TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Young grasshopper will learn to close eyes during moments of ecstacy! :hysterical2:

You don't know me very well, do you?

Been there. Done that.

I just talked with Snoop and Co-Pilot!

They're camping in NC - about 40 miles west of Asheboro (where our State Zoo is).

Apparently, Co-Pilot is fending off wild animals while Snoop tends to the grille. (he wasn't sure what he had on the grille - but it was something he ran over on a trail)

All are having a swell time. They said the trails could use some rain - as Snoop has covered wife and son in a thick blanket of dust all day!

Both said to say "hey" to everyone.

They'll be back on board here Sunday evening.

Ruf - out!

Am there. Doing that. :hysterical2: (got to watch your verb tenses, son)

KR - pipe down! Your car's almost ready. :happy feet:

I think I know what been doing, Mr. Ruf. I have been there, and I have done that. I am not currently doing it, and I don't want to. :hysterical2:

KR - pipe down! Your car's almost ready. :happy feet:

Hey Norm,How do you like it? Norm your car will be ready this week.

Today is Friday. They don't work weekends, the car is still there.....So much for a showoff the car cruise this weekend! :shift::shift::waiting: and :waiting: and :waiting: OK already I'll pipe down, I'll pipe down a pipe down someones throat soon! :waiting: Ok I'm all better now :banghead:

Hey Norm,How do you like it? Norm your car will be ready this week.

Today is Friday. They don't work weekends, the car is still there.....So much for a showoff the car cruise this weekend! :shift::shift::waiting: and :waiting: and :waiting: OK already I'll pipe down, I'll pipe down a pipe down someones throat soon! :waiting: Ok I'm all better now :banghead:

Hey buddy, here you go. This should help until this is all done...

post-2704-1178316918_thumb.jpg

post-2704-1178316918_thumb.jpg

Got a call from Kim at CDC. The chin spoiler's been shipped!

Hopefully get it painted and on the car by the end of next week. :headspin:

Yo, Rufster, how y'all doin' :) Been checking in here once in a while when I can ...from sunny NV. R U gonna post some pics of that splitter even before it's on :hyper: Is it like the GT500 splitter or PJ Saleen? :hyper:

Btw, when I was out here in Nov06 I sent you a fake message from my granddaughter in baby talk. Well, here's the real deal, original and unedited, from Allison to the Rufster (she's 15 months)

,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuyip

[;';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'7juyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjh55555555effffffffffffffffffffffr

rcdffffffffff bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvfv cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

(typomatic keys are not her strong suit ;)

:hysterical:

Dan - Please put down the Bong and back away - slowly - from the laptop. :hysterical2:

Glad to hear you're having a good time out there.

You make me smile!

Here's the link to my splitter - low key.

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catal...isplay/643.html

Be safe - have fun - and raise one for the rest of us, you hear?

Ruf

Just got back from a car show in Wilson, NC.

StangBanger (SB) and I caravaned out there this morning.

Mostly a Vette show, but it turned out about 50/50 between Vettes and others.

Good show - some nice rides. (perhaps SB will post some pics later)

Judging was...awful. Nit pickers. One of the judges said my interior was "dirty."

Another said I needed to paint my "rusty" fuel pump.

John lost a few points for little tiny dirt here and there.

But - we both scored!

I got a Top Ten in my class (the Rufstang is 4 for 4 so far).

John thought he hadn't won anything. They gave all the awards out and thanked us for coming.

So John walked up to the tent to get his scoring sheets. Then he learned they FORGOT to give him his trophy! :finger:

During our ride home, John's leading the way. We turn onto an on ramp for an expressway. John slows to a crawl. (Game On!) I pull my belts tight and get up on the wheel. He gets about 3 car lengths because he knew when he wanted to Leave. But - I'm pleased to say the Rufstang carried the flag. Mister StangBanger didn't bang this Stang! :hysterical2::rockon:

Now - of course - we'll hear his side of it!

Right on. That does sound like a load of poop. Glad to see you placed still.

Give it some time, you'll find some car shows that you'll feel welcomed to, like an all-Ford one

Just got back from a car show in Wilson, NC.

StangBanger (SB) and I caravaned out there this morning.

