TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

Great. Now I have to look up "verbose." I have a feeling that doesn't apply to me!!

We're just hanging out here and shootin' the bull.

Good to have you with us. :shift:

Is it really 53 pages? Whew.

I guess I've hoped this thread would be a test bed for anyone thinking about doing modifications to their GT's. I've made some good choices and made some mistakes. But - as it sits now, I'm very happy with the results. (and some others in my area are not so happy!) :shift:

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not yet, the one with the smart mouth drives a mini van :hysterical: and the one with the Vette hides whenever I am around.

It's funny how everyone thinks that a Vette is faster, but noone can ever actually get a Vette to play to find out!

Any plans on coming out west :poke:

This is your support group! :hyper:

(I'm out of beer, though...) :hysterical2:

This is where the support starts to shine. When one group member is out of beer, someone can spot him a beer or two!

Update: Two more coats of Zaino have been applied. (just ordered two more bottles, too!)

Tomorrow (Sat), I'm meeting up with a buddy who just bought a fresh C6 (and has a show winning 350Z). We're going to do a photo shoot.

Stay tuned!

Oh...I also intend on handing him his azz while he drives the Vette! :happy feet:

MUSTANGS ROCK AND ROLL! You hear? :hyper:

post-4913-1168650553_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168650553_thumb.jpg

Update: Two more coats of Zaino have been applied. (just ordered two more bottles, too!)

Tomorrow (Sat), I'm meeting up with a buddy who just bought a fresh C6 (and has a show winning 350Z). We're going to do a photo shoot.

Stay tuned!

Oh...I also intend on handing him his azz while he drives the Vette! :happy feet:

MUSTANGS ROCK AND ROLL! You hear? :hyper:

Do you like Zaino better than Adams or are they the same quality ?

I noticed the Adams bottles on your hood.

That pic is what Orf sent me. I haven't tried the Adams polish yet.

They don't seem to have an equivalent to the Zaino ZPro polish.

Actually, the Z guy probably won't engage me. He's more of a cruiser. He never would line up with me with his 350Z. I tried.

Do you like Zaino better than Adams or are they the same quality ?

I noticed the Adams bottles on your hood.

I've stayed out of the Zaino discussions, mainly because I'm a maverick of sorts. I used the Zaino products for a while, and was pretty pleased with the results, but not completely pleased with my experience of applying/removing. Probably operator error, but that's the case.

A couple of years ago I switched to Adam's polishes, and have been pleased on both fronts. They do have similar products to Zaino, but I can't pick one over the other for quality of results.

I called myself a maverick because it seems when people get on the Zaino bandwagon, they become fanatical and won't hear of anyone who doesn't like it. Not anyone here, but in groups that I've been a part of in the past. It seems I'm one of the few who switched.

To me, the Zaino/Adams comparison is like the Coke/Pepsi comparison. They are very similar, but it's a matter of taste. Unfortunately, it takes a bit of a financial investment to give either one a real try, let alone to switch in mid stream. That's why I wouldn't suggest to try both and decide. You need to find someone who has both (or two people who each use one) to let you try them. That's tough, too, because the shine gets deeper with each progessive coat of either.

Sorry I've muddied the waters even more, but I'm just trying to be realistic. Maybe the best comparison would be of identical vehicles, each with one of the products for comparison. Again, that would be very difficult, too. No easy answer.

I've tried both, and I don't think you'll be unhappy with either. Basically, just pick one and go with it.

We thank the Senator from PA for those remarks. Now we know which path to take!! :finger: Either one!

I'm sure they're both good products.

Orf - let me know the equivalent of ZPro Polish and I'll try a bottle. :shift:

Here's a few pics from today. More coming later.

post-4913-1168730451_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168730467_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168730486_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168730500_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168730517_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168730451_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168730467_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168730486_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168730500_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168730517_thumb.jpg

I've stayed out of the Zaino discussions, mainly because I'm a maverick of sorts. I used the Zaino products for a while, and was pretty pleased with the results, but not completely pleased with my experience of applying/removing. Probably operator error, but that's the case.

A couple of years ago I switched to Adam's polishes, and have been pleased on both fronts. They do have similar products to Zaino, but I can't pick one over the other for quality of results.

I called myself a maverick because it seems when people get on the Zaino bandwagon, they become fanatical and won't hear of anyone who doesn't like it. Not anyone here, but in groups that I've been a part of in the past. It seems I'm one of the few who switched.

To me, the Zaino/Adams comparison is like the Coke/Pepsi comparison. They are very similar, but it's a matter of taste. Unfortunately, it takes a bit of a financial investment to give either one a real try, let alone to switch in mid stream. That's why I wouldn't suggest to try both and decide. You need to find someone who has both (or two people who each use one) to let you try them. That's tough, too, because the shine gets deeper with each progessive coat of either.

Sorry I've muddied the waters even more, but I'm just trying to be realistic. Maybe the best comparison would be of identical vehicles, each with one of the products for comparison. Again, that would be very difficult, too. No easy answer.

I've tried both, and I don't think you'll be unhappy with either. Basically, just pick one and go with it.

