TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats the best value CAI

diamondback

Just finished painting the rear axle and driveshaft(POR-15) and installing Corsa's.

Can someone tell me the best value CAI to go with?

Also does putting on a CAI(cold air intake) make a difference in any of the cars music I.E. exhaust, supercharger, engine noise? (louder, different tone)?

Just finished painting the rear axle and driveshaft(POR-15) and installing Corsa's.

The rule is you have to post pix...

I chose the Steeda CAI. Lots of opinions on which one makes the most power. This is what it came done to for me. I like the CF on the JLT and the Blue filter on the Steeda. I like that the Steeda fit without shims under the tower brace and the cost was better for me.

th_IMG_2060.jpg

Also does putting on a CAI(cold air intake) make a difference in any of the cars music I.E. exhaust, supercharger, engine noise? (louder, different tone)?

:happy feet: louder WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE from the super charger :hysterical:

I really like JLT's CAI. With just the JLT and a tune, I was getting 507 rwhp. Plus it really makes the supercharger whine. They're available in black, blue or red

P5080001.jpg

P5080004.jpg

rpretzel and super snake are correct, the cold air intake will really make your supercharger ALOT louder and you can hear that sweet whine from a distance.

I think all cold air intakes will do that with this car, but make sure you have a tune with it.

I also like the JLT intake. I have a polished TVS Supercharger under my hood, but at all the cruise-ins I go to, all the people immediately start commenting on the carbon fiber cold air intake and covers way before they do the polished supercharger.

Another reason for JLT, is that if you decide to go with a TVS later, you can keep your JLT to go with the TVS as I have done with a tune from Evolution.

PolishedTVS003.jpg

PolishedTVS005.jpg

Power wise you can go with pretty much any of the top brands, with a proper tune they will make close to the same power. For looks, hard to beat JLT, but like someone said, you have to shim the driverside end of the strut brace IOT allow the CAI not to rub it, The shims come with the JLT....

If you like the intake on the GT500KR, then go with Ford CAI with tune. There is more SC whine and 40 to 60 more HP. I like the stock look of this intake plus no mods are needed and it fits perfect . Also intake tune was developed by the same Ford engineers that worked on your GT500 engine.

5.0 Mustang and Superfords magazine put a GT500KR on the dyno and got 590 HP @ the fly wheel.

I went with the JLT as it lookss really nice in blue on a blue car. Thumped out 519 rwhp and 499Tq with just a stage 1 and Corsas on.

Wow that sounds excellent! Does doing a CAI and or a Tune Void your warranty?

I heard that the tuners can upload the factory tune first before flashing the new tune so you can flash back the factory tune before service but I would assume that there is some other part of the ECU that keeps track of engine stats that a ford serviceman can read to tell if there was anything fishy going on or maybe the date of the last flash done to the ECU.

Wow that sounds excellent! Does doing a CAI and or a Tune Void your warranty?

I heard that the tuners can upload the factory tune first before flashing the new tune so you can flash back the factory tune before service but I would assume that there is some other part of the ECU that keeps track of engine stats that a ford serviceman can read to tell if there was anything fishy going on or maybe the date of the last flash done to the ECU.

Nope, no way for the dealer to tell, even if you didn't flash back to stock, they would have to send the pcm into engineers at ford for them to be able to tell its not stock.

Nope, no way for the dealer to tell, even if you didn't flash back to stock, they would have to send the pcm into engineers at ford for them to be able to tell its not stock.

well i would image they would send the ECU module into ford if ford requested it to validate HIGH $$$ (drivetrain)warranty work for this car. What do you think are the chances?

well i would image they would send the ECU module into ford if ford requested it to validate HIGH $$$ (drivetrain)warranty work for this car. What do you think are the chances?

A lot of stuff is just going in and out, high volume dealers get away with a lot of warranty work with no questions asked. Even if they sent the PCM into ford, they would only be able to tell if you left your tune on the pcm, rather than flashing back to stock with your handheld before taking it in.

Once you go back to stock, there is no way for them to tell, no reflash counter, no date stamps.

Archived