• Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, boy - lots of stuff goin' on here.

Co-pilot recovering -

Bad Boy getting some well-deserved downtime -

Mark has a great pit stop -

Kobra has his grille -

Mastersmech has cookie farts -

And I'm driving a Chevy Cargo Van in an attempt to confuse my neighbors! :hysterical2:

The house is a wreck. Boxes and stuff everywhere (except my office which is off-limits).

Just about time to Go Racin' Boys!

My family is back where they belong. Ruf is at peace, once again.

Thanks to all of you for your support. It ain't been easy, y'all.

I don't have much real family left - but this group feels like the real deal. :wub:

Oh, boy - lots of stuff goin' on here.

Co-pilot recovering -

Bad Boy getting some well-deserved downtime -

Mark has a great pit stop -

Kobra has his grille -

Mastersmech has cookie farts -

And I'm driving a Chevy Cargo Van in an attempt to confuse my neighbors! :hysterical2:

The house is a wreck. Boxes and stuff everywhere (except my office which is off-limits).

Just about time to Go Racin' Boys!

My family is back where they belong. Ruf is at peace, once again.

Thanks to all of you for your support. It ain't been easy, y'all.

I don't have much real family left - but this group feels like the real deal. :wub:

So glad to hear that things are looking up for you!!!

Downtime for Shlbygrl???????? Yea when I go grocery shopping without the kids,,, :lol: Oh well When spring comes around, gonna have to burn more of the tires for Badboy :lol::lol: Shhhhhh....Dont tell him.....He probably will be on the road again ...He He He

Well, the soda thing fell through. I'm off the energy drinks, but I'm back to soda.

Got my car back together, except for this magical hickey in my fender... Guess it's from a tree limb, we had a real bad ice storm a couple weeks ago.

At least I don't have a hole the front of my Explorer now

Kobra - ignore these strange guys!

Did your grille fit well?

We need PICS!

Yes, Mark - a new car. Once i get it back - it never happened!

Hey Ruf!!!

You need to get this for your car once you get it back.

Bumpernuts

Show em the Rufstang is back better than ever and has some serious b***s!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Ruf,

According to my father, the grille fit like a dream! That's after a couple hours of grinding... I guess that's what you get when you buy a Taiwanese made grille. Pics will be a couple of days, all because I was just feelin' a little lazy to take them today...

-Cliff

Buy your dad a 12 pack, Cliff!

Pics when you get 'em, you hear?

Just got back from my once a week night class - it's hard to keep the kids from dozing after 8 pm!

Springs didn't come today.

I'm going to stop by the body shop tomorrow. I hope they're making progress.

I may have to squeeze one of them real hard if they haven't..... :finger:

Are the Eibachs similar to the Steeda Sports? I'm having second thoughts about lowering because of the change to the steering geometry and offset with the stock front A arms and non adjustable panhard. Yours was already lowered wasn't it? Did you notice a difference in the handling or turning? Was it easier to turn in one direction versus another? Just asking.... love the look though! :happy feet:

Yes, Bill - Ruf is getting impatient!

Mark - yes, the steering effort increased with the lowering springs. I'm not fluent in geometry, so I can't give you specifics. I'm sure I should have added other front end parts to maintain proper angles for the front end.

I'm adding the rear Sportlines for appearance only.

Springs came in!

And the last of the Stealth Bulbs :happy feet:

I dropped off the springs at the shop and he's got the front end torn apart (pics forthcoming). Very painful to view...he said one strut is bent - but he's authorizing 2 new ones!

Not sure how long it's gonna be yet, but at least we're movin' forward...

Body shop guy loves the car - thinks the rear springs will look good.

Stay tuned.

Springs came in!

And the last of the Stealth Bulbs :happy feet:

I dropped off the springs at the shop and he's got the front end torn apart (pics forthcoming). Very painful to view...he said one strut is bent - but he's authorizing 2 new ones!

Not sure how long it's gonna be yet, but at least we're movin' forward...

Body shop guy loves the car - thinks the rear springs will look good.

Stay tuned.

Right on Ruff. Progress is good. Glad they are catching everything to make it perfect again.

Grabber

Rob - don't think I'm forgetting about your car - cause I'm not!

I just figure it'll make it worse if I keep asking you about it.

I think about your ride every day! I'm just waiting for the Post that announces her arrival! :happy feet:

If I had any frequent flyer miles, I'd be there!

Bodyshop update:

The right front fender is on - radiator/ac, etc is on -

Tomorrow - new struts/knuckles - and the springs go on (I'm having them install the Sportlines front and rear - so I have a set of FRPP springs for sale - drops the car 1.5 all around).

Rims/tires go on tomorrow so they can get the car on the frame straightener and check it out - then paint and louvers/spoiler/exhaust/hitch.

Looks like maybe Wed next week.

Bodyshop update:

Tomorrow - new struts/knuckles - and the springs go on (I'm having them install the Sportlines front and rear - so I have a set of FRPP springs for sale - drops the car 1.5 all around).

Rims/tires go on tomorrow so they can get the car on the frame straightener and check it out - then paint and louvers/spoiler/exhaust/hitch.

Good deal....Stonewall :hysterical2:

You're cool, Snoop. All is forgiven.

Dan - what's very cool is how the guys at the bodyshop feel about the car. They just love it. The owner has done all he can do to replace parts for me while it's there. I mean anything that even got scratched is getting replaced. (they have a Ferrari 348 in for some paint work - and the owner told me I take care of my car better than that guy does!)

(and I can't even discuss some other stuff....!)

These guys work on cars all the time. When they act like your car is something special - it's very cool.

I may get to hear the new Bassani's tomorrow!

Oh, Daddy! :happy feet:

Bodyshop update:

Sounds like the Rufstang is coming together even better than before! :happy feet:

Hi Mark -

I'm having a hard time sleeping!

I think the car is going to look bad ass!

How cool is it to have a second chance to re-design your ride?

This car is going to come out of this as the meanest, coolest ride I've ever owned.

And I'm 56 year's old! :hysterical2:

Spring is coming and that means car shows!

Lots of cars are faster - but my Black low-rider is gonna spank some ricers! :happy feet:

Hi Mark -

I'm having a hard time sleeping!

I think the car is going to look bad ass!

How cool is it to have a second chance to re-design your ride?

This car is going to come out of this as the meanest, coolest ride I've ever owned.

And I'm 56 year's old! :hysterical2:

Spring is coming and that means car shows!

Lots of cars are faster - but my Black low-rider is gonna spank some ricers! :happy feet:

well, allright!!! RUFstang-II rocks!!! Soon! :beerchug:

Archived