TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

I know it, Dan. There's always the Rest of the Story.

The beat goes on, my friend.

Shelygrl - You can hang out with us anytime you like, darlin. You and Dave are One of Us, you hear?

Man - he's just acting like Mr. Big Stuff jetting all around! I know he's enjoying the sights and sounds - but I also know he'd rather be home with y'all just watching the tube and eating popcorn! (and cruisin in the Mustang)

Me? I'm focusing on getting back on the highway on Monday - and the upcoming car show in 2 weeks. I'm trying to focus on the positive.

Christine's been very supportive through all of this.

Although - I'm not a good passenger in a car wherein she realizes I'm a captive audience! :finger:

I'll hear the Bassanis in a matter of days.....give me an Amen!!!

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it, Dan. There's always the Rest of the Story.

The beat goes on, my friend.

Shelygrl - You can hang out with us anytime you like, darlin. You and Dave are One of Us, you hear?

Man - he's just acting like Mr. Big Stuff jetting all around! I know he's enjoying the sights and sounds - but I also know he'd rather be home with y'all just watching the tube and eating popcorn! (and cruisin in the Mustang)

Me? I'm focusing on getting back on the highway on Monday - and the upcoming car show in 2 weeks. I'm trying to focus on the positive.

Christine's been very supportive through all of this.

Although - I'm not a good passenger in a car wherein she realizes I'm a captive audience! :finger:

I'll hear the Bassanis in a matter of days.....give me an Amen!!!

Amen to that :headspin::headspin: Thanks for letting me hang out....It gets tough at times but I pull thru....I am glad things are working our for you getting license back.........Things will look up...... Badboy says hello to everyone....Just talked to him...Wanted me to let you know he did meet Amy at Shelby Auto's. He said she is an awesome person!!! Everyone at Shelby was super nice to him...He also met Jennifer Lopez last night, and in his words "had more fun meeting Amy than J LO".....That tells me alot!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Ruf Post #1584 helped me remember this. As I told you, my best friend killed himself.

That day he called me, he was one hurting son of gun. He even told me he was going to, but I was busy I told him I could swing by later that day and we'd talk, maybe have a beer and hangout for a bit. Last thing I said to him was "Don't do anything foolish, give me a few hours, I'll be there. Well It was four hours past and when I got there he was hanging in a closet from a dog leach ...... My suggestion to anyone reading this is, if you know of anyone that talks suicide don't give them time to, get them help. No matter how much time you "think" they have. This brings back such strong sad memories.

Good advice. I'm sorry my news brought back the memories, my friend.

We're off to the bodyshop to see about progress.

It sounds like BadBoy's having a good time. Wish we all were there!

So Sorry to hear about your friend Ruf.

In the big picture a car is just a car. Rufstang will ride again soon. Just being there for him may help.

I always tell my children Life is good, and any time you need to talk I am here. All problems can be solved if you try.

A good friend can help. Maybe you can prevent another tradegy by being there for him.

Lets hope those that leave us don't get forgotten. If there is anything I can do, let me know. :)

So Sorry to hear about your friend Ruf.

In the big picture a car is just a car. Rufstang will ride again soon. Just being there for him may help.

I always tell my children Life is good, and any time you need to talk I am here. All problems can be solved if you try.

A good friend can help. Maybe you can prevent another tradegy by being there for him.

Lets hope those that leave us don't get forgotten. If there is anything I can do, let me know. :)

I agree . Cars are material things...Being there for your friend will hopefully ease some of the pain he is going thru...I cant even begin to think what kind of pain that is....Friends are wonderful friends.....Just be there for him....Take care...

Thanks, y'all.

My buddy stopped by the shop today and asked the boss to ask me if I minded waiting until he comes back on Monday so he can finish my car.

I told them no problem. He needs to finish the job, I think. He's meticulous. And he needs some feeling of continuity.

I'll see him tomorrow night.

The paint guy apologized for not getting the left front right the first time. Something about flecs of clear coat in the nozzle. He said he was trying to get it "perfect."

I'm so lucky to have a shop that really understands what cars mean to "us." :rockon:

Agreed.

But then, how do you explain how some folks buy ubiquitous means of transportation?

Vis a Vie - Silver minivans - Corollas - Surburbans? :hysterical2:

I mean - what is someone trying to say about themselves when they buy and drive an Expedition?

Are they rugged and tough?

Not the soccer moms who drive them around my 'hood - while they have the cell phone cradled in their shoulders! :hysterical2:

Hey ruf, I like all the others am deeply sorry to hear about such a tragedy on a site that is supposed to be fun. My opinion is that you need to keep the pressure on this poor fellow and maybe that will keep his mind somewhat occupied. I know from experience that keeping your mind off of a catastropic injury or death does help. I'll keep you in my prayers to give you the strength to help him however needs it. Also GT500E and Grabber you guys will also be in my prayers for your losses. P.S. the site is fun and I can't seem to keep away from it even tho I don't post much. Take care

Welcome SSguy!

