TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

Thanks, Tim - yeah, that one looks like he's been lurking here!! I don't care at all for the chrome 20's.

C6 - the Rufstang fears nothing...except Historical Monuments...

Dan - Christine had a great ride out to lunch. We went to a pizza place in the little town of Bath that's owned by some people from L.I., so she not only likes the pie - she loves hearing them talk. "They sound like you, baby!"

We passed several Stangs and got waves from all - including an '85 or so vert with 4 people in it. All 4 of 'em raised their hands to wave!

Also rode past about 20 Harley choppers in a pack. We got a lot of "low hand" waves from 'em. They must have had radios - as they started waving before we even passed 'em! Very cool.

But - now she's pooped and will probably sleep the rest of the afternoon.

When we got close to home, she said (again!), "Baby, do you know how much I love this car?"

I'm so lucky to have her. :headspin:

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news.

C6 Babe was enroute to Ruf's crib for some ribs (on her way back from Atlantic Beach), when the car in front of her swerved to miss "something" in the middle of the road. She locked 'em up and ended up in some sort of "hole." (road construction area) Only details Ruf has is she's fine - but the C6 has two bent right side rims (and lord knows what else). It had to be put on a roll-back.

She's upset.

(she had asked earlier today if I'd give her a ride in the Rufstang when she got here - I told her "sure" - I mean it's a tough job - but Ruf is up for it)

All in a days work, eh?

I got to playing that video game, Forza Motorsports because I can't wait for the new one to drop on the first of May. What's the first car's I buy and start tweaking? 350Z (White) and a '05 Mustang GT (Black).

What can I say? It's a fad...

Bad news.

C6 Babe was enroute to Ruf's crib for some ribs (on her way back from Atlantic Beach), when the car in front of her swerved to miss "something" in the middle of the road. She locked 'em up and ended up in some sort of "hole." (road construction area) Only details Ruf has is she's fine - but the C6 has two bent right side rims (and lord knows what else). It had to be put on a roll-back.

She's upset.

(she had asked earlier today if I'd give her a ride in the Rufstang when she got here - I told her "sure" - I mean it's a tough job - but Ruf is up for it)

Ruf,

That's terrible. I am glad she is ok, but it sounds like the Vette didn't do to well. That's too bad.

I know it.

My first thought was...perhaps...you know.

But - she didn't get a ticket - so she's okay.

I need to take her out with her car and give her some driving tips.

Kobra - you'd kick Ruf's butt on the games. I don't play 'em.

C6, however, has tried to get me hooked on some Game Boy racing games!

He's got the lap controllers with steering wheels, etc.

Very realistic.

I can see myself getting addicted.

I know it.

My first thought was...perhaps...you know.

But - she didn't get a ticket - so she's okay.

I need to take her out with her car and give her some driving tips.

Kobra - you'd kick Ruf's butt on the games. I don't play 'em.

C6, however, has tried to get me hooked on some Game Boy racing games!

He's got the lap controllers with steering wheels, etc.

Very realistic.

I can see myself getting addicted.

You need to leave teaching her how to drive that C6 up to me. I will show her how to drive it properly. Afterall I drive one too. :hysterical2:

Grand Turismo 4 and Race Driver 3 are two of my favorite games.

Ruf can handle her defensive driving classes all by himself, thank you!

One must approach these situations with delicacy and aplomb. Something Ruf learned while driving trucks over the road!

Besides - she may pose too much temptation to you. I wouldn't want to feel responsible for you losing control.

Ruf will handle this. :shades:

One must approach these situations with delicacy and aplomb. Something Ruf learned while driving trucks over the road!

Besides - she may pose too much temptation to you. I wouldn't want to feel responsible for you losing control.

aplomb, aren't we just bubbling with self confidence tonight. :hysterical2:

Sorry to hear about your wife's friend's 'vette... damn.

