TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nobody's heard this before, right?

07 GT500

Have I heard this here before? First, my car had a delivery date of somewhere between the 19th and 26th of September. Then that got changed to the 27th. Now it's been moved back to October 4th. Imagine that.........

How many have been down this road? :shrug::shrug:

Just talked to Ralph today, and mine is getting strips.Tts due date was 09 14 to 09 21 and now Ralph says about first week in october.......he said its worth waiting for ,,,,good guy......so no surprise dates are being pushed back some,,,,,,,,

Just talked to Ralf today, and mine is getting strips.Tts due date was 09 14 to 09 21 and now Ralf says about first week in october.......he said its worth waiting for ,,,,good guy......so no surprise dates are being pushed back some,,,,,,,,

Mine's been striped, and is done, but being held somewhere, for some reason. I plan finding out what I can from Ralph Arning tomorrow.

Have I heard this here before? First, my car had a delivery date of somewhere between the 19th and 26th of September. Then that got changed to the 27th. Now it's been moved back to October 4th. Imagine that.........

All of us, so some extent! Mine original date was July 12th...they didn't get it striped prior to the July 4th (2 week) hiatus so it sat on a lot for 14 days. My "to dealer" date changed four times. My car was built June 27th, delivered August 5th. Strap in, it's a hell of a ride.

:shift:

bj

Well....check it out....I've become an "enthusiast"! I'll be darned.

Your delivery date may change AFTER your car is built too. I'm sure you are all tired of hearing me complain, but mine was built on August 4th and scheduled to be delivered on August 17th. I talked to Ralph Arning the day after Labor Day, and he told me that the car had already been through the clutch inspection and had been sent to the shipping yard. That suggests to me that it was sent to the shipping yard no later than the end of the week before Labor Day - almost 3 weeks ago. My dealer is about 3 hours from the plant, and my Shelby still isn't here. I hope you guys all get your cars faster than this, because the wait is killing me. :wacko:

All of us, so some extent! Mine original date was July 12th...they didn't get it striped prior to the July 4th (2 week) hiatus so it sat on a lot for 14 days. My "to dealer" date changed four times. My car was built June 27th, delivered August 5th. Strap in, it's a hell of a ride.

bj

Well....check it out....I've become an "enthusiast"! I'll be darned.

Unfortunately, if you're looking for some 'pattern' as I would be, there isn't one. 'Your results may vary' as they say. My car was built the same day as BJ's, and sat at the striping facility just like BJ's. Mine was delivered to VA on 21 July, two weeks ahead of BJ. Doesn't sound like much difference, I'm sure. But ask BJ how much fun it was to wait 1,209,600 extra seconds for his car. Go on, ask him. Our ordeals are over. But I feel for the folks still 'in process', no matter where they are. Faith.

I can't wait to see what Ralph can tell me today. My car is built, striped, ready to go,,,,,,or so I've been told. I don't know why it's being held now. Maybe they're waiting til they get a boat load, railcar load, or something.

I'll be in San Diego the first week in October, so maybe it'll show up here while I'm gone. That would suck, but not nearly as bad as having it show up just in time for Thanksgiving, or Christmas.

Update:

Ralph Arning said that the car has been released to the shipping department, as of Sept. 18th., and should take about 14 days. The car's ETA is still October 4th. Time will tell, correct?

Hey guys, mine is on order and has been since well this winter or so. I'm #2 order at my dealer. The number 1 car has come in already. My guy doesn't have a clue when it's gonna be built. How can I lol show him the way or find out for myself when I get my baby? Any clues as to how to sqeeze info out of these guys would be great. :sos:

I can't wait to see what Ralph can tell me today. My car is built, striped, ready to go,,,,,,or so I've been told. I don't know why it's being held now. Maybe they're waiting til they get a boat load, railcar load, or something.

I'll be in San Diego the first week in October, so maybe it'll show up here while I'm gone. That would suck, but not nearly as bad as having it show up just in time for Thanksgiving, or Christmas.

Update:

Ralph Arning said that the car has been released to the shipping department, as of Sept. 18th., and should take about 14 days. The car's ETA is still October 4th. Time will tell, correct?

Congrats on car to shipping. My GO convert was built mid august with delivery date of late august. Here it is late september and car is still not released from plant. When I called the number for plant was told no personal calls to Ralph! The dealer made call yesterday to plant and said although there are some cars being released a big number are being held back. They would not tell him reason why. just "what answer do you want to hear" they have been saying car will be released in a few days since mid august. The delivery date has past many a time already. Think when car shows up I will tell them tomorrow for pickup for a few months to see how they like it.

Unfortunately, if you're looking for some 'pattern' as I would be, there isn't one. 'Your results may vary' as they say. My car was built the same day as BJ's, and sat at the striping facility just like BJ's. Mine was delivered to VA on 21 July, two weeks ahead of BJ. Doesn't sound like much difference, I'm sure. But ask BJ how much fun it was to wait 1,209,600 extra seconds for his car. Go on, ask him. Our ordeals are over. But I feel for the folks still 'in process', no matter where they are. Faith.

It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun. Iaged about 3 years!!!

bj

Archived