TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

The Big Brown Truck just came.

The cams and the rest will be in tomorrow! :happy feet:

Dan - I'll let you know if it sounds noticeable. If so - you can give me a call and hear it! :rockon:

Boogity - boogity - boogity! :shift:

How am I gonna sleep tonight? :doh:

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan - I'll let you know if it sounds noticeable. If so - you can give me a call and hear it! :rockon:

put her on a dyno once the cams are in and let us know how you make out!!!! :woohoo:

You can sleep? :shrug:

Bummer. My crew chief had to order a Snap-On tool to complete the cam/valve spring install.

I won't be driving it until at least Monday. :finger:

Meantime - the Ford/Toyota store was nice enough to provide me with a Corolla loaner. :fan:

Ruf is not happy. He will get over it. :baby:

I sure hope that when the crew cheif George finishes puttin that cam package in, that he hands Ruf the keys and says "You've just been Ruffed". Afterall the new TV show that Ruf will be hosting is called "Ruff your Ride". :hysterical:

I wonder who's rig he's gonna have to hyjack next to Pimp it out. :headscratch: Edit: Ruf it out.

I sure hope that when the crew cheif George finishes puttin that cam package in, that he hands Ruf the keys and says "You've just been Ruffed". Afterall the new TV show that Ruf will be hosting is called "Ruff your Ride". :hysterical:

I wonder who's rig he's gonna have to hyjack next to Pimp it out. :headscratch: Edit: Ruf it out.

and at the beginning of the show you could play Ruffles and Florishes

...and your design sketches are Ruf Drafts, of course :rockon:

Good Luck, Bryan.

I figure 375-385 at the crank ...330 or so at the wheels???

Btw, FRP told me at SEMA they're working to get their twin-screw pack certed for 3/36 warranty like Roush, but I'm sort of glad you went NA. I'm an NA biggot and can't wait to hear how she sounds ;)

:shift:

Hey Ruf-I was surfing the net and came across an entry in this forum saying"Here's my car coming off the truck".I clicked on and there was your car and also my vista blue GT right below yours on the same truck!Shawn Stewart was my salesman.I ordered on 07-25-06 and it was delivered on 09-19-06.The fact mine was an automatic was probably the reason it came in sooner than yours.One of the pictures you posted is identical to the one they sent me.When I picked my car up on 09-25-06, I beleive it was yours that was in the garage being worked on.I've read all the posts detailing the mods on thr RUFSTANG and it is amazing all you've done to your ride.If you post what time you are gong to ge at Waynes Dyno on 11-18 I'd like to see what H.P. it pulls plus show you my vista blue Mustang,OK? :hyper:

68fastback-I learned to Shag in 1958 when I was 12 years old and did the same basic steps for forty years until diabetes destroyed the nerves in my legs and feet in 1998.Now me and my wife belong to the Causeway Shag Club in Surf City,N.C.She helps the instructor teach while I sit and watch.She knows about 90 different steps now while I still do the basic step.I have loved Mustangs since 1964 and have owned an '89,'90,93,95,96 and 2007!

68fastback-I learned to Shag in 1958 when I was 12 years old and did the same basic steps for forty years until diabetes destroyed the nerves in my legs and feet in 1998.Now me and my wife belong to the Causeway Shag Club in Surf City,N.C.She helps the instructor teach while I sit and watch.She knows about 90 different steps now while I still do the basic step.I have loved Mustangs since 1964 and have owned an '89,'90,93,95,96 and 2007!

How cool is this, Yesterday I read a post by a 16 year old and how he loved his mustang. And now Shag at... uhm.... well you do the math. This is awsome how this one car at 43 years of production brings the Young and the Young at Heart together. :cry:

Welcome Shag, your going to love this group of guys. :redcard: However, they can be a little tough :spiteful: some times but it's all in good fun. :headspin: :hyper:

Hey, Shag - Very cool! Shawn told me you wanted them to leave the plastic on the seats, etc!

Thanks for the compliments - I'll be calling Wayne early in the week of the 18th - I'll let ya know what time I'll be there. I'd like to meet you.

Ruf - (got to get to class!)

