TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my car back this evening.

I don't know how some of y'all only drive your cars on the weekends...

I was without mine for 3 days and it felt like 3 weeks!

My tech had my back - the A/C work is warranty. We did a Mobil 1 oil change while it was on the lift.

The parts guy loves the car. He had them overnight the a/c compressor. I asked him why. He said, "'Because I know what the car means to you." It doesn't get much better than that, y'all. :happy feet:

My tech had my back - the A/C work is warranty. We did a Mobil 1 oil change while it was on the lift.

The parts guy loves the car. He had them overnight the a/c compressor. I asked him why. He said, "'Because I know what the car means to you." It doesn't get much better than that, y'all. :happy feet:

you gotta keep that guy!

Glad you got your car back so quick. I haven't been able to drive mine for the past few days because of the threat of snow!!! :censored::banghead::redcard:

What makes it worse is I just got my SCT tuner today loaded with three tunes from Bamachips!!! :cry:

Yep. He's a keeper.

So my dad had to install the FRPP axle backs on a certain car. Nothing special, just a 2007 Roush 427R. Oh yeah, he test drove it. Straight line, first gear, wheel hop... That was the extent on his test drive, but he said it was fun.

Wheel hop?? On a Roush? Rut Row.

Jim - sorry, man. Not sure what's worse - not having it - or not being able to drive it!

Not sure either Ruf, at least I know it's in my garage waiting for warm weather. What sucks is the weather is supposed to be crappy here all week long!!! :banghead:

Just this morning I went out to my truck and saw a robin all puffed up in a ball in my front yard. He looked at me as to say "what the h..ll happened to spring". Poor little guy.

A/C? DOn't you have snow down there? :headscratch::finger:

Wheel hop?? On a Roush? Rut Row.

At least that's what it sounded like to me. He explained it as "and all I heard was er-er-er-er-er-er-er-er-er-er"

Weather is screwy this spring. Last week, we had a couple of days in the lower 80's.

Last Sat - wifey wakes me up to say, "Look - it's snowing." (flurries)

WTF?

Now - we're in the 60s-70s.

A Roush shouldn't have wheel hop. I've only put in an UCA and don't have any...something's wrong there.

Looks like Thursday will be a good day for 2 coats of Zaino before our Outer Banks gathering!

I can't wait to...follow...all those Shelby's! :hysterical2:

We may not be able to keep up with them - but when we park......

"Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man....." :hysterical2:

2127 posts and counting!!!

:read:

All because of one man... :shift: A man who began with a dream. A dream (and a deal) for a GT500. When that dream couldn't be, he made what was a plain black GT into what we see today... THE RUFSTANG.

Long live Ruf. Long live the Rufstang and everything it stands for. Peace. Justice. Posts that go on forever, and the American way!

:rockon:

2127 posts and counting!!!

:read:

All because of one man... :shift: A man who began with a dream. A dream (and a deal) for a GT500. When that dream couldn't be, he made what was a plain black GT into what we see today... THE RUFSTANG.

Long live Ruf. Long live the Rufstang and everything it stands for. Peace. Justice. Posts that go on forever, and the American way!

One of wifey's girl friends came over to "do" her hair.

She's got a new C6.

She let me take it out for a spin.

It's got the paddle shifters. Not crazy about 'em. I'd rather use the stick.

But the car is very strong - seamless powerband.

And it Stops!

The balance of the car inspires confidence - very predictable feeling in a turn.

I didn't push it very hard - but it's a blast to drive.

Exhaust is strangely quiet - compared to my Bassanis.

Took a few pics - forthcoming.

E (KR) - can't wait to see the flames (as I'll bet you can't either!!).

You're going to have a show car there, my friend. :happy feet:

I'm still doing research on cameras - but thanks for the offer.

Your welcome, if you want it just say the word.

The whole idea about painting the stripes and the flames (the whole car for that matter) is to put a show car finish on it. it is going to have five coats of clear after the ghost flames are done. It's going to be one heck of a finish. Wish there were places to show it off around here.

The C6 had all the toys.

My impression is that Chevy has determined that the market buyers for this car want refinement - not "in your face" driving.

The C6 is comfortable - quiet - and easy to drive.

After I drove her car - I took her out for a ride in mine.

She said my car felt more - rugged. She said the sound and the stiffer suspension felt more...aggressive.

Then - she took some deep breaths and said "yes, yes, yes" and then seemed very relaxed.

I wasn't sure what to say then.

But she smiled when I pulled back in the driveway. :hysterical2:

Weather is screwy this spring. Last week, we had a couple of days in the lower 80's.

Last Sat - wifey wakes me up to say, "Look - it's snowing." (flurries)

WTF?

Now - we're in the 60s-70s.

A Roush shouldn't have wheel hop. I've only put in an UCA and don't have any...something's wrong there.

Looks like Thursday will be a good day for 2 coats of Zaino before our Outer Banks gathering!

I can't wait to...follow...all those Shelby's! :hysterical2:

We may not be able to keep up with them - but when we park......

"Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man....." :hysterical2:

Is it going to shower on Sat and Sunday. SCGT500 posted showers ?

Archived