This site is like life. It's a mixture of all sorts of emotions.

We share here our triumphs - our defeats - and everything in between.

We have fun - we cry.

But - mostly, we're here for each other and our passion for Mustangs.

Good to have you with us, you hear?

And - this is much cheaper than seeing a shrink! And probably better!

Ruf -

Here, lemme rephrase my statement:

"Cars are most peoples extention of personality"

I love my Explorer because it's bitchin, and it's got a big back seat (Oh yeah!)

I love my '76 because it's gonna haul ass, and it'll be a chick magnet (hopefully)

Welcome SSguy!

This site is like life. It's a mixture of all sorts of emotions.

We share here our triumphs - our defeats - and everything in between.

We have fun - we cry.

But - mostly, we're here for each other and our passion for Mustangs.

Good to have you with us, you hear?

And - this is much cheaper than seeing a shrink! And probably better!

Ruf -

Thanks Ruf, good to be here :banana piano:

Just remember - dads who have young daughters were once guys your age....... :hysterical2:

I picked up a date once in my VW Bug - dad looked at it and said, "fine car, young man."

Later that night, at the Drive-In Movie, I got a leg cramp in the backseat..... :rockon:

Just remember - dads who have young daughters were once guys your age....... :hysterical2:

I picked up a date once in my VW Bug - dad looked at it and said, "fine car, young man."

Later that night, at the Drive-In Movie, I got a leg cramp in the backseat..... :rockon:

You're not kidding. As soon as I found out my first born was to be a girl, I knew I was in trouble. Everything I did in highschool was going to come back and get me!! :headspin::headspin:

Another - I picked up a date in my Austin-Healy 3000 (1960 model). Dad thought it was cool.

I traded cars with my buddy (about a '56 olds 88) at the burger joint - and off to the drive-in we go.

Well - never saw the movie - but lost my virginity.

I drop her off and go to meet my buddy back at the Burger Joint. Only car in the lot is a patrol car.

He asks me who I am, then tells me to meet him at HQ.

My buddy totaled my Healy.

Lots of lessons learned that night...

Another - I picked up a date in my Austin-Healy 3000 (1960 model). Dad thought it was cool.

I traded cars with my buddy (about a '56 olds 88) at the burger joint - and off to the drive-in we go.

Well - never saw the movie - but lost my virginity.

I drop her off and go to meet my buddy back at the Burger Joint. Only car in the lot is a patrol car.

He asks me who I am, then tells me to meet him at HQ.

My buddy totaled my Healy.

Lots of lessons learned that night...

Jinkes Scoob, that's one hell of a story. What did your buddy do to your Healy?

Nope. Hopefully by Tues or Wed.

I don't know where this female car reference thing got started - but mine does not feel or drive like a woman!

If it was a woman - she'd be an awfully bad girl. :hysterical2:

A real bad, bad girl. Black is beautiful. :hysterical::hysterical:

HSURB

Nope. Hopefully by Tues or Wed.

I don't know where this female car reference thing got started - but mine does not feel or drive like a woman!

If it was a woman - she'd be an awfully bad girl. :hysterical2:

Bad enough to punish?

One way to find out, Kobra.

Let's line 'em up!

Orf's going to shoot some video on our upcoming gathering in Kitty Hawk in April. (about 10 cars expected so far)

I'll see if he can shoot us doing some drive-by's - so y'all can see the cars and hear the various exhaust sounds.

Probably set up so we'll be doing the 1-2 shift right before passing the camera?

Funny thing. We don't get the chance to hear how our car's sound from outside. When I got a ride in SCGT's Shelby last week, it was surprisingly quiet. But when he took Christine for a ride - man - it sounded like a beast from my yard!

I passed Christine while she was in her car once and she said my car sounded very strong. Inside - all I really hear is the engine.

By the way - Christine had another observation after riding with SCGT. She said his car pulled harder than mine - but she liked how our's has more "engine sound" than his Shelby. Perhaps the Weeeee of the blower drowns out the regular engine sounds?

:hysterical2: ...you sure you're only 17 KII? You're cool.

Hold on, lemme check. Yep, I'm 17. It'll be 18 in 9 months :headspin:

One way to find out, Kobra.

Let's line 'em up!

Man, that'd be a blast. If only we could get together. I think me and some people are going road-trippin' Senior year Spring Break. I think I know where we're going too. I'll give you a hint, it's initials are NC :hyper:

...whining for more?...

Apparently, someone is feeling froggy?.... :hysterical2:

Kobra - y'all come on down, you hear?

We're just a bunch of good 'ol boys - and don't know much about fast cars.... :hysterical2:

Kicking butt? You Yankees better tighten up your belts if you come on down South, hear? :hyper:

Archived