TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

Sheesh.

It's a Man Thing.

They tingle when you're faced with DEATH!

Okay? :finger:

Want me to tell you how fast SCGT drove during our "little" test ride?

OMFG. :hysterical2:

I think Christine just sent you an email........

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, yeah, right, so you haven't had "them" tingle on a big-time coaster, 65 Boy? :finger:

65...yeah, in 2nd gear....you had my eyelids peeling back in 3rd.....

weeeeee goes the blower.....weeeeee goes Ruf's nuts....

I don't have 600 hp - but I owe you a "ride" in Kitty Hawk next month....and we'll see if I can "tingle" you...

Im on the road and I neeeeeeed myyyy fixxxxx!!!!!! [My name Is dave and IIIIIM an GT 500 junkieeeeeeeeee] Hi dave.............Welcome......he he he ... But Im serious on the 500 junkie thing!!!!!!!!! The pain ...OOOO... the pain...

Dave - when you get to Washington, will you be near Grabber?? I'm sure he'd want to meet you.

Pics of the louvers very soon. Hopefully they'll be on today...

Joe - good to have you back. We just got a little out of control for a while. Poopy's fault. (as usual)

Dave - when you get to Washington, will you be near Grabber?? I'm sure he'd want to meet you.

Pics of the louvers very soon. Hopefully they'll be on today...

Joe - good to have you back. We just got a little out of control for a while. Poopy's fault. (as usual)

Hey Ruf,

Figured I would reply for Badboy for now.,,,He is in Vegas and who knows when he will be back on forum....Anyways, he will be about 2 hours from Grabber.....He probably wont get a chance this week (Only in Washington for 1 day this time around)...However, hopefully when he heads back to do job, they can get together.......I know Badboy would love that....Hope the job allows him to slip away for a bit..

Anyways, he did arrive safely in Vegas......Will be there until Thursday night then off to Seattle, then back to Virginia........

Whew.

Too much for me!

Tell him to be safe and play nice in his Shelby when he gets back to the crib.

Will do....Dont know when he will be back,,,I might have to play nice with the Shelby ....Weather is turning for the good!!!!!!!!! He will love that ;)

Yes, the weather.

80's here in 2 days.

Just back from the bodyshop.

Bummer. The car hasn't been touched since Friday.

I didn't even go inside to discuss it. Wrong sort of mood for that!

It's becoming clear that the Huey may need to be rolled out and fueled. :rant:

The guy who's been working on my car came home last night and found his wife had committed suicide.

I"m not sure what to say to him.

Christine was supposed to bring her to the dentist this morning.

They talked last night.

Sheesh. I feel sick. Why do people do that?

Getting my license back on Monday.

The guy who's been working on my car came home last night and found his wife had committed suicide.

They talked last night.

That's horrible. I'm not sure what to say... I'll pray for him and his family.

Good news on the license.

They talked last night.

Words don't even begin to convey the thoughts.

I hope all involved come through this ok.

- Tony

Thanks, y'all.

The human mind is still very mysterious.

I'd love the $26k engine - wonder what the warranty is? 200 laps? They don't list hp....?

68 Fastback would Love this one! :banana piano:

BadBoy - where the hell are you? Still in Vegas?

Speak to me, son.

Wow Ruf, that really bites. My best friend killed himself and to me that was a shock I never want to experience again. It still hurts after 5 years. I can't imagine my wife doing that. OMG the guy must be divested Only thing anyone can do is express condolences and move on.

Damn that brings back sick feelings Best of luck to him and his.

They talked last night.

Ruf - So sorry to hear about this. Is this the guy we met last Friday while at the shop looking at the car? Bill says it is. We will put he and his family in our prayers.

As for what you say, just let him know your a friend and there for him if need be. I hate to say this, but I think your cars on hold for a few more days unless the shop puts someone else on the job.

Remember that problem about things happening in threes. I think you're there Hun.

Glad to hear that you'll be getting to drive legally real soon.

They talked last night.

Ruf,

She was hurting so bad she had to end it. When this happens to a person, they are truley sick. Something happens in the brain. I studied it and joined a group after my brother died (he did it too). I am available to talk anytime about it, if it would help anyone.

Rob

No one can say for sure why someone would take their own life. I imagine because they have no hope, feel overwhelmed, seeing no relief for their pain or an unimaginable situation.

It is a cliche but it applies, just knowing you care is enough for a grieving person. The worst is saying you know how they feel.

This is one of those things that should give us all pause to ponder if there is anyone we know who is suffering. We all need to look out for one another, thats why were here to help one another where we can. :angel:

Yes - you met her husband, Co-Pilot.

I'm going to wait a day or two before calling.

He has family coming up from FL.

She had called Christine last night to talk - but our daughter took a mesage and Chrisine got the machine when she called back.

Now Christine worries that she might have prevented it from happening if they'd talked. Whew!

Thanks Tana & Rob.

For a small town, we do have drama....

BadBoy - where the hell are you? Still in Vegas?

Speak to me, son.

Hey Ruf...

Badboy still in Vegas....He is staying at Ballys, which I hate to tell you the nightly rate he is paying and no internet...You would think for the nightly rate they charge for the tradeshow they would include internet...Anyways, he is in Vegas until tomorrow afternoon, then flys to Seattle to look at a job in Lakewood, then Friday flies back to Virginia to finish up that job....Still has to drive to Tennessee before he comes home.....If Im lucky I will see him before summers end :hysterical2: ....Anyways, he is having fun in Vegas while working also...Today he was at Shelby Autos for the morning before the trade show......I will let him describe for everyone...Dont want to burst his bubble to much.....Im sure once he gets to Seattle tomorrow night, he will catch up with the forums....He misses it!!!!

There, did I babble to much? Have been with two kids all day, no adult interaction

Yes - you met her husband, Co-Pilot.

I'm going to wait a day or two before calling.

He has family coming up from FL.

She had called Christine last night to talk - but our daughter took a mesage and Chrisine got the machine when she called back.

Now Christine worries that she might have prevented it from happening if they'd talked. Whew!

Thanks Tana & Rob.

For a small town, we do have drama....

Ruf, been following this ...just nothing to say that hasn't been said. Just let him know you're there for him -- who knows what problems underlie this...

So sad...

Archived