TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Dyno results.

JimC

Has anyone had their SS Dyno test?

If so, do you have a 600 or 700 package and what were your results?

Well I just picked mine up from Quantum today. With the stock tune that came with the 605 they said I was looking at about 495 to the wheels mostly because it was 98 with 40% humidity. After they were done tuning it I got 545. I am pretty happy with that especially with the humidity and heat. This car is bad ass and there is power on top of power.

Vista

Well I just picked mine up from Quantum today. With the stock tune that came with the 605 they said I was looking at about 495 to the wheels mostly because it was 98 with 40% humidity. After they were done tuning it I got 545. I am pretty happy with that especially with the humidity and heat. This car is bad ass and there is power on top of power.

Vista

I would think it would have been more considering with CAI Pulley and Tune you can beat those numbers.

I would think it would have been more considering with CAI Pulley and Tune you can beat those numbers.

Um, 545 at the rear wheels translates to more than 605. And yes, you can do CAI/pully/tune, BUT it is not a Super Snake.

And don't forget, you could pull alot more out of the Super Snake with a CAI/pulley/tune!

But I have to tell you, like Vista said- the thing has got power on power already!

Chris

Vista

Congrats on your beast....enjoy and stay safe.....

I had a dyno on mine yesterday, I drove it first so the test was conducted when the car was kinda hot , the time of the day was 4pm still nice and hot out.

I got 525.36 rwhp. Which "IF" I had run it cold before the water in the inter cooler and engine got hot I could have gotten around 545 maybe 550rwhp. But that would not be a real run time rwhp it would be peak rwhp.

When compaired to a stock GT500 power peaks much faster, then tailers off because the charger is not working as hard as the stock charger would.

There is a nice increase in torque over the stock GT500 consistantly higher from start to finish, but again, due to the gear change it peaks at 125 where as the stock peaks at 145mph.

Not to bad for sure, but it brings me back to the heatsoak problem. In order to maintain a consistant rwhp of lets say 540 to 550 for an extended period of time we need to add a larger inter cooler and tank resivoir.

Chris, do you think 540 to 550rwhp can be maintained with a larger cooler and resivoir? I am thinking that, with a one piece D/S and safety hoops would complete the package.

Just for the sake of it while I was getting my car dyno tested I met the other GT500 owner who has 780rwhp and let me say that car is a blast it gets up and gets it.

Still, all said and done I am glad I waited for my SS. I said it once and will say it again it's a well rounded package.

I believe John (JAS427) pulled 637 RWHP with his White 725SS. I think he mentioned this in his "Sebring Super Snake" thread.

R

A friend has a 1/4mile timer, so we found a fairly even country back road and put her to the test.

Unlike the Dyno testing that was conducted after running the car all day with 100 degree temp during the test. This test was preformed in the evening on a cool day for this area.

the car was warmed up then tested no excessive or hard and heavy fast driving prior to the test.

My friend operated he tester from the passengers seat so I had an extra 200 plus lbs, I figure, save 1 tenth off per 100 lbs for a total of 2 tenths off the posted time. Oh yes I forgot to turn off the traction control. The test was run with T/C on.

Zero to 60 time 4.5 I need to work on my launches.

1/4 mile 12.8

Not to bad considering I have Zero practices time with her since I got her back from SAI.

I am thinking minus the extra weight the 1/4 mile might have been 12.6

I and the zero to 60 4.3

Both could be better with practices no doubt and a few tweaks to the car like tire pressure, T/C setting etc.

What do you think am I on the right track here?

I have the 725HP SS heres my video on the dyno enjoy I did.

Archived