A ride in the Rufstang will cheer her up ;-)

--

I saw a while back that some company actually makes a racing seat you sit in with steering wheel accelerator (and shifter? dunno) that somehow plugs into the conroller port on your PC/game console -- how cool is that? I saw it in a gaming mag hooked up to a PC with three large displays that wrapped around it somehow... Wild looking!!! I don't think it has road-feedback <lol> but who knows?!

--

KII, you'd game-whip us all probably -- quick young reflexes... my money'd be on you kiddo ;)

Ruf - for a defensive driving course like this, I would recommend one of these. A Ruf-Rider. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

post-6100-1177895311_thumb.jpg

post-6100-1177895311_thumb.jpg

I have an ad-hoc setup with Logitech's high end race wheel for the PS2, and an adjustable bucket seat to go with it. Rigged up a nice mount for the steering wheel, and a mat to hold the pedals firm. Gran Turismo is awesome in it.

That game is great. Though I'm not allowed to go out driving immediately after playing... I have a terrible lead foot after getting immersed in that for a while. (no joke!)

- Tony

I have an ad-hoc setup with Logitech's high end race wheel for the PS2, and an adjustable bucket seat to go with it. Rigged up a nice mount for the steering wheel, and a mat to hold the pedals firm. Gran Turismo is awesome in it.

That game is great. Though I'm not allowed to go out driving immediately after playing... I have a terrible lead foot after getting immersed in that for a while. (no joke!)

- Tony

I bet that is the real deal Tony. I just have the wheel and pedals. Grand Turismo is one of my favorite games for PS2. My son loves it too.

Ruf,

You better watch out for those Chevy women. :hysterical2:

1bowtiehottie.gif

I love you guys.

All this concern for good 'ol Ruf.

Well - worry not. Ruf will keep a sober and firm handle on her driving classes! :hysterical2:

Ruf will spend a lot of seat time on her handling the gear lever properly. One can get into trouble without knowing the accepted practices therein.

And - of course - we'll spend time on the apres-driving debriefing. You know - slow, deliberate breathing, etc.

Rest assured, the young lady in question will "come" away with a much more defined definition of a "complete" driving experience. :hysterical2:

GT4 is a really good game. I never got a wheel and stuff, so I used the controller. Now Forza Motorsports 2 is what I can't wait for. Over 300 cars (over 10 Ferrari's, a couple Lambos, it'll be awesome). The physics engine in FM2 runs at 360 FPS, because the FM physics engine only ran "1 frame for every 4 feet when traveling at over 150 MPH, and that was just too slow". I can't wait.

I found a drifting setup for the 360Z for Forza. I tried it out, needless to say, I didn't want to own that Z after I was done with it...

I love you guys.

All this concern for good 'ol Ruf.

Well - worry not. Ruf will keep a sober and firm handle on her driving classes! :hysterical2:

Ruf will spend a lot of seat time on her handling the gear lever properly. One can get into trouble without knowing the accepted practices therein.

And - of course - we'll spend time on the apres-driving debriefing. You know - slow, deliberate breathing, etc.

Rest assured, the young lady in question will "come" away with a much more defined definition of a "complete" driving experience. :hysterical2:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

....5 LMAOs -- one for each double entendre :shades: ;-)

I saw it in a gaming mag hooked up to a PC with three large displays that wrapped around it somehow.

KII, you'd game-whip us all probably -- quick young reflexes... my money'd be on you kiddo ;)

Yeah, it's pretty sick having a multiple screen display setup. There's a way that if you have 3-7 xboxes setup, you can have anywhere from a 180 degree view (with or without a monitor serving for rearview) to a 360 degree viewing surface (with or without a monitor serving as rearview). All I can say is that if someone could set that up, they have wayyy too much time and money on their hands, and I'd be more than happy to take some of that money off of their hands

That's the '09 'Vette twin-screw ...Yvette! :baby: = :baby:

:hysterical2:

---

On a different note... check out this pic

Ford's enhanol vehicles, now and then (found in the Ford media archives):

post-4902-1177981516_thumb.jpg Ford actually sold an Ethanol Model-A!!!

<edit:> 'cause I can't type

post-4902-1177981516_thumb.jpg

Archived