TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all haven't lived until you get a call from SCGT while Co-Pilot is driving! Mama Mia!!

Dan - thanks, man. I knew you, especially, would dig the stealth look. I should have taken a shot from the rear so you could see how "fitted" the spoiler looks. I really dig the de-badging of the front fenders. Very smooth. The painted window trim is like the painted mirrors - they don't stand out like SCGT's mirrors will - but if you saw mine next to a stock car - it would be a dramatic difference.

Orf - yeah, I know it. I've got to find some paint that matches the spokes. The Antenna. He forgets Nothing!! It does look cool.

911 - funny - I had that same thought - a slim red sweeping light behind the grille!

E - Yeah, man. It feels like a new car.

KCMO - Rock & Roll!!

When I brought it home yesterday, and turned on to Market Street and passed The Wall - I lifted without knowing I did!! :hysterical2:

Oh - I'm thinking about not putting the side stripe back on - or doing a different stripe....

Edit - thanks, 90 - it looks much better in person. The Bassanis are the Sh*t!

Okay - here we go -

I APPROVE!!!! Nice job Ruf! Very stealthy, very clean. Reminds me of a modern day bullitt only in black....Kinda like the Bullitt's Evil Twin. Its very classy and business like. A nice suit or TUX would go well with that car. Congrats.....and from now on......step away from the walls!

Alex

Thanks, Mark. Kinda looks like a fast-attack sub!

Christine's been suggesting a metallic silver stripe all the way around the bottom. (rocker panels - rear and front bumpers) Not the entire width of the rocker - maybe an inch wide.

A neighbor from 3 doors down just rang the front door bell.

He's a 22 year Marine vet - who's been to Iraq.

He loves Harleys. And Mustangs. His daughter has an '89.

He said he had to stop by and check out the rebuild.

Man - he loves Mustangs. He went on and on about how retro it looks (and loves the louvers).

When I cranked it up - we stood at the rear - and he listened for a half a minute. Then he says, "This Mustang's a Harley!" :hysterical2:

He wants a ride on Sunday. We'll give him one. :rockon:

Sorry, I posted that and then Co Pilot wanted to go out to an early dinner.

I was sitting down eating and remembered that I didn't go back to the thread and post. Oops....

My car is not driveable because Jay has my mirrors painting them. I drove around the block a few times, but didn't want to get busted on the main roads. They will be ready tomorrow.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll go to my corner now. :finger:

Don't know about anyone else, but that made me nervous!!! Thought something happened!!! OK I feel better now........Glad its just that SCGT!!!!

Okay - here we go -

Looks awesome!!!! So happy for you that you finally got the "RufStang" back!!!Louvers look great. Badboy had his put on today. Trying to figure out where to post the pics for him. Badboy will be back in Greenville sometime soon, Not sure exactly when, but he will give a heads up......If thats the case, looks like Badboy owes you a BLT, but he said he will upgrade to a steak for ya if you bring the Rufstang!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::headspin: :happy feet:

SCGT - :finger:

Shelbygrl - you tell you husband to give me some warning this time he comes this way, so we can have him over for some dinner, you hear?

tispco - thanks, bro!

E - that's the idea!!

Okay - here we go -

Wow ruf,

I have been gone all day and just saw your photos. She looks great. I like the Louvers. I wonder how they would look in GO. They are a very modest touch of class. They don't jump out at ya, but you can't miss them. The stripe will finish it off. I like it alot. :hyper:

Wow ruf,

I have been gone all day and just saw your photos. She looks great. I like the Louvers. I wonder how they would look in GO. They are a very modest touch of class. They don't jump out at ya, but you can't miss them. The stripe will finish it off. I like it alot. :hyper:

Hey, Rob... they louvers would look great in GO ...did you see the pix on another thread from the inside? You get some seriously usefull visibility too... I love 'em! <ahem, that is if I had them.... ahem, that is if I had a car to pu them on ...hmmm, maybe if I change-out the rager x-cab rear window? ...nah... :hysterical: >

Rufdraft .... followed this thread here and there ... and read the last 5 or so pages .... man .. u sure have a great suppport group !

Some really good people on this list Ruf ! ... Really glad your car is back and more important ... looks like the body shop did a hell of a job putting it together !

Enjoy your "NEW" car :yahoo:

Archived