TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

You can call me anytime buddy.

PM if you want my digits (see, I know "the lingo" of the youngsters!). :hysterical2:

I wish my travels brought me to NC... I'd make sure to make a trip there soon. But, it doesn't. Mostly midwest (MN, ND, SD, WI, IL, MO, IA, NE, AR, with a bit of KS and Cleveland at times).

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know. I wasn't serious about the Glock.

And I don't want to put a downer out here.

But - it's been 15 months or so. She isn't improving. She's getting worse.

Her spirit is losing the battle.

It's hard to describe how it feels to see her in so much discomfort day after day after day. If she had a broken leg, we'd see improvement with time. Not so with this.

I'm not complaining about having to do extra work. It's just emotionally exhausting seeing her suffer.

That's all! Thanks for letting me vent.

I've got a sister in MN who might provide an ear for me, so I wouldn't feel like I need to do this here. But - she doesn't.

So - I rely on my Mustang bros.

Ruf

Snoop - can y'all make it next Sunday in Elizabeth City?

Hang in there, Bryan...

fwiw, there are some resources at the national MS society website -- Doctor Weiner's immunotherapy work might be of interest... perhaps there is work being done on MS outside of your area that may be useful -- dunno. Hoping for the best for you and Christine ..God bless...

And they pay me to do this! I love my job. I have always hiked in to the Needles and mainly hiked into Chesler Park but this was the first time I have 4x4'd into that area. Those Rubicons are pretty neat; they push button lock either the front or rear axle or both on the fly and they have a push button sway bar disconnect for those extreme wheel movements.

We hiked up to the Portal Overlook and some jeeps went up by us and over some areas that I can't see how they did it. I did notice, however, that something was dripping from a vehicle on the rock past the tough spot.

I just read Desert Solitude by Edward Abbey and I can recommend it. I think my family visited Arches while he was a seasonal park ranger there. Not sure he would want all this hero worship stuff I read on the net about him.

I'm ready to go back already.

Thanks, Joe & Dan! I'll check out the link, Dan. Whatever it takes, hear?

I'll be okay. I just don't have much of a support group (family) other than y'all.

Christine drove the Rufstang to dinner last night! She loves to drive it.

Ruf,

I will continue to pray for you guys. Today in Church I thought about you guys and asked the Lord to help you two. You 2 have been on my mind alot lately. Hang in there buddy. :)

I'm headed downtown for my last "class." Gee, they've been fun. :finger:

I'll miss my classmates, too! :hysterical2:

Be back in the garage 'round 8.

Hope y'all had a good Monday.

Let's raise one for Martin Truex. :beerchug: :banvictory:

Matt made up a few points today and Chebby (especially Hendricks) didn't dominate the way they usually do. Maybe we should have all the races on Monday :hysterical2:

Have fun on the last class day. Do they have to take a final or write something? Does that mean you will be grading papers over the next several days?

Amy - Thanks. And I think you're right. I've got a mother-in-law 10 mins away. Zero support. Same goes for brother-in-law (chasing cheap women - which normally isn't a bad thing...).

My friends on this thread do far more for Christine and I than they'll ever know.

Today was another sofa day - mostly.

But, she's continuing to try and get an MS support group up and running here in town. That's doing wonders for her state of mind.

Just got home from "class." What a great ending class. New guy was there. He was on heroin for 18 years - just got out from serving 2 years for kicking a cop in the head - on his last arrest, they had to Taser him twice. What a guy. He's had 4 DWI's. The guy in charge of the classes asked me for my closing comments. I told him he needed to have a wet bar installed. True.

Another young gang-banger type asked me if the black Mustang in the parking lot was mine. I told him it was. He leaned over and got real serious. He said, "I'm in love with that car, man. Don't you let anything happen to it." I told him I wouldn't.....

Matt made up a few points today and Chebby (especially Hendricks) didn't dominate the way they usually do. Maybe we should have all the races on Monday :hysterical2:

Have fun on the last class day. Do they have to take a final or write something? Does that mean you will be grading papers over the next several days?

:hysterical2: I thought you knew what sort of "classes" I've been Attending....I'll send ya a PM! :hysterical2:

PM sent.

The classes I teach end at the end of the month! Yes, they'll write papers. Yes, I'll get medicated and try to read them!

Pant, pant. Just finished a wash job and another coat of Zaino on the Rufstang!

Christine says it looks like a black mirror!

Small car show on Sunday in Elizabeth City!

Gotta dazzle 'em.

Well, good evening ladies and gentlemen (and I use those terms loosely <lol>) -- I just dropped in to say that post #2938 is totally poinless besides wishing you all a wonderful evening ;-)

(post #2938 is brought to you by the Presently Mustangless Enthusiasts Club of Upstate New York, %&%&*& &$&^% :censored:!!! <lol>)

I really like it in here. You have outdone yourself remodeling. Like the new floor and the lighting and even the big screen TV.

I do have a couple suggestions though when you have guests such as me.

Actually have something in the soda machine. Actually have some chips left in the chip bag. Actually have a DVD for the DVD player, actually have the power turned on, and lastly actually put the guard dog back in the kennel instead of saying you did. That dog has no sense of humor.

Other than that, nice place.

Archived