Mostly a Vette show, but it turned out about 50/50 between Vettes and others.

Good show - some nice rides. (perhaps SB will post some pics later)

Judging was...awful. Nit pickers. One of the judges said my interior was "dirty."

Another said I needed to paint my "rusty" fuel pump.

John lost a few points for little tiny dirt here and there.

But - we both scored!

I got a Top Ten in my class (the Rufstang is 4 for 4 so far).

John thought he hadn't won anything. They gave all the awards out and thanked us for coming.

So John walked up to the tent to get his scoring sheets. Then he learned they FORGOT to give him his trophy! :finger:

During our ride home, John's leading the way. We turn onto an on ramp for an expressway. John slows to a crawl. (Game On!) I pull my belts tight and get up on the wheel. He gets about 3 car lengths because he knew when he wanted to Leave. But - I'm pleased to say the Rufstang carried the flag. Mister StangBanger didn't bang this Stang! :hysterical2::rockon:

Now - of course - we'll hear his side of it!

Yes that was a different type of car show today to say the least. It had nothing to do with how well done the car was or its mods, only with how clean it was. Ruf and I still managed to take home some hardware though, even though they screwed up and didn't give me mine at the awards ceremony. I was wondering why they had left over trophies.

BTW Ruf did make a new friend today (to the right of his car). You know how he loves the ladies. Fits in well with the Rufstang. :hysterical2:

100_2005.jpg

BTW Ruf on our little on ramp excursion the skip shift got me. Since we were turning from a light on to the ramp I shifted out of 1st to soon and then had to go to 4th. Needless to say the car bogged down before it got going good. Ruf on the other hand was probably in 2nd. So he did stay with me up to about 80. Of course I was in 4th from about 20mph.

More pics of Ruf's Ride from the show. :rockon:

100_2006.jpg

100_2030.jpg

100_2029.jpg

And one of mine for good measure

100_2007.jpg

I like shows that don't judge on how clean your car is - but on what's been done to it.

I'm sure today's show is like a Mustang National show where they get too fussy about nothing.

I don't even care if I win - I mostly go to hang out and talk to people who stop and admire the ride.

I did a lot of that today! Lots of compliments.

Two elderly black gentlemen stopped at my car. One says, "Look at this Challenger!" The other says, "Man, that ain't no Challenger, that there's a Mustang." They continued their discussion after they walked away!

Pre-teens using their camera phones on my car!

Middle aged guys telling me how it looks like the one they had back in the day.

One young blonde said, "Man, that car is hot." So was she.

I was parked next to a 1970 Black TransAm - 4.9 Turbo. Immaculate. It was neat seeing the old and the new juxtaposed.

One guy 4 cars down from me walked over to talk. He had a cherry '65 red Mustang. His daughter bought it for him 5 years ago after his wife passed away. She remembered it was the car he had when they first met.

Time well spent.

And the ride home with my Vette buddy was as good as it gets, you hear? :hysterical2:

I didn't start in fourth gear. I had to shift from 1st to 4th because the Skip Shift got me. I didn't get it up to 2,300 before I tried to shift to 2nd as we made the turn. That is why I slowed down. It hardly ever gets me but it did today. I need to get that damn thing tuned out. Fortunately the Skip Shift only is an issue when you start from a dead stop.

Your welcome on the pics. I thought you took more pictures than you did. When I downloaded them you only took 4 or 5.

I have a hard time taking pics with that camera.

I'm not used to holding it out in front of me to center the shot.

And - it's hard to see in the daylight.

I'm used to an eyepiece.

Did your car get nasty because of the rain?

I had one of your club members with I think a red '95 or so Vette line up with me at Grady White's stoplight.

I couldn't get him to run!

I have a hard time taking pics with that camera.

I'm not used to holding it out in front of me to center the shot.

And - it's hard to see in the daylight.

I'm used to an eyepiece.

Did your car get nasty because of the rain?

I had one of your club members with I think a red '95 or so Vette line up with me at Grady White's stoplight.

I couldn't get him to run!

You wern't trying hard enough then. Should of said that, "I guess an old guy like me has more balls than you." Works every time

Archived