TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

One of our members (a friend who let me drive his Shelby! That won't be happening again anytime soon!) PM'ed me and asked me where I went to Drifting School. :hysterical2:

I confess. It was me who asked.

By the way, I couldn't find a web site for the Throddle, Slyde, and Krasche School of Driving. Do you have the link?

Edit: Spelling Error

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Mark. You're right.

What surprises me is that my first "event" didn't happen in my teens, or 20's - 30's - or even 40's!

Man - I drove that Austin-Healy 3000 like I was James Bond! :hysterical2:

I wanted to go look at the car today - but I couldn't.

I'll go tomorrow.

Don't even ask what kind of rental car I'm driving.... :banghead::redcard:

I hope he doesn't kill me.

He didn't tell me not to say?

So should I?

Is there a man law ruling on this?

He hasn't been around in a while?

He lost a football game, this couldn't be worse?

What do you think?

The Man law says: "If an embarrassing secret is disclosed to a friend in good faith then that friend shouldn't disclose the secret to others."

Let MM tell the story if he wants to. This way you won't betray his trust.

Besides, the beans will get spilled eventually. Let some one else do it!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

The Man law says: "If an embarrassing secret is disclosed to a friend in good faith then that friend shouldn't disclose the secret to others."

Besides, the beans will get spilled eventually. Let some one else do it!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

I would say the cat is already out of the bag, or the poop dog

MM, you need a nut ?

post-6239-1170733435_thumb.jpg

I would say the cat is already out of the bag, or the poop dog

MM, you need a nut ?

How do you find time to Polish all those nuts. :hysterical:

Where did you get them all? Will you use them all? Is there a hardware store by you?

SCGT500, What do you think ?

I took some pics of my car today.

I'll take more as my pit crew puts it back together and then post them here.

The front fenders and hood seem okay. Most of the trauma appears to be the bumper area and behind (radiator).

The headlights survived. Two front rims are toast. (perhaps some 18" rims coming?)

Driving the rental car is interesting. I feel cloaked. Who notices a 4 door Mistubishi? Although today a Hun-day revved up on me at a light.... :hysterical2:

I took some pics of my car today.

I'll take more as my pit crew puts it back together and then post them here.

The front fenders and hood seem okay. Most of the trauma appears to be the bumper area and behind (radiator).

The headlights survived. Two front rims are toast. (perhaps some 18" rims coming?)

Driving the rental car is interesting. I feel cloaked. Who notices a 4 door Mistubishi? Although today a Hun-day revved up on me at a light.... :hysterical2:

>

It's going to be a long few weeks for you my friend, Hope you get her patched up soon.

Mr Drama Queen= SCGT500. No big deal. One of my mufflers came loose at the clamp...talk about drone. I thought I had a first class tech at the Ford store put them as well as my suspension on. :headscratch: Guess I better check the suspension components. :hysterical: Oh well...shit happens.

Mr Drama Queen= SCGT500. No big deal. One of my mufflers came loose at the clamp...talk about drone. I thought I had a first class tech at the Ford store put them as well as my suspension on. :headscratch: Guess I better check the suspension components. :hysterical: Oh well...shit happens.

MM,

On the instructions it says to re-torque the bolts after high temp has been achieved. I noticed mine were a little loose after 10 miles of riding. That might of been your problem.

Woah, Ruf. Sorry to hear about the 'Stang. Happens to the best of us. *cracks open a "drink" (I'm not saying what it is, because the feds might be watching :unsure:). It's funny how those brick walls jump out at you, eh? My pole was pretty quick on it's feet.

EDIT: Thought I'd try to throw in a little humor.

MM,

On the instructions it says to re-torque the bolts after high temp has been achieved. I noticed mine were a little loose after 10 miles of riding. That might of been your problem.

A couple of tack welds would solve that problem.....I will probably do that to mine when I put them on......Later gater

When you are putting on the axle-backs, don't push the muffler all the way up until the stop hits the bottom of the cut-out. I did on one of mine that way and it makes a loud noise every time I have large wheel travel. Its either torquing the hangers or actually hitting a brace. I located the other muffler with stop at the beginning of the cutout and it's quite as a mouse - well as quite as the FRPPs can be. :hysterical2:

I will change the drivers side to match tomorrow and I will let you know if it works.

Archived