TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill - have you finally calmed down? :hysterical:

What happened to our spring meet?

I need to start thinking about it to get me through the harsh cold winter down here in North Carolina! :rockon:

When I lived in CT, for about 5 years anyway, 3 of my buddies and I would drive down to Daytona for the 500 in Feb. (non-stop about 21 hours)

At that time, I was driving a gasoline tanker (9200 gallons) on the night shift (5 pm - until 3 or 4 am). Baby, it wasn't fun in the winter up there at night.

So, during Nov, Dec, and Jan, I'd keep a chart on the fridge counting down the days until the 500. Even though it might only be in the 70's down there - it felt like Summer. :baby:

On those frozen nights when the snow was blowing, and I was climbing up Blanford Mountain on the Mass Turnpike (a 6 mile pull at about 35 mph), I'd just picture Daytona Beach and the Shark Lounge! :rockon:

...cams are good...cams are good....

:rockon: I just went back and re-read all of these pages.

It reminded me of when I was about 17 and was working at a Sunoco station (with 3 bays!).

My buddies would trickle in throughout the evening and we'd sit around and talk about cars - in between customers at the pumps. (Sunoco 260 Rocked!)

How cool is a site like this wherein we can "gather" from all around and share our passion for cars?

Very - very cool. :rockon:

The Rufstang's Car Show debut was a success.

About 120 cars entered, and we came away with a Top Forty trophy. :cheerleader:

Pics in a couple of days.

Lots of sweet rides.

I had a lot of very complimentary feedback.

A great afternoon with car folks. :rockon:

The Rufstang's Car Show debut was a success.

Pics in a couple of days.

Sounds like a winner, RUFDRAFT. Hey, I want to thank you for turning me onto the camshaft angle. I've been hanging out at Brenspeed and reading up on the stage 3 cam. I can stop looking at CAI's and Tuners and such. I was leaning towards the Steeda 90mm and Tune. But that would just be wasted money. I like his C&L 95mm with 62mm throttle body and stage 3 cam. So even though it may be 6-12 months before I pull the trigger, I can sleep well at nights knowing I have a solution to my problem.

I was looking at Saleen twin screw s/c and nitrous, etc. I love N/A, and I think the path you dug up is without a doubt the way to go. No whine or bottle (GET IT?) to listen to or refill. Dude, it's gonna be so fn sweet!

FYI: I'm from Alexandria, VA originally (kinda). Military brat (now 49) and landed in southern MD in '67. Moved to VA in '71. Left in '76 to join the Navy. We'll have to hook up some time next year. My wife is a school teacher... if that gives me any additional credibility. Ha!

Here's some more eye candy (would you please post more pics of your steed, tyvm)...

back_In_Black_012.jpg

Hey, Pup - thanks, man.

A few of us from here are planning some sort of spring meet - not sure where yet, but stay tuned. We'd love to have you join us. :rockon:

If I had the means, I've have a blower. I don't - so I've tried to get similar hp for less money.

And I can't wait to hear the cams!

More pics of my GT are here: http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...=3454&st=60

We'll connect - of that be sure, you hear? :rockon:

Sharing our passion for cars, now you said a mouthful. This site has just been so awesome. The clubs in my area so far are not very receptive of Shelby's so this site makes me feel like I actually fit in with other Mustang lovers.

+1 ...and three cheers for Robert Lane & Co who have given us this place that makes it all possible -- and our moderators too who are always there to help when needed and are all real car guys themselves!

Hip hip :beerchug:

:shift:

I took some black & white shots today - with the chrome tail light grids installed.

One of them has wifey's PT Cruiser reflected in the trunk.

Again your wheels look great......you should think of getting into customs for folks that don't know whats what.......question for you ...how do those 19 " wheels and rubber ride like.....some say there a little rough....with 19" wheels . Again you sure have put a nice collection of mods together ....and the black and white pic's look very good.....

Thanks, Bro -

Yes - between the 19's and the springs - ride quality changes to stiffer.

But - I like handling more than a soft ride. This car would not work well in major metro commutes - but I love it.

I've thought about a business wherein people would ask for "designer" help on their cars. But - I need to keep my full-time gig at the moment!

It would be a gas, though.

Ruf -

Sprint meet sounds neat, RUF. My brother called me from Budds Creek Raceway about a month ago. When he heard I was ordering a Stang, he went out and purchased an '06 GTO. Brazen Orange... We could meet there! Without my !@#$%^ brother, of course.

Jealousy. It's an ugly thing...

Where's the track?

We'd have to be vewy, vewy quiet if we'd be hunting GTO's..... :rockon:

carnut - keep it up and I'll bring back thong boy. :rant:

Edit: (31 Oct.) - the throttle body, CAI, SCT Tune, and Steeda pulleys came today!! :cheerleader:

The cams were shipped from Brenspeed today! It won't be long.... :rant:

Better call TireRack and order some new rears.....

Okay - I'm thinking about brakes.

Perhaps 14" rotors and 4 piston calipers.

Suggestions? Brembo? Stop-Tech?

Couple of questions for you Ruf. Do you want a complete kit which includes both the front and rear or are you just looking to upgrade the front???

Check out Steeda for their 05 - 07 brake upgrade kits. They have a 14 inch kit made by Baer for the front and a 13 inch kit for the rear. Both kits would run you about $1500.00

Here's the link: Steeda Brake Kits

Also found this very inexpensive kit at Brenspeed.com

Brenspeed StopTech kit

Price of the kit is $769.00

RUF, you kill me. It's so cool to find someone who is as much of an over-the-top fanatic about their car as I am. I know everyone here is really into their Stangs, but you take that love to a new level.

You rock, dood... but I'm right behind you with everyone else in these threads, haha. Enjoy the beast!

Thanks, Pup - it's guys like you that make this all the more fun!

I've got a "dyno day" scheduled for the 18th.

I feel the need for data!

I'm hoping for at least 325 at the wheels. Perhaps a bit more.

And I'm trying to get my 350Z buddy to come along. It's time we settle things once and for all. :rockon:

Thanks, Pup - it's guys like you that make this all the more fun!

I've got a "dyno day" scheduled for the 18th.

I feel the need for data!

I'm hoping for at least 325 at the wheels. Perhaps a bit more.

And I'm trying to get my 350Z buddy to come along. It's time we settle things once and for all. :rockon:

OK. That's 325 BEFORE you do the Brenspeed cam/throttle body/pullies/95mm CAI... correct? (Going off signature with 'inbound' in front of the goods.) Or have you snuck out and done the nasty? The car they used in the tech write-up was 309rwhp/324rwtq. If you start with 325rwhp before the Brenspeed tweak... that would truly be sweet.

Stan

No - the 325+ is the whole shebang. (I like thinking conservatively and then get surprised!)

If I can show 400 at the crank, I'll be happy. Anything more is gravy.

The Roush blower claims 115 hp (415) - for about $7300 installed.

If I can get close to that for half the money - I'm a happy old guy. :rockon:

And - I'd rather hear cams than a blower whine! Remember - I'm from the '60's!

:rockon: Hi Dan - thanks for dropping in.

How's things in Vegas?

We miss ya!

I think you said you were jetting back about the 11th?

If it wasn't for winter approaching, I'd motor up to CT and meet you when you do your ride/drive with our brother in Stamford. :rockon:

edit: carnut - at the car show last Sat, the Boys with the Toys brought their big blocks! Man - the guy with the 426 Street Hemi Cuda almost had me wet my pants! How I love the sound. Great Gosh Almighty! This thing was hot! :rockon:

Archived