TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I need to slow down - that's why I'm test driving it.

My car is dangerous.

Every time I leave a stop light, the rear tires break loose and make a lot of noise.

I need something more....tepid. :hysterical2:

90- I love SRV - but can't you find a more...complimentary pic of him? :redcard:

What a difference a day makes.

Today - I got a request from "someone" to move back in.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... I know I haven't been around as often as before, but what the :censored: have I missed???

If I read you right, the Mrs. is coming home??

If true, you, my friend, have been though a lot this past month. Hope all works out like you want it to.

Here's to you, for all you do... :beerchug:

Some counties here have emissions - others do not. My county doesn't yet. I haven't heard about emissions and cams...??

Ruf -

Er, uh, Bryan, um ..:hysterical:<lol> ...see here, post #8, 2nd para... you know I'm always trying to cover your back, Prof.

The additional overlap and longer duration hotter cams use to get better scavanging are often problematic for emissions. Comp stage-3s are fairly mild tho. Upstate NY here we're ok too... downstate they check.

Actually, I need to slow down - that's why I'm test driving it.

My car is dangerous.

Every time I leave a stop light, the rear tires break loose and make a lot of noise.

I need something more....tepid. :hysterical2:

90- I love SRV - but can't you find a more...complimentary pic of him? :redcard:

You don't like my pic of SRV??? He's jammin!!!

Good Form!

Dan - how did you find that thread?!

Emissions testing may come around here - but it won't be an issue for me.

I've got "people." You know what I'm talkin about?

<lol> for sure ;-)

...I had remembered that post because it was when you were toying with blower-vs-cams ...then I used SU's Search (on "comp3" "emissions") to find it. It actually worked! I was amazed ;-)

PS we still haven't had a snow that actually covers the ground -- amazing!!! Ususally I'm had to snowblow 8 or 10 times by now ...not that I' m complaining ...it's just weird -- should be white out with tall walls of snow on the roads! But it was -10F the other night.

-10?

I can't remember how I dealt with winter in CT.

It was drizzly and in the lower 40's today - and I almost called in sick!

I had my '85 GT in a garage when I was still in CT. and could only take it out a few days a month in the winter.

Killed me.

I wouldn't move back north for anything.

Hey, Mark. Doin' good.

Wifey and daughter are moving back home.

Classes are doing well.

I'm loving this car. Everything about it. I can't afford a Huffer - and don't really mind it. It rips enough as it is for me. (If I had one then had to give it up - different story!) I'm kinda like the big fish in a small pond around here. Not much to go up against. Vette's don't want to play and so I just play by myself now and then.

I'm still waiting for FAST to release their new intake - that might be my last mod other than perhaps some larger tires once these wear down. 4k on them so far and no visible signs of wear, though. I think I've only lit them up about 3 times.

I'm hoping to have new shingles and some siding put on the house in the spring.

How you doin?

Got a sound clip on your exhaust yet?

I know I couldn't sneak out the driveway late at night with mine! She says when I crank it up, the windows vibrate! :hysterical2:

Got a sound clip on your exhaust yet?

I know I couldn't sneak out the driveway late at night with mine! She says when I crank it up, the windows vibrate! :hysterical2:

I'll get one as soon as I get the car back because right now it's getting a 3.73 installed along with the shorties and CAI. :happy feet:

can't wait to get it back.

I think carnut said something about you sportin a woody? :censored::redcard:

:) Ruf,

I am glad to hear the wonderful news on the home front and work front too. That makes the car much more enjoyable too. I am very happy for you.

I might need a favor soon. An Opp to find out about the quality hold and Dave says that Poop dog sh#~ on my back bumper and scratched it.

Woah, the misses is movin back in? Right on, brother. Mine wanted to get back together, but I headed her off at the pass and said nope. She's gotten weird over the past couple of weeks. But, whatever. I don't really care anymore, I got my hands full with a girl twice my age (if you catch my drift :D)

We're way behind schedule wise on my Mustang. She was supposed to be off for paint this time last month, but we see how well that went. We finally got the rear in the air, and some patch panels goin on the quarters. The rear end is out, shouldn't take too much longer to get some nice clean Black and Gold laid on her.

I still gotta get a name for her...

Rob - You're showing great patience. Ford needs to get their act together. Hang tough, my friend, your car will arrive and you'll have many happy days.

Mark - where in hell is your camera?? You're gonna be rippin' it up real soon!

Acorn Boy - don't you like my Woody? :hysterical2:

Kobra - pics - pics - pics! How's the 4x4 coming along?

Forecast looks good for tomorrow and perhaps a coat or two of Zaino!

I've got 3 car shows lined up so far for '07 and others will follow. I'm pumped.

Y'all be safe and rock & roll. Hear? :banana piano:

Ruf,

You just gave me a great idea for tomorrow. I am going to do the clay bar treatment to Tana's GT. I bought that California Mothers kit or whatever the heck it is called. The rain comes back Sunday so tomorrow is it. Shes out in it tonight so it will need a bath to before I start.

I got a pic of the Explorer when I messed her up

l_8f5294b14e5a308239a9c2b9ef7b3677.jpg

The worst damage I done was I pushed in my core support, and the frame horns are bent up, so my bumper sits at a little of an angle. But I can live with that.

I got the bumper and hood on last week. Tomorrow we go to a junk yard to find a header panel and grille to complete her again. Then it's back to pouring all my moneys back into Grandpa Ruf (or mini-Ruf, which ever you perfer, hehe)

Kobra - one piece at a time, my friend. Stick with it.

Rob - clay bar is excellent. Afterwards, Zaino!

The Mothers kit comes with a cleaner wax that it says to use after the clay bar. I tried it on our Ford Escape last week end and it worked pretty good.

What do you all think about that mothers cleaner wax after the clay bar treatment. ?

-10?

I can't remember how I dealt with winter in CT.

It was drizzly and in the lower 40's today - and I almost called in sick!

I had my '85 GT in a garage when I was still in CT. and could only take it out a few days a month in the winter.

Killed me.

I wouldn't move back north for anything.

Finally, snow tonight! Now it's officially winter <lol>

Ol' Pauxy-Phil didn't see his shadow today (15th time in 121 years), so I'm hoping we just skip winter this year.

I've been working on my pictures -- fine art gallery invited me back again this year (yeah!) ...then the director picks just fungi pics (the theme is 'botanicals' but I alsohave soooo many flower pics -- but the art director is the boss ;-)

I start teching my Build Smarter and Save class and the college in a few weeks ...always fun -- got all my repro work in today (it's like the government... they need 2-3 weeks to make copies!!!)

Wish there was some place up here with a dyno shop -- I think I'd become a dyno groupie there! <lol>

Latest Boss rumor: big decision anticipated next week at Ford on which motor for MY'09 Boss -- I think the 5.4 rumor took so much heat that they're reconsidering an alternative (5.0??) Meanwhile they're selling Ford GT motors to the aftermarket and some are already converting them for Mustang use (JDM Engineering)... wouldn't a destroked NA variant based on that be kick?!!! ...unlikely tho ;-(

Take good care of Woody :hysterical:

-Dan

Dan - do you have a link wherein we can view some of your work? Or - would you send me a few samples?

I dabbled in photography a few years ago.

Sent you an e-mail with a couple links to some nature pix on a friend's website.

I really should put up a website for the gallery pix, especially since our daughter is a graphics artist and website developer ...she's also soooo busy -- you know, shoemaker's stepchild and all that <lol> ...eventually I will ;)

Archived