TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

It's hard to admit we are getting more mature, but the first step is to admit it.

Oh crap, why should women have all the fun. Plastic surgery is a very viable option. I need to check my health insurance. Now if I can just remember where I put that card. Honey, have you seen my purse, ahhh, your purse? :hysterical2:

Oral me, my foot.

No. I was thinking about a different area for you to oral me.

But - feet might come later? :wub:

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very cool, Rob. You'll enjoy Dave. He's a hot rod! What a talented craftsman. You and he have a lot in common. As you'll learn.

And - he's well qualified to discuss the many - many - mods he's done to his Hot Rod Shelby! (read his sig)

Also - he's a very devout family man. He and Shelbygirl and the Bad Kids are a movie in the making!

I'm hoping I can connect with them next month.

Try to get a few pics for us. Remember - you're going through a very difficult family issue - remember to take care of yourself, too. Your family depends on you!

Ruf

Ok probably gonna leave myself wide open for this one, but "movie in the making" Cant imagine what kind of movie ...possibly a horror movie, maybe a suspense movie??? :hysterical::hysterical2:

On a different note, I am glad they are able to hook up, although wish I was there to meet Rob as well! Thats now 2 people Dave has met without me... :cry: Ill get over it for now I guess!!!

110? What's up with what we hear about your "dry heat?" If your temp is 110, what's the heat index? That sounds brutal.

Dry heat is something someone in the Chamber of Commerce invented to bullsh-t us.

The heat index is too friggin hot. Wait until it gets hotter, record is 123, yikes.

All I want to do is hide in the air conditioning. Fortunately the garage is air conditioned too.

People die here if they don't stay hydrated, a term we use to say drink a lot of water.

Come on Fall :banana piano:

BTW, remember the rabbit in Alloy Daves avatar, he wasn't hydrated. :hysterical:

Marilyn - Christine has started to learn about some devices that allow people with MS to be out in the heat longer than before. (neck packs with ice or something!)

We're going to do all we can to be down in Myrtle Beach to meet up with you and Dave and the Kids! (I haven't forgotten my promise to babysit!)

Stay tuned! You hear?

Dry heat is something someone in the Chamber of Commerce invented to bullsh-t us.

The heat index is too friggin hot. Wait until it gets hotter, record is 123, yikes.

All I want to do is hide in the air conditioning. Fortunately the garage is air conditioned too.

People die here if they don't stay hydrated, a term we use to say drink a lot of water.

Come on Fall :banana piano:

BTW, remember the rabbit in Alloy Daves avatar, he wasn't hydrated. :hysterical:

I'd move. North Carolina is much more moderate. The warmest we get is mid-90's.

Shoot - 115 is too hot to Zaino.

Marilyn - Christine has started to learn about some devices that allow people with MS to be out in the heat longer than before. (neck packs with ice or something!)

We're going to do all we can to be down in Myrtle Beach to meet up with you and Dave and the Kids! (I haven't forgotten my promise to babysit!)

Stay tuned! You hear?

Thats great about Christine!!! Meeting up with you two would be awesome, but more importantly is Christines health!!! There will be other times where I will get the chance to meet you as well as other great people on this forum! Seriously, I am glad to hear that Chrstine is doing better, and once again her health is way to important to chance if she cant make the trip......Like I said there will be other opportunities.......Lets jsut take one day at a time!!!

110? What's up with what we hear about your "dry heat?" If your temp is 110, what's the heat index? That sounds brutal.

Heat index, smeat index. We spent 7 years in the Mojave Desert (Lancaster, CA). Anything above 100° is frickin hot. At least we had the 30 kt wind to keep any sweat from forming anywhere on us. I'll take 95° & 100% humidity over 100°+ in the desert.

:hysterical2:

Since I moved south, I've heard people down "here" say, "we have a different sort of heat."

B.S.

I spent 20 years in NYC traffic in the summer.

Hot is hot. End of story!

Shelbygrl - hang in there. You'll love Christine! She loves kids and she loves to talk!

:hysterical2:

Since I moved south, I've heard people down "here" say, "we have a different sort of heat."

B.S.

I spent 20 years in NYC traffic in the summer.

Hot is hot. End of story!

Shelbygrl - hang in there. You'll love Christine! She loves kids and she loves to talk!

Cool!! :happy feet: :headspin:

Very cool, Rob. You'll enjoy Dave. He's a hot rod! What a talented craftsman. You and he have a lot in common. As you'll learn.

And - he's well qualified to discuss the many - many - mods he's done to his Hot Rod Shelby! (read his sig)

Also - he's a very devout family man. He and Shelbygirl and the Bad Kids are a movie in the making!

I'm hoping I can connect with them next month.

Try to get a few pics for us. Remember - you're going through a very difficult family issue - remember to take care of yourself, too. Your family depends on you!

Ruf

I can tell by talking to him on the phone that he is a great guy. We both will have our cameras tomorrow. He's renting a Mustang to drive down from his job up North from me. He said he did not want to be caught in a mini van. :hysterical:

It's only 6:40 here and my Tana is napping in bed. She has been go..go..go non stop with all the trips to the hospital and other stuff. She is wore out. Her sister from Seattle is comming down tomorrow to spend the afternoon with her and go to the hospital to see their mom together.

Heat index, smeat index. We spent 7 years in the Mojave Desert (Lancaster, CA). Anything above 100° is frickin hot. At least we had the 30 kt wind to keep any sweat from forming anywhere on us. I'll take 95° & 100% humidity over 100°+ in the desert.

Just for fun I checked the weather, temperature 110, with the heat index "feels like 110", that took a real genius to figure that out.

