TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

Hey now, Dan!

Yes - 264 goes through the Dismal Swamp!

I miss the twisties of CT and SE NY State - but we do have some very Smooth roads 'round here.

It's an interesting choice: bumpy twisties or smooth and straight.

I'm here - so it's moot, I guess.

I'm just ready to chew through a 2x4 to get to drive my baby again!

We're gonna ride, my friend - gonna ride.

Be safe - you hear?

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey now, Dan!

Yes - 264 goes through the Dismal Swamp!

I miss the twisties of CT and SE NY State - but we do have some very Smooth roads 'round here.

It's an interesting choice: bumpy twisties or smooth and straight.

I'm here - so it's moot, I guess.

I'm just ready to chew through a 2x4 to get to drive my baby again!

We're gonna ride, my friend - gonna ride.

Be safe - you hear?

So that's why you keep that 'gator shock-stick in the trunk! ;-)

Up in Maine once, on a dirt back-road half-way between nowhere, a bull Moose was licking the road (to get mineral salts). No way around him! Jan and I were in our big jacked-up 4x4 E250 exploring some roads that aren't on the maps. That Moose was over 7' tall at the shoulders (!!!) and we had to wait 20 minutes before he finally trotted off into the woods! Wish I had more than a cheapie camera ith me that day! That's when I figured I needed a shock-stick <lol> Actually, I could never hurt an animal -- observing nature is one of my true loves -- and one I can actually afford! ;-)

Haha, I'd road course mine too, but I don't think that a 1996 Explorer wouldn't do too good. I get massive body roll going around turns at 40!

:happy feet: :bandance: :happy feet: :bandance: :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

THE RUFSTANG IS BACK HOME AGAIN!! IN MY DRIVEWAY!!

I have to bring it back to the shop tomorrow so they can install the window louvers - and the stripe guy can't put the stripes on until Monday or Tuesday - but IT'S HOME!! :banana piano: :hyper: :banana piano:

We brought it to the Ford store to have it aligned and the UCA adjusted. The guys in the shop love what's been done. Thumbs up all around.

The Bassanis are sweet! Up around 4,000 rpms, they come to life, daddy!

While I'm very sorry I had a wreck, my baby looks better than ever!

I'm going to wash it this afternoon and then finish up a roll of film tomorrow and post some pics. :happy feet:

:happy feet: :bandance: :happy feet: :bandance: :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

I have to bring it back to the shop tomorrow so they can install the window louvers - and the stripe guy can't put the stripes on until Monday or Tuesday - but IT'S HOME!! :banana piano: :hyper: :banana piano:

We brought it to the Ford store to have it aligned and the UCA adjusted. The guys in the shop love what's been done. Thumbs up all around.

I'm going to wash it this afternoon and then finish up a roll of film tomorrow and post some pics. :happy feet:

Congrats MAN!!! PICS PICS PICS!!!

I am looking forward to the photo shoot. :happy feet:

is it tomorrow yet? :banana piano:

Well, allright!!!! Congrats, my friend!

That's gotta feel good!

Now all we need are pics pics pics pics pics

;-)

Thanks, y'all.

It's been an emotional day.

I parked the car in front of the Ford/Toyota store while Christine looked at some...Matrix?? Small Toyotas. A few of the salesmen who were around when I bought the car came out and were complementing the rebuild. One of them said leave the side stripe off...I think it's going back on.

Whew. What a ride home!!

hey ruf tell the wife i'll make her a good deal on a low milage newly re-built beautiful sonic blue 2004 mustang coupe v-6 (better on gas ) . :hysterical2:

only 23,000 gently drove miles and i'll even throw in a new bottle of zano !!!

a man can dream right ? :banghead:

just a thought :ohsnap:

phil

She had an '01 V6 Mustang a couple of years ago.

This car will be for our daughter, Macie.

She's 16 and needs some wheels.

(I doubt a new car - but I just keep quiet and let everyone dream!)

Matter of fact, I just watched my daughter leave the driveway with her first real boyfriend on their way to dinner. He got his license today. :banghead: He's been given his grandfather's LeBaron Vert. He and I had a little "talk" mano a mano before they left....

She had an '01 V6 Mustang a couple of years ago.

This car will be for our daughter, Macie.

She's 16 and needs some wheels.

(I doubt a new car - but I just keep quiet and let everyone dream!)

Matter of fact, I just watched my daughter leave the driveway with her first real boyfriend on their way to dinner. He got his license today. :banghead: He's been given his grandfather's LeBaron Vert. He and I had a little "talk" mano a mano before they left....

Finally the ordeal is over!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Congrats Ruf, it's been a long wait for ya. Glad to see you got her back. Bet it felt real good to slide behind the wheel again!!! :happy feet: Now we need some pics!!!

Thanks, Jim - I know you understand.

I've been feeling like I hurt one of my kids.

It feels very comforting to see the car in the driveway.

I was a little tentative driving home - but I picked up the wife and took her for a ride. After a few minutes, she turned to me and said - "hit it." I did. She smiled. :rockon:

Ruf still Rocks.

Edit: Mark - where you been? The Moon? Good to have you back with us, you hear?

I was a little tentative driving home - but I picked up the wife and took her for a ride. After a few minutes, she turned to me and said - "hit it." I did. She smiled. :rockon:

Ruf still Rocks.

Hey Ruf,

Dont forget to edit the mods in your sig thingy. But Pics first. Then post a Where's Waldo for the hidden....what was it you said? Spoiler or 2? See who can find it first!

PS. Dont forget one of the mods was brick wall! That spawned all the other mods!

PS. I was the first to say CONGRATS to RUF! Before he got it...so does that count? If not....I think I was second. Who cares. I am either 0-the hero, since my Congrats wasnt 1st, the car wasnt ready! Thus 0 or...I am 2nd-the best!.....3rd...ur a nerd

Ruf still Rocks.

Hey Ruf,

Dont forget to edit the mods in your sig thingy. But Pics first. Then post a Where's Waldo for the hidden....ok ok DISCREET...what was it you said? Spoiler or 2? See who can find it first!

PS. Dont forget one of the mods was brick wall! That spawned all the other mods!

PS. I was the first to say CONGRATS to RUF! Before he got it...so does that count? If not....I think I was second. Who cares. I am either 0-the hero, since my Congrats wasnt 1st, the car wasnt ready! Thus 0 or...I am 2nd-the best!.....3rd...ur a nerd

Mad - I've edited my sig. Mods are current! (The Wall isn't a mod....)

Thanks for the congrats!! You're on my short list - and it's a very short list!

Mark - that link is mysterious - how about some pics? Were you on a sub? Oh, Daddy!!

Mad - I've edited my sig. Mods are current! (The Wall isn't a mod....)

Thanks for the congrats!! You're on my short list - and it's a very short list!

Mark - that link is mysterious - how about some pics? Were you on a sub? Oh, Daddy!!

BTW Big time Congrats on the return of the one and only Rufstang!

More links:

Research expedition

Expedition pictures

Archived