rd so I have to be in my jammies by 9 PM on the 22nd.

Here's an additional idea. I'll try and get more info...or in fact someone here may already know...but I think there will be auto cross racing at the Nassau Coliseum parking lot on Sunday, 31 May, in the morning. I'm kinda curious about this and was thinking of going just to see what it's all about. Whaddya think?

I have hence become available for this weekend (not Friday) and all of next weekend, let's get together people.

Soooooooooo...I reckon' we're shooting for the 29th?

There is SOLO/AutoCross/pylon racing on Sunday morning, 31 May, at the Nassau Coliseum parking lot. If we meet up Friday night and anyone wants to go there on Sunday, we can discuss. I'll buy the coffee.

kc

Sweet, nights are much better for me, so the 29th is definitely on. There's a decent car show at the Massapequa train station on Friday nights. We could meet up there. Plenty of parking, there's always a band playing (it's sponsored by the town every Friday night).

Bellmore is a bit rowdy lately, and there's no spots. I also know of someone that had their "powered by ford" badges stolen off of their GT there. So I'm a lot more reluctant to go there now unless I go in a crappy car.

Just got back from the Crooked Hill car meet in the Walmart parking lot. A lot of nice cars there. Nice big parking lot too. How bout we plan on a meet-up there for next Saturday depending on weather. I got there are 5:00 and the cars were just starting to roll in. Who's in?

I actually wound up at Bellmore last night. Only 3 Shelbys, and 1 GT/SC, 07', black. Didn't get to meet the owner, as he was walkin' around checking everyone else out.

Can't do tonight. Catching a ferry.

Hey StratGril that was probably me, I had my Holeshot drag rims on... just back from Atco track rental with LI Stangs, ran a 11.35 at 125.7mph. I'm there just about every Friday with a group of stangs in the west end of parking lot ...next time stop by. Louie

Hey StratGril that was probably me, I had my Holeshot drag rims on... just back from Atco track rental with LI Stangs, ran a 11.35 at 125.7mph. I'm there just about every Friday with a group of stangs in the west end of parking lot ...next time stop by. Louie

Louie, any chance of you coming by Saturday night?

Just got back from the Crooked Hill car meet in the Walmart parking lot. A lot of nice cars there. Nice big parking lot too. How bout we plan on a meet-up there for next Saturday depending on weather. I got there are 5:00 and the cars were just starting to roll in. Who's in?

I'll be in touch later in the week, Evan, but it looks good for me right now.

Kevin

Archived