I tried a huge assortment of waxes etc to try and get rid of some swirl marks on my black paint. I was going broke on them. I heard about the Zaino on this site and while expensive, I thought I would try just one more. To my amazement, it worked fabulously and I have no more swirl marks. I am sure this is because the Zaino allows you to build coat thickness while most other products just come off when the second coat is applied. I have not tried the Adams, not sure if I ever read up on it but I know the Zaino works for what I needed it for.

Since I spent a small fortune on a bunch of other product that I have to crap can, I don't think I am going to try something else unless I find real conclusive evidence it works better than what I have. Adams may be every bit as good, but I need someone to be the Ginea Pig :shift:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/ I was given this link by a member here who just got his GT500 a couple weeks ago. He lives 1/2 hour drive away from me. He is using the Adams polishes and says they are terrific. I was suppose to hook up with him this weekend but his new car is in the shop getting the front bumper stripes replaced because they were flawed. Bummer for Putmando.

Here's a few more pics from my photo shoot yesterday with my buddy.

His 350Z is a show winning ride. Heavily modified - clutch/flywheel/brakes/exhaust/intake/cams/ECU reflash/gears/springs and much more (especially cosmetic details). The car is a rocket.

He just took delivery of the C6. It's a brand new '06 - Z51 and 3LT packages. My intial reaction to a short ride is the car is very quick and strong.

We had a lot of fun placing the cars different ways to get different shots.

And - to illustrate what a cool guy he is - he willingly let me take the shot with his Vette in my mirror!

Enjoy -

Ruf

post-4913-1168817379_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817410_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817433_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817452_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817469_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817489_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817509_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817525_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817543_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817379_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817410_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817433_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817452_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817469_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817489_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817509_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817525_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168817543_thumb.jpg

If you mean the "Objects in Mirror" wording - it's vinyl over the original words.

Bill - before you pick on a Z51 Vette - better get the wheel hop issue sorted out. Those Vettes do 0-60 in 4.1.

I love the Vette - it's really well thought out and appears to have first rate fit and finish. I was surprised, however, by how quiet the exhaust is. Very - very quiet. I think John is going to upgrade the system to get a little growl out of the 4 rear pipes! :shift:

And - he's already got several coats of Zaino on. :happy feet: :hysterical2: :happy feet:

I know it.

It's probably because of what they cost.

If you ever get out of your cocoon and come down this way - I'll see if this Vette will gather up. He'll play!

He about gave me whiplash in the 350Z! (after I taught him how to shift, of course) :hysterical2:

I can't get any Vettes to play, but definitely need to get my power to the ground. I think the Vette is in a class with JUST the Viper, but once I get some suspension hook up I'll play.

At our local hang out on a regular basis there are as many Vettes as Mustangs, but 95% of the Vettes are older guys who could care less about playing around.

I invited you to come to come out West. :hyper:

If you mean the "Objects in Mirror" wording - it's vinyl over the original words.

Ah, sweet. I might see if I can find some for my ride.

Engine bay's painted!!! Gettin excited. Only a matter of time before the car gets a couple coats of black on it

Eh, I've been around. I've been shopping for some "bump" for my Explorer. I'll be able to get pics Wednesday. It's kinda late, and I gotta work right after school tomorrow.

Edit: Forgot to ask about the weather down there. How is it? We just got about 5 - 7 inches of rain, 40's all day. Now the temperature is dropping, and probably all that water will freeze. Tomorrow and Friday we're supposed to get some snow, can't wait for that :shift: . None of this :sos:

We've had 70's and mostly sunny for 3-4 days.

But we're headed down to the high 40's for a few. More seasonal.

I've had the flu like feeling the past few days - el-suck-er-ooh!

Post pics when you can and be safe, you hear? :shift:

Will do. I guess our meterologists got bored and decided to total up how much snow we would of had if all our rain was snow. They said 100+ inches... Now it's getting more seasonal, low 30's as the highs, and I'm lovin it, except for at 7 in the morning.

Pics tomorrow. I might sneak one in of my daily driver, who knows?

Double post, but with good intentions. Pics :yahoo:

The current status of the engine bay. Little tidbit of information, that's 100% spray paint, and it looks pretty good, almost pro. quality

post-7578-1169066708_thumb.jpg

The status of the suspension. My brand new upper and lower control arms. Gotta buy a new steering rack, as both of the ones we have are leaking.

post-7578-1169066801_thumb.jpg

So I'm sneaking in pics of my daily driver. 1996 Explorer XLT 4x4, only a couple hundred miles shy of 108k.

post-7578-1169066909_thumb.jpg

Not mine, but I've gotten to drive it on a few occasions. 2005 F-250 Super Duty 5.4L V8. Two words: Lotta powa

post-7578-1169066957_thumb.jpg

The first 100% finished goodies that are going on. That's the grille (complete with emblem), the right valve cover (left one is still being painted), and the air cleaner that is being put on.

post-7578-1169067019_thumb.jpg

Yeah, buddy. You get it's a Cobra, Powered by Ford

post-7578-1169067087_thumb.jpg

post-7578-1169066708_thumb.jpg

post-7578-1169066801_thumb.jpg

post-7578-1169066909_thumb.jpg

post-7578-1169066957_thumb.jpg

post-7578-1169067019_thumb.jpg

post-7578-1169067087_thumb.jpg

Archived