TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, 90!

I think I'm going with the Kazera's - 18's - (8.5 f - 9.5 r) - and BFG KDW2's - 255x45 and 285x40 in the rear.

If I was buying long lasting tires, I'd worry about rotatiing them. I do like the rear lip look.

Nice!!! They should look hot on your car, make sure you post pics when you get them on!!! :happy feet:

Well...this is the risky part - trying to picture how it will look. The stripe is easy to remove and doesn't cost much.

The rims/tires...gulp. I'm not sure - but at some point you gotta take that leap of faith.

Regardless - I'll post pics and let y'all judge for yourselves.

The Jaz rims are classy - but these Kazeras look more...racey?

Time for the rack, my buds.

Keep it straight, you hear? :redcard:

Grabber - I've been following your thread - just don't have any words to make it better for you.

We're all feeling your pain. It will come - soon.

Yeah - I'm going to post pics of the process as it moves along.

I'm taking more tomorrow.

It's not easy looking at it the way it is now...

Man - I hope they look good.

I use a 35 mm camera - so I have to use up the roll before I can scan and post some pics.

Maybe Tues or Wed.

Rims are supposed to be here Thurs.

It feels like its been months since I drove it...

Grabber - I've been following your thread - just don't have any words to make it better for you.

We're all feeling your pain. It will come - soon.

Yeah - I'm going to post pics of the process as it moves along.

I'm taking more tomorrow.

It's not easy looking at it the way it is now...

I am just wanting to see your ride put back together. What is the ET of completion ?

It looks like a week from tomorrow or Tuesday - depends on how much then find wrong with the suspension tomorrow.

I just bought a pair of Silverstars! Can't wait to "see" the difference.

I'm tickled I'm having the GT fenger badges removed. He had told me a month ago he'd have to paint the fenders to do it then - so I decided against it. I think it's going to look slicker without them on.

Why aren't you out playing? Bad weather?

I just took down the Christmas Tree! :hysterical2:

Your new avatar threw me. :hysterical2:

I am glad to hear that the Rufstang will ride very soon. It is cool that you get to re-do a few things to make it even more special than it was before. Kind of like a second chance to do things a little different. That oppertunity would not of presented itself had this mishap not occurred. That seems to be one of the brite sides of this situation.

The weather has been on and off cloudy and rainy here with a few sun breaks. Not nice enough to take the Harley out for a ride so I have been working in my yard. I enjoy making the yard look nice, and with an acre, there is plenty to do. I listen to music while I do it, and find it takes my mind off things. I am trying to get all the seasonal types of yard work done early, because this spring and summer I will be spending alot of time doing car related activities with the Mustangs and my family.

Last year, I did not get a chance to put my boat in the water (doctors orders) or go water sking due to my bout with Cancer, so I have some water skiing & camping to catch up on too. This summer will be filled great stuff....I can feel it.

Wow. Glad to hear you can ski this summer.

My days of that are over. My two crunched discs won't let me do a lot of things I used to do.

I love the water. I've had a 25' sailboat that I used as therapy for all the technology in my life.

Looks like that boat can yank you around real quick!

Yeah - I thought the avatar would get a few questions! How I LOVE driving it.... :banghead:

Okay - here's a challenge for y'all.

My old rims are coming off. One is bent in a major way - and two others are scuffed at the lip enough for the adjuster to call them a loss.

So - I'm going to have 4 rims (and 3 good Toyo's) on my hands.

I might try Ebay for the 3 tires (4k on them).

Or - maybe I can do some sort of yard art with the rims/tires. (I have access to a welding class at the College that loves to work on projects)

Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe stack the rims two high on both sides of the mailbox post?

Or - in the backyard, line them up about six feet apart and sink them in the ground in a progressive way (further and further in the ground?). :hysterical2:

My old rims are coming off. One is bent in a major way - and two others are scuffed at the lip enough for the adjuster to call them a loss.

Or - maybe I can do some sort of yard art with the rims/tires. (I have access to a welding class at the College that loves to work on projects)

Any ideas?

Or - in the backyard, line them up about six feet apart and sink them in the ground in a progressive way (further and further in the ground?). :hysterical2:

Or nice table for the shop. That avatar is soooo wrong

Grabber, is that picture from the channeled scablands in Western Washington or western Oregon? Look like fun.

That is my favorite lake in Central Oregon. It is called Lake Billy Chinook. It is fed by the Deshutes, the Crooked River and the Metolius river.

Any ideas?

Let me refer you to Jeff Foxworthy's saying "You might be a redneck if...."

Yes, you should know, Agatha Christie Boy!

Wifey is still packing to come back - but she's apparently having an MS relapse. So - I did her laundry today. Poor kid. We watched the NASCAR race last night.

I'll get an estimated ETD from my body shop guru tomorrow. Probably 7 or 8 days.

Where's Co-pilot been? I haven't seen her around much.

Has she engaged Vette Boy down the street yet?

And - what's up with your car? You don't talk much about it.

What's the alternative? White Stripes?

Where you been all day. I've been lonely.

edit: Dan - how's your weather been? I haven't looked this weekend? do you go out and get some winter shots with snow and ice and such?

It's been a bizarre winter -- no snow!

I might go down to the Saugerties lighthouse on the Hudson tomorrow and get some ice-floe shots -- it's been a boring winter photographically...

I went to the bodyshop this morning.

Apparently I scraped the bottoms of the exhaust tips a bit - they feel like I'll be able to get new axle backs. I might try the Bassani SS Race mufflers.

If that happens, I'll sell the Bassani Stainless SS's - cheap!

You can see the scrape marks unless you look underneath.

It might be the end of next week before I get it back - depends on how fast they can get the parts.

Archived