We just have to endure the summer, the rest of the year is great. No snow or ice to deal with, or tsunami's or volcanos or earthquakes or hurricanes or tornados, or Jane Fonda.

Yep, 3 lousy months out of year.

I can tell by talking to him on the phone that he is a great guy. We both will have our cameras tomorrow. He's renting a Mustang to drive down from his job up North from me. He said he did not want to be caught in a mini van. :hysterical:

It's only 6:40 here and my Tana is napping in bed. She has been go..go..go not stop with all the trips to the hospital and other stuff. She is wore out. Her sister from Seattle is comming down tomorrow to spend the afternoon with her and go to the hospital to see their mom together.

Rob,

Please know that my thoughts are with Tana's mom. Dave is renting that Mustang as we "speak" He told me that if he showed up in a Minivan, he would never hear the end of it from this forum!!! I think hes right...I am glad you are able to meet up . Dave is loking forward to it and please remind him to take pics!!! Once again, please tell Tana that we are thinking of her and to also take care of herself!!! (I wont lecture)

Have a great day tomorrow!!! I know Badboy is looking forward to it....

Just for fun I checked the weather, temperature 110, with the heat index "feels like 110", that took a real genius to figure that out.

We just have to endure the summer, the rest of the year is great. No snow or ice to deal with, or tsunami's or volcanos or earthquakes or hurricanes or tornados, or Jane Fonda.

Yep, 3 lousy months out of year.

We left it all in '99 & transferred to MD. It is sooooo much better out here than on the left coast.

Grabber: My family's prayers are with you & Tana.

Wow! 100 and 4-6% humidity at our daughter's in NV feels tolerable compared to 90 and 90% humidity in NY.

And you don't drip on the Zaino out there -- you just shrivel-up and blow away across the desert if you don't drink enough water :hysterical:

Then again, 100 is a nice spring day in LV/Phoenix. 115 sux no matter how low the humidity.

You don't see many black cars out there :hysterical2:

Rob,

Please know that my thoughts are with Tana's mom. Dave is renting that Mustang as we "speak" He told me that if he showed up in a Minivan, he would never hear the end of it from this forum!!! I think hes right...I am glad you are able to meet up . Dave is loking forward to it and please remind him to take pics!!! Once again, please tell Tana that we are thinking of her and to also take care of herself!!! (I wont lecture)

Have a great day tomorrow!!! I know Badboy is looking forward to it....

I have been up at the Hospital the last 3 days in a row checking on Tana's mom inbetween Tana's hospital time and tomorrow will be a bit of a break just for a while from that. Since Tana's sister will be here tomorrow...I feel she will be in good hands with Sis.

I have been checking the weather every day this week. They have been forcasting rain but now the rain is out of the forcast for tomorrow. It will hold off till Sunday. Even if it does rain...Dave and I are getting together tomorrow. We have a lunch date as a back up plan.

I told Tana about you all being concerned about her and her Mom. Thank you all.

It's only 6:40 here and my Tana is napping in bed. She has been go..go..go non stop with all the trips to the hospital and other stuff. She is wore out. Her sister from Seattle is comming down tomorrow to spend the afternoon with her and go to the hospital to see their mom together.

Tana... Hospital... Did I miss something

Tana... Hospital... Did I miss something

Tana's mom has heart disease and has been in the ER since I took her there on Wed. She is in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) still. She had open heart surgery 10 years ago. She has congestive Heart disease for many years. She is very weak because her heart is pumping 133 and it should be under 100. Her heart is working at 5-10 percent of it's capacity. She needs a miricle. :angel:

Tana's mom has heart disease and has been in the ER since I took her there on Wed. She is in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) still. She had open heart surgery 10 years ago. She has congestive Heart disease for many years. She is very weak because her heart is pumping 133 and it should be under 100. Her heart is working at 5-10 percent of it's capacity. She needs a miricle. :angel:

I know what you're saying (my mom had same thing ...will be 10 years this Dec) ...peace and strength to you and your family.

Just got back from the car show.

SB and his buddy with a yellow C6 came along, as well as a guy from our Z club with his 280Z Turbo. We all snagged Top 25 trophies!

SB will post some pics later today or tomorrow.

Good time. Decent turnout.

Christine brought Subway's for lunch.

Everybody stiffed me on them. :rant:

Just got back from the car show.

SB and his buddy with a yellow C6 came along, as well as a guy from our Z club with his 280Z Turbo. We all snagged Top 25 trophies!

SB will post some pics later today or tomorrow.

Good time. Decent turnout.

Christine brought Subway's for lunch.

Everybody stiffed me on them. :rant:

Those GM types are real tightwads. :rant:

Sounds like you had a good time. :happy feet:

I am laying low till it cools off this evening :drop:

I heard that.

No way I'd be out in a grassy field most of the day with temps like you've got.

It was probably upper 80's today - with a slight breeze. Not unbearable.

We probably won't go to any more shows until Sept.

We'll start doing some Sunday cruises for lunch.

That's probably more fun than shows anyhow! :happy feet:

Yeah, Yeah.

Guys - PonyKiller is Chris. He's an ARMY guy - 20 years coming up soon.

He's had about 5 Mustangs over the years, starting with, I think, a 1986.

Recently, he had some sort of head trauma and bought...a...Vette.

I know, I know. It's sad. But cut him some slack. Everyone has moments of poor judgement.

Anyway - his yellow C6 is slick.

And he's cool.

Please treat him like one of us - as I know you will.

Welcome PK. Around here, you're family.

post-4913-1182635423_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1182635423_thumb.jpg

Archived