TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

Thanks! I guess I should change my ID to something less offensive to you Mustang guys and gals.

I have been threatening to post on your forum for a while now, but when Bryan got on the Corvette forum today I just couldn't resist. Sorry Bryan I guess the cat is out of the bag about you and the Corvette forum. :hysterical2:

Actually I have lots of golf shirts. Do they help or hinder my status on this forum?

Hey SB, that ID change really can be arranged ;) Ruf can arrange it for you -- gladly, he will <-Yoda dialect intended :)

Ah, so the cat's out of the bag -- Mr. Ruf has been 'straying' over to the other camp in the evening ...we'll have to talk :hysterical:

Well, um, seems 'vette owners often have a lot of golf shirts (this from a very scientific survey we never really took a while back ;-)

Ruf won't like that green 'vette -- needs to be pink

Here's the blonde that HSURB was wondering if you might be :shades:

post-4902-1177557781_thumb.jpg <--Ruf, clean that wheel or else... crack

<edit:> Now this is Ruf's fave 'vette... :hysterical:

post-4902-1177558392_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1177557781_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1177558392_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

68Fastback - you are the man. That is exactly who I thought Ruf's new StangBanger -friend on the board was. Better known as - RufRider, NightRider, AllNighter. I'm sure she's a great gal, but what an opportunity for us to give Ruf all types of hell.

I looked for the photo on the board, but couldn't find it.

OK Ruf - come out off the couch and defend yourself.

HSURB

Pipe down, Mod Boy!

The welding director/instructor at the College is going to use my front spindles that were replaced to put my 19" Jaz rims on my 4x8 utility trailer! And he'll fabricate some new fenders for me!

I brought my car over to the welding building today and everyone came out to check it out!

Lots of thumbs up.

By request, the Rufstang gave 'em 1st and 2nd on the way out! :rockon:

I still have the front rims for my coffee table!

John - check out this thread. It has a lot of pics from our Outer Banks weekend:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...6641&st=540

Boy Ruf is taking a beating over here now! :finger::yahoo:

I agree, a pink Vette would be perfect for him. I don't know what I was thinking when I suggested the green one. :hysterical2:

BTW Ruf knows that I am used to seeing the front of his car in my mirrors. I don't need a picture to recognize it. :rockon:

he used to have a pink Stang too :hysterical:

post-4902-1177626247_thumb.jpg

Ryf, you know we love ya ;)

post-4902-1177626247_thumb.jpg

:doh:

Your dancing .gif just got another addition to it :hysterical2: this one will take awhile but I guarantee you laugh many times over with this one. Learning as I go along on this one.Many layers involved so nobody hold their breathe but be prepared to not be taking any sips of anything while looking at this *one*,

* not responsible for spills, slashes or damage to Keyboards,monitors or alike.

Ruf,

FYI. Here is the new hot off the press info on the 08 Corvette with the new LS3 V8. Thought you and the Mustang guys and gals would enjoy the update.

HERE IS THE PRESS RELEASE FROM GM;

2008 Corvette: Iconic Sports Car Recieves Larger, More Powerful LS3 6.2L V-8 And Host Of Driving, Interior Refinements

Chevrolet Corvette & Corvette Z06

——————

New for 2008

All-new LS3 6.2L V-8 engine for Coupe and Convertible:

430 hp (321 kW)*

424 lb.-ft. of torque (575 Nm)*

436 hp / 428 lb.-ft. (325 kW / 580 Nm)* with new, optional dual-mode exhaust system

High-flow cylinder heads

Enhanced valvetrain

High-flow intake manifold

Larger-bore block with structural enhancements

Improved manual transmission shift effort

Quicker shift times on paddle-shift six-speed automatic

2.73 performance axle ratio available with six-speed paddle shift; included with Z51 package

Improved steering feel ………

Hi John

Sounds like the General is raising the bar again! It's all good.

