TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. You know I like it simple.

I like what I have now, but it takes me quite a while to clean all the flippin' spokes.

This rim is one of only a few that has a good sized polished center and black spokes. Most black spokes Ive seen are too black.

Hmmm...interesting.

I don't remember seeing them listed for Mustangs.

I shall check it out!

Thanks -

edit: I did. While they're sweet - I think I need a polished lip and centers - a little too much black on these.

Does anyone have any experience with GoodYear Eagle F-1's? (GS-D3)

Thanks, Wedgie Boy!

Mark - yes, I like the smooth lip. The fake bolts, to me, would be hard to keep clean - and phony unless you have the real things for $1k+ a rim.

Three rims are wasted - so unless I see something more interesting, it's these.

I ordered the two grilles this afternoon.

They're going to take apart the front end tomorrow and check for front suspension damage.

My guy says he wants to make sure AllState pays to get everything just as it was.

(I did a small favor for him that involved a gambling debt a few years ago....)

Ruf -

Don't know. It won't be a deal breaker, though.

Rims are a tough one to decide on. TireRack has the graphic that lets you "see" them on the car - but it isn't the same as in person.

I want to be a little different - but not...ugly?

Hmmm...interesting.

I don't remember seeing them listed for Mustangs.

I shall check it out!

Thanks -

edit: I did. While they're sweet - I think I need a polished lip and centers - a little too much black on these.

Does anyone have any experience with GoodYear Eagle F-1's? (GS-D3)

No problem, just trying to throw some ideas out there. Here's a little more info on the wheel you like from Tirerack.

Kazera KZ-A

I selected a staggered size so you could run a larger tire in the rear but you may want to stay with the same size on all four so you can rotate the tires.

What's nice is they are a light weight rim, only 22lbs for the 18X8.5 inch.

Thanks, 90 -

I'm thinking this time keep the size the same - rotating might get me more miles on the tires. The only advantage I can tell from a staggered setup is looks. I like the rear lip - but the Mustang is nose heavy.

Thanks, 90 -

I'm thinking this time keep the size the same - rotating might get me more miles on the tires. The only advantage I can tell from a staggered setup is looks. I like the rear lip - but the Mustang is nose heavy.

I hear ya on that one. I went with a staggered set up but if I had to do it all over again I would get all the same size. Not being able to rotate the tires is going to suck!!! I'm just waiting for spring before I put my wheels on.

...one out of two...very funny, Commander!

Got some good news this morning. They're going to paint both front fenders, so the GT badging is coming off! :happy feet:

Rims/Tires will be $1850 shipped including the road hazard deal.

My guy says he wants to make sure AllState pays to get everything just as it was.

(I did a small favor for him that involved a gambling debt a few years ago....)

How big was this "favor" you did?? You think he'd be willing to say that the (non-existant) add-on Rouchcharger needs to be "replaced" as well?? :banana piano:

...one out of two...very funny, Commander!

Got some good news this morning. They're going to paint both front fenders, so the GT badging is coming off! :happy feet:

Rims/Tires will be $1850 shipped including the road hazard deal.

So you went with the Kazera's ??? Very nice, guess I won't post the other wheels I found since you already made up your mind. Can't wait to see the car once it's all done.

The favor - just a collection...

I haven't yet ordered the rims/tires, 90. I've got to do some more shopping.

Insurance might cover the replacement rims - if not, I'll get the money needed for the OEM's.

REVERB_granite_b.jpg

Axis Reverb, light weight and very similar to the Kazera but with slightly smaller spokes.

Link to the site: Axis Reverb

$1400 for a set of 18X8.5's. Comes in Silver, Black with the polished lip, and Anthracite with polished lip.

REVERB_granite_b.jpg

Axis Reverb, light weight and very similar to the Kazera but with slightly smaller spokes.

Link to the site: Axis Reverb

$1400 for a set of 18X8.5's. Comes in Silver, Black with the polished lip, and Anthracite with polished lip.

There's even a Mustang pictured on the site link with these wheels - not bad.

What's with the trend of putting the mfgr name on the wheel?

I like these - but they're about $100 a rim more than the Kazera's. Dunno.

I suppose one could have the brand name painted over.

I don't need no stinking labels. :rant:

You could get them painted the same color as your stripes, that may look cool. :idea:

:hysterical2: Good idea. Actually, I was thinking about changing the color of the stripe to more of a polished aluminum color to match the rims! The stripe guy has the file in his computer. Says he can do a new one in 30 mins.

That will look cool!!! Personally I'd just paint over the name on the wheel so it doesn't show. Figures you find a wheel you like and they have to plaster their name on it in 5 inch letters!!! :banghead:

The rufstang needs some bling, ever think about going chrome????? I would not go with those black ones if I already had a black car. Too much black IMHO. Good luck on the rebuild, hope they do a good job, I have always heard it never rides the same again once you wreck it. I experienced that with my old Tahoe. Never rode the same again after my wife ran into a wall with it. The damage did not look so bad, but the frame was bent and they never did get it back the way it was. I finally had to get rid of the damn thing. I noticed the tires were even getting spots on the inside from wear. It had been to the alignment shop also, but it was just never right again. Good thing they gave us more than it was worth when we bought the Expedition. I don't think they ran the vin to check for accidents. Their bad! Good luck anyway though, that is tough seeing your baby like that.

Thanks - I don't think I have any "frame" damage - just front suspension. I'll know more tomorrow.

Still not sure about the rims.

I'm not a fan of chrome. I think because there are so many bling bling 22's out there that are chrome. And chrome is heavy and expensive.

What I'd like is some Cragar S/S's - but I think they're only available in 17".

Archived