TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

Haha, I fear hitting them whenever I pull up. It's crazy. I think the first thing I get to do after it gets sent off to get paint is help build the motor. Now THAT'll be fun

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Built 302, Crower Stage 3 Street/Strip Cams, possibly GT40 heads and intake. Going for a 10.5 or 11:1 compression ratio. I'd like to see 350 HP at the wheels.

Hello all, I just signed up to the club. I have been coming to the site for several months and decided to join. I have some questions for the "starter" of this thread.

Hi Rufdraft, I see you live in NC. I might be moving there due to a new job. I have a '05 w/ all the normal bolt-on's and want to go with this set-up (pp heads/cams/new FAST or C/L intake whenever they become avail, and so on). I have no problem doing this where I live currecntly because we do not have emissions testing but I researched and found out NC does test every year. I noticed you have added aftermarket cams on your car. I have spoken to several performance shops and all tell me passing emissions would be very difficult if not possible at all with aftermarket cams. How have you faired? Also how would you rate your experience w/ Fastlane motorsports? If anyone else could offer their assistance it would be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance!

Hi Creedog!

Welcome.

Some counties here have emissions - others do not. My county doesn't yet. I haven't heard about emissions and cams...??

I only have axle-backs, so my cats remain intact.

Fastlane Performance is the Real Deal. Check out their website. I was very impressed with their experience and equipment. Give them a call and see for yourself. They're legends in Eastern North Carolina when it comes to Mustangs.

If you have any futher questions about moving here, email me.

oesterreichb@ecu.edu

Ruf -

Yo Ruf, got some updates for ya.

Well, the Mustang is now second priority. I wrecked my Explorer tonight leaving work. Rear end slid out, and centered these concrete poles rear the edges of our parking lot. So far, the damage consists of:

Bumper

Grille

Hood

Bumper mounts are kinked in

I think (and hope) that the radiator is OK, otherwise I'm hoofin it to school

That sucks!

We're glad you're okay - and that the damage is not worse.

Try to keep your spirits up - regardless!

A year from now, think of the sounds you'll hear in your garage!

Again - let us know what's happening.

Ruf -

Heh, the good news is, it's driveable. But, I got the complete list of everything I messed up:

Bumper, Bumper mounts, and everythihg associated with the bumper.

The grille, and the fiberglass piece that goes behind it

The hood, and hood mounts. I actually shoved my hood back, and messed up the latches.

And the front driver side tire started going flat while my father was working.

To be completely fixed, it's going to have to get frame work done (so says my father, and I'd never doubt him). I think that's only for the bumper mounts, because instead of them setting straight, they now set like this ><. And if my memory serves me correct, it also messed up the gaps and stuff with the hood, and fenders.

And we've been getting a lot of SNOW! And our first batch is starting to melt, so that's what caused it. We just got a second helping, and it was good enough to give us the day off school, :D

Heh, the good news is, it's driveable. But, I got the complete list of everything I messed up:

The hood, and hood mounts. I actually shoved my hood back, and messed up the latches.

To be completely fixed, it's going to have to get frame work done (so says my father, and I'd never doubt him). I think that's only for the bumper mounts, because instead of them setting straight, they now set like this ><. And if my memory serves me correct, it also messed up the gaps and stuff with the hood, and fenders.

And we've been getting a lot of SNOW! And our first batch is starting to melt, so that's what caused it. We just got a second helping, and it was good enough to give us the day off school, :D

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Maybe you could make a Pre-Runner out of it and save all that expensive body work.

What a complete drag. I am glad you were not injured. Are you going to save up and fix it, or.......

Keep your spirits up.

...... If they have her endorsement, the wife's signoff isn't far behind. :headspin:

:hysterical2:

Wait till she grows up, then it's "Honey, she needs a computer" and you get to buy a new one or " Honey, she needs her own set of Scuba gear" and you get a new set. You get the picture? Best way to sneak and AFE (authority for expenditure) through! :hysterical:

Wait till she grows up, then it's "Honey, she needs a computer" and you get to buy a new one or " Honey, she needs her own set of Scuba gear" and you get a new set. You get the picture? Best way to sneak and AFE (authority for expenditure) through! :hysterical:

Hmm. I'm going to have to teach her to say "supercharger" then, cause I'm not getting a whole lot of positive feedback from the "decision maker" on that one. :(

What a complete drag. I am glad you were not injured. Are you going to save up and fix it, or.......

Keep your spirits up.

My father's getting up in the morning and going to this junk yard to get all the parts I need. 400 bucks for the bumper and all the parts, header panel, grille, and hood. The good news is, I'm getting some foggie lights! Woop woop!

My father's getting up in the morning and going to this junk yard to get all the parts I need. 400 bucks for the bumper and all the parts, header panel, grille, and hood. The good news is, I'm getting some foggie lights! Woop woop!

I am glad to hear that you and your Dad are going to put your rig back together. Good luck on that project. For kicks, you should do a before and after photo shoot. Just an idea.

Sounds one heck of a great dad. :hyper:

Heh, he got me up at 7:30, hittin me up for starting money! 190 to get it off the ground, and I'll pay him back later in rather large payments, but it's cool. All the parts are coming off of a 97 XLT, same color, so it's all good. I got before and during pics. The before pics are when we got it home, and the during pics are after everything is straightened out so I can drive it. I'll get some pics of it with all the parts on it, and with my new toys.

I agree with Ruf, give us some A/V on the new mufflers

Heh, he got me up at 7:30, hittin me up for starting money! 190 to get it off the ground, and I'll pay him back later in rather large payments, but it's cool. All the parts are coming off of a 97 XLT, same color, so it's all good. I got before and during pics. The before pics are when we got it home, and the during pics are after everything is straightened out so I can drive it. I'll get some pics of it with all the parts on it, and with my new toys

I am glad it is all working out for you. This is great news. :banana piano:

Archived