Check out the new Shelby Super Snake:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/

The Super Snake might not be listed yet - but it's going to have 700 hp!

I need a p/t gig to get myself a Kenne Bell!

I'll call you in the morning and see if we can ride to Fountain together.

Man Ruf, I can't see you driving a Z. I guess the chick-magnets in both rides were just about the same, eh? I ordered a pretty big chick magnet for my Stang. I hope it arrives soon, I need it bad brotha

Ruf,

FYI. Here is the new hot off the press info on the 08 Corvette with the new LS3 V8. Thought you and the Mustang guys and gals would enjoy the update.

2008 Corvette: Iconic Sports Car Recieves Larger, More Powerful LS3 6.2L V-8 And Host Of Driving, Interior Refinements

——————

New for 2008

430 hp (321 kW)*

436 hp / 428 lb.-ft. (325 kW / 580 Nm)* with new, optional dual-mode exhaust system

High-flow cylinder heads

Enhanced valvetrain

2.73 performance axle ratio available with six-speed paddle shift; included with Z51 package

Do you still have to shift from 1st to 4th (to meet CAFE) unless you're on it? :poke:

Ruf,

——————

New for 2008

430 hp (321 kW)*

High-flow cylinder heads

Enhanced valvetrain

SB, does it still force you to shift from 1st to 4th (to meet CAFE) unless you're on it? :poke:

2.73 axle ratio?? (3.73??)

Paddle-shifter nice! :wub:

SB, does it still force you to shift from 1st to 4th (to meet CAFE) unless you're on it? :poke:

2.73 axle ratio?? (3.73??)

Paddle-shifter nice! :wub:

Yes you still have to shift from 1 to 4 unless you go over 2,300 rpm or shift before 1,800 rpm unless you have the skip shift eliminator (CAGS) or you tune it out. It doesn't usually bother me since I get on it enough not to deal with it. I eventually plan to tune it out when I get a tune done.

The new 2.73 is the auto gearing on the Z51 package only. On the 05 through 07 autos the Z51 package didn't get any different gearing from the other auto cars. All the automatics are six speeds with paddle shifters. They have been since 06. The manual gearing is more aggressive too with the Z51 package, but there is no change there for 08.

Ruf & SB returned from our afternoon qualifying session unscathed.

SB brought his sweet 350Z rocket sled this time.

Ruf was up for the challenge.

We were lined up at a stop light on highway 264.

Temp was upper 70's - and clear skies.

We were set to launch - when a group of about 5 ECU female students came off the sidewalk and surrounded my car! Their brief summer clothes distracted Ruf. I only managed to sign three of their tank tops before the light changed.

SB got a jump on me, but I reeled him in 3rd gear. It might have been 2nd gear, but I was talking on the phone to Christine.

We had an enjoyable little romp through the country. And, good thing I let him lead us. When we got back to Greenville, I told him his brake lights weren't working. He said he hadn't touched them while on the 2 lane. Ruf told him he thought he had them on while driving. :hysterical2:

Ruf & SB returned from our afternoon qualifying session unscathed.

SB brought his sweet 350Z rocket sled this time.

Ruf was up for the challenge.

We were lined up at a stop light on highway 264.

Temp was upper 70's - and clear skies.

We were set to launch - when a group of about 5 ECU female students came off the sidewalk and surrounded my car! Their brief summer clothes distracted Ruf. I only managed to sign three of their tank tops before the light changed.

SB got a jump on me, but I reeled him in 3rd gear. It might have been 2nd gear, but I was talking on the phone to Christine.

We had an enjoyable little romp through the country. And, good thing I let him lead us. When we got back to Greenville, I told him his brake lights weren't working. He said he hadn't touched them while on the 2 lane. Ruf told him he thought he had them on while driving. :hysterical2:

SCGT500 did say "Nissan piece of junk" :hysterical2: No wonder he seemed to have his brakes on :doh:

Archived