TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Louisiana GT500 owners

drswiger

i live in Jena, La. where do you guys do your dyno work at. I talked with stang-hi but i have not saw to much of their work in action or heard any reviews about them. Also we need to have a gtg like the lightning guys do.

They've done a good bit of work for a number of local Mustang club members here in Baton Rouge. Everyone has been very happy with the quality of their work.

We tried a Mach get-together at the Hooters on Siegen Lane, but it flopped. A number of the SVT guys from N.O. like to get together there, and then often go out to run at NPR.

They've done a good bit of work for a number of local Mustang club members here in Baton Rouge. Everyone has been very happy with the quality of their work.

We tried a Mach get-together at the Hooters on Siegen Lane, but it flopped. A number of the SVT guys from N.O. like to get together there, and then often go out to run at NPR.

Hi there from Erath have a 08 vista blue. I like to attend cars shows or crusies. Not in no club they are mostly about racing and the most modds just like to cruise and enjoy this awesome machine. Be nice get together. I attend Mid America it was awesome love to talk about cars etc.

If any of you LA guys are interested in trying to pick a Saturday and all meet maybayin Baton Rouge or other central location PM me. If we can get several of us, would be a good photo op.

I would be down with that. This rain every day right now though is the pits. I've been trying to get the car in to get the windows tinted but the weather has been crappy. I don't like to drive it in the rain..... :baby:

Maybe we could meet up at Stang-Hi Performance http://www.stanghi.com/ . I havent been by there yet but was planning in going by when the weather improves. Once I get the mods done I thought about using them to dial in a tune. LSU would be a good place for photos...... or Hooters! :beerchug:

I would be down with that. This rain every day right now though is the pits. I've been trying to get the car in to get the windows tinted but the weather has been crappy. I don't like to drive it in the rain..... :baby:

Maybe we could meet up at Stang-Hi Performance http://www.stanghi.com/ . I havent been by there yet but was planning in going by when the weather improves. Once I get the mods done I thought about using them to dial in a tune. LSU would be a good place for photos...... or Hooters! :beerchug:

That sounds good. A gathering outside of Death Valley would be great. Trying to get some other LA guys to respond. Johnny

That sounds good. A gathering outside of Death Valley would be great. Trying to get some other LA guys to respond. Johnny

Sounds good to me, we just need to plan a couple of weeks ahead of time. I work 7 days on and 7 days off in the oilfield so i have every other weekend off. i will be off this weekend if anyone is interested and the weather permits. wouldn't mind going to stang-hi for a dyno pull. Just let me know.

Ok, weather permitting, anyone interested in meeting outside Death valley at North parking lot , say 12 noon send me an email. Saturday 8/23/08 would be fine. Wood be a good photo op. Can catch lunch and check out StangHi. never been but I would be happy to contact them to expect us and maybe a dyno pull. If the following saturday is better, 8/30/08, then that works for me. We need at least 4-5 guys.

Dr. Swiger (drswiger@hotmail.com)

Kind of short notice. Already made plans to go out in the boat but if we get a few people together I guess I could change plans. :rolleyes:

I thought I saw a while back on Stang Hi's website it looked like they have had some get together before. Maybe another event or some kind of "dino day" would be an opportunity for them to show of their facility and get some recognition on the forum.

A friend who uses the shop said they are a Ford Racing dealer and are authorized to do warranty covered installations. Not sure if its true or not. Either way I like turning my own wrenches but it would be good to know.

Again, the 30th would be ok. If I can get 4-5 of you to contact me, I will notify Stanghi and see if we can get them to get a little involved.

Don't want to just show up with 1-2 of us.

Dr. Swiger drswiger@hotmail.com

Hi guy I am off next weekend if weather permiting i would attend for photo. Off every other week end.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Should have checked with you guys but I went to "Cruisin the Coast" in Biloxi last weekend. Saw a few GT500's there. Just got it back together late Thursday night after being down for three weeks. Left Friday morning for the coast. FRPP shorty headers, FRPP CAI, FRPP short throw shifter, and "KR" exhaust installed. She sounds awesome and the xtra ponies are nice too.....

Going to New Orleans Saturday to get the windows tinted at my brother-in-laws shop.

Should have checked with you guys but I went to "Cruisin the Coast" in Biloxi last weekend. Saw a few GT500's there. Just got it back together late Thursday night after being down for three weeks. Left Friday morning for the coast. FRPP shorty headers, FRPP CAI, FRPP short throw shifter, and "KR" exhaust installed. She sounds awesome and the xtra ponies are nice too.....

Going to New Orleans Saturday to get the windows tinted at my brother-in-laws shop.

Just got my coupe back after having the left rear spin off at 95mph.

I have been having what I have always thought was abnormal-the TSBs about the gear grinding/warped flywheel, and the howling rear end so will be bringing it back to the dealer with the TSBs in hand and prepare to bitch and moan. Hope they just acknowledge the problem and fix it.

I will let you know, probably next week.

Anybody want to share their dealership experience on this, I would like to hear.

BTB, I installed SLP Power Flos, several months back and have never been in love with the sound. Seem to me to have alot of drone at low RPM. I ordered a set of the KR's from FRPP Monday after reading all the posts, so I am looking forward to hearing how they sound.

Here in Chalmette with an 08 Grabber Coupe. Northshore mustang club member....

Hate to sound stupid but I am in the market for some exhaust. The Borla through Ford has some popping sounds that I am not excited about. Others that I have heard are too loud. Your first pair is what I am trying to avoid (drone sounds).

I want some throaty sound but I want to cruise with the radio going too. Let me know how the KRs sound to you. Are those sold through the Ford dealerships and if so what do I ask for and how much were they.

About to order springs too. There are two sets out there. One says pro set and the other is a sports set. What do I choose for a nice road feel with a bit lower stance without dragging the curbs. I hate how the car pushes through the curves while I am on the throttle. Any info is great!

Archived