TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

I can't tell the difference in the chrome grids! Both look good.

AD - my Z buddy just bought an '06 C6 in PA (new). MSRP was $53k - he got it for $43change.

If anyone is looking for a show car 350Z - let me know. He has an '03 with about $20k in mods. It's a Sunday car for him. 11k miles. He has a shelf of trophies.

post-4913-1167521372_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1167521372_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks - glad you like the pics. :doh:

Grabber - I have no idea what the tag costs! I think it's $30 above the usual yearly fee.

I need to find an industrial location for some pics - and maybe some overhead lights in a dusk setting. (maybe some steam?) I wish I had more resources for shooting pics.

Very creative avatar change, SCGT. :baby:

That is one beautiful car Ruf. :banana piano:

Try to analyze your favorite car pictures and copy their technique - saves time. For example, the Mustang & Shelby GT500 Parts For Sale ad at the top of the page features 3 red mustangs that were shot in a studio with diffuse bounce light from above that gives a white sheen highlight to the red paint job. If you like that look, you could try to copy by bounce flashing your strobe into a reflector angled down towards the car.

I've seen many pictures using the techno-steam look and it looks great especially for backlit silhouettes.

Ruf,

You must have about 12 coats of Zaino on the car by now. Since you have used it a lot, does it ever seem to have too much on it, little cloudy?

I spent all day going through the garage and filled a 10 yard drop off dumpster. We are getting old stuff tossed so I have more room for the Red and Black cars. I feel someone beat the crap out of me but the results are amazing. Got more to do tomorrow. I was really wanting to get started with the Zaino :ohsnap:

Cloudy? Nope.

Just deeper and glossier with each coat.

It looks...blacker?

Dust and such still like to adhere to it - but it rinses off cleanly.

I'm sure there are a lot of other brands out there just as good (Adams - Meguiars, etc). They're all just polishes.

The microfibre towellllls, though, are the deal. No streaks. No fuss. Just clean, baby. I'm through with my cotton bath towelllls. :hyper:

So we are up to 3 L's in Towel...... :doh:

Face towel

Hand towell

Bath sheet towelll

What? You didn't know about this? Paging Martha Stewart :sos:

bj

Wow, the Rufstang looks good! I know I'm going to be babying my Mustang when it's finished.

So I drove my girlfriends car today... 1997 Honda Civic. Needless to say, I'll stick to my Explorer, heh heh

Wow, the Rufstang looks good! I know I'm going to be babying my Mustang when it's finished.

So I drove my girlfriends car today... 1997 Honda Civic. Needless to say, I'll stick to my Explorer, heh heh

What kind and year car are you building. Any photos ?

Heh, I'd get some update pics but I'm feelin lazy at the moment. It's supposed to be getting sent off to paint soon. God, I can't wait. Turns out we switched the bodies. Earlier in this topic, I posted pics of the shell we were using, and one that was supposed to be used for parts. Well, the parts car is now mine, and we cut up the old one to be junked (yes, we destroyed a II. Look at it this way, roof had surface rust, tail light panel was rotted out, and the frame rails were toast. Too much work). It's supposed to be off to be painted within the week. Knowing me, I'll turn into a little mini-Ruf and Zaino the car into an oblivion, but it'll be all good. Patience is all I need now.

Oh and Ruf, on a more personal note, looks like we got a little more in common. My girl left me too, just last night.

Kobra - can't wait for pics! A mini-ruf! I'm honored!

On the domestic side - you know I can relate, bro.

Hang out here all you want - PM me or email if you need to vent.

We're all here for each other.

Man Law 22.b. :shift:

You hear?

I don't know where you are - but I've got lots of room in the house for the moment!

Let me know if you'd like to get away for a weekend.

The Rufstang awaits! :happy feet:

And thanks for the kind words - I like knowing I may have helped other Mustang people decide on what to modify on their cars.

Keep your spirits up - you hear?

This is your support group! :hyper:

(I'm out of beer, though...) :hysterical2:

Hey, is 53 pages a record for one topic? I think that it might be. Either Ruf is really verbose or he might actually have something interesting to talk about.

:hysterical2:

Archived