Rob,Here in the South,The Shag is a dance-not a horizontal activity like in the Austin Powers movies.However one of the most popular songs is "Back That Thing Up" by Tyrone Davis.

Welcome Shag:

When I saw your screen name, the :devil: came out. I had to :poke: . You have had quite the number of stangs in your lifetime. I am glad to see that you joined up. And with that I will say :

GROOVY...BABY...GROOVY :rockon:

Finally.

Cams, intake, throttle body, SCT are IN.

The idle change is noticeable but not drastic. You can feel it in the driver's seat when idling.

The CAI sucks some serious Air!

We only had a chance for one test drive before the rain came - and it appears that from about 3500 up - hang on! I'll know more after dyno day - but the Butt Meter says my C6 neighbor better tighten up his belts!

And - the cams have changed the exhaust sounds - it sounds deeper and louder.

The car has looked fast for a while - now we're finally getting some hp to back that up!

I may have to cancel classes tomorrow!

My tech, George Hopkins, was impressed with the power gains. (and he also muttered something about not wanting to change out valve springs again anytime soon!)

Finally.

Cams, intake, throttle body, SCT are IN.

The idle change is noticeable but not drastic. You can feel it in the driver's seat when idling.

The CAI sucks some serious Air!

We only had a chance for one test drive before the rain came - and it appears that from about 3500 up - hang on! I'll know more after dyno day - but the Butt Meter says my C6 neighbor better tighten up his belts!

And - the cams have changed the exhaust sounds - it sounds deeper and louder.

The car has looked fast for a while - now we're finally getting some hp to back that up!

I may have to cancel classes tomorrow!

My tech, George Hopkins, was impressed with the power gains. (and he also muttered something about not wanting to change out valve springs again anytime soon!)

Can't wait for another trip to the beach. :hyper: :headspin:

RUF, tell me again what was going thru your mind as you debated the "no charge warranty upgrade to 5 year, 60k mile" VS "Brenspeed Ensemble".

Guess what I'm driving at is this. I wanna follow in your footsteps but now that the warranty has been bumped to 60k from 36k... I gotta ask some tough questions. Like do I really want to crack that motor and drop in those Stage 3 cams from Comp! What made it easier for you to ditch the warranty and go with the cam package?

Guess I'll wait and let you post your dyno results before I make any final decisions. You lucky b*st*rd!!!

Stan

Oh, yeah!

After suffering with 25% throttle and trying to keep up with you pro-stockers, I'll be a whole lot happier next time we do a strafing run on Sonic.

It Runs now! :happy feet: :shift:

And it Rains now....it's killin' me....

Edit - Easy, Stan -- $$$

If I could have afforded the roughly $7500. for the Roush blower installed - I would have gone for it.

These NA mods - installed - were about $3200.

Warranty? My tech is the warranty guy..... :baby:

Rob - sorry about the monsoon out there. We'll be thinking about you.

I won't know how much of an increase until dyno day on the 18th.

Regardless - I'm a happy happy joy joy guy!

I know others are making some big numbers - but this is the most powerful car I've ever had.

And, man, I am diggin' it.

Now - when I pay off this Visa bill, we'll see what happens next! :shift:

Thanks, RUF. So you were prepared to ditch the warranty either way you went (S/C or N/A). Congrats! Will watch this thread closely for the dyno numbers.

Schweet!

EDIT: I don't want to come across as a wimp-a-doodle, but I have 6,000 miles on my '07. Seeing how Ford bumped the warranty, I have to weigh the options of playing it safe versus having a serious kick ass ride. I mean, I could do the CAI, SCT tune, and pick up some nice numbers, but the cam will add 25-35 hp albeit at $2000 installed. You're doing it the right way for a N/A ride, but in the end, it IS $2000 for (let's say for the sake of argument) 30rwhp.

I suppose the fair way is to look at the total spent for the total gain. If the rwhp is 260 stock and you manage to get it to 335rwhp (my estimate) and the cost was $3200, then we're talking $42.66 per rwhp.

$7500 for a S/C would be $60 per rwhp IF your gain was 125 horses. Anything less than 125 rwhp would of course, drive the cost up.

Archived