TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool...is it yours?

Haha, I wish. That's my father's 1969 Mustang Mach 1, 351C with Flowmaster Super 50's and 2.5 inch pipes all the way back. Mine's currently in construction, a 1976 Mustang Cobra II

Kobra - Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!! :happy feet:

God - how I love that sound!

Thanks very much for taking the time to share.

Why can't y'all live next door? :hysterical2:

A great Christmas gift, my man. I had my speakers turned UP!

Orf's recent gift has inspired me.

Today - I bought my first leaf blower! A Weed Eater Featherlite. I've had a Weed Eater line trimmer for 5 years and it's never failed to run.(to blow off most of the water off the car before using a microfibre drying towell!) I've been using the Husqvarna tractor to "blow" off the driveway after mowing. But after washing the car yesterday and wanting to polish right after, I see the need for a blower. The water collects around the headlights, grille, mirrors, etc and keeps running down and out... :rant:

And - I ordered a "fire hose" nozzle and 3 more towells from Adams:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/index.cfm

A little Christmas gift to myself.

Thanks again Kobra - Music to My Ears! Tell your dad - he Rocks!

Merry Christmas from North Carolina. :hyper:

Well - the deal is done.

No harm.

I'll pay a few bucks more and see if Adams thinks they can sell a Wal-Mart level nozzle to car guys.

If I don't like the quality, it goes back!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Next time, let us know when you find something we all might find handy! :shift:

Geez!

It's a hose nozzle! To me - it's worth paying $10 more to keep out of Wal-Mart! :hyper: (I've tried buying the best nozzles offered at Loew's - and they all last about 2 years. )

And - I'm sorry - but I've been microfibre towell-challenged! Mastersmech and Orf showed me "their's" when we gathered up at Kitty Hawk in Oct. I tried all the parts stores around here and could not find any!

Not to Fear! Ruf has a few on hand - thanks to the aforementioned members - and more are inbound! With the leaf blower/car dryer - a cotton/terry towell will never again find itself on the flanks of the Rufstang! :hysterical2:

I'm out of eggnog again...

from the previous page:

"And - I ordered a "fire hose" nozzle and 3 more towells from Adams:"

Hey Teacher Boy is it really that apparent? The GrinCH started it! :hysterical:

Nuhuh troll boy

Geez!

Loew's -

microfibre

towell-

towells

Lowe's :yup:

microfiber :yup:

towel :yup:

towel again :rolleyes:

Sorry, SCGT made me do it.

Now for a real question, I have found some of the micro fiber towels actually scratch. It is apparent with the black paint. Since you have black paint and are using Zaino, are you scratch free and if so what brand have you had success with :headscratch:

I ordered some towells from Griots - not good. They were very thin. I think perhaps just for glass.

The towells that Orf sent me from Adams are very soft and plush. (they have a special on now - get 3 for the price of two - go to the wash/dry link)

After I dried the car and put on a coat of Zaino - I looked carefully at the paint. Zero scratches or swirl marks.

That's why I have 3 more inbound.

I just can't wait to use the leaf blower - when the rain lets up!

The collecting water has always been a pain for me - not no more. :happy feet:

Just be sure to wash the towells alone - don't mix cotton blends with microfibre.

edit - virtual party - Yeah, daddy!

I think I'll crack open a bottle of Capn' Morgan - crack some ice - slice up a wedge of lime and get back to y'all!

I'll put some Van Morrison on the cd player and get a smooth groove workin. :baby:

Rock on Ruf :rockon:

You might want to check out where your particular model of leaf blower exhausts its combustion gasses. Some put it into the blower stream. Sure would be a shame if a little unburned oil made it onto the Rufstang! Probably nothing to worry about because they've really improved those 2-cycles.

We know a contact with 3M and she has been keeping us in microfibre towels and I use them to clean my camera lenses as well as buffing the coatings on the car. They are great and easy to keep clean.

How's the Cap10 M doin? Van Morrison

to quote someone I know - "good form"

Kobra - Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!! :happy feet:

God - how I love that sound!

Thanks very much for taking the time to share.

Why can't y'all live next door? :hysterical2:

Thanks again Kobra - Music to My Ears! Tell your dad - he Rocks!

Merry Christmas from North Carolina. :hyper:

Hey, if we could we would. Weather around here sucks. When we build my motor, it'll sound just like that. I can't wait.

I haven't gotten to drive it, YET. I will be able to drive it the summer after my senior year in high school. That's when my sister got to drive it. :redcard:

But when I drive it, hopefully my father will allow a little of this :yahoo::rockon::shift:

Argh, the time passes so slow. 2 days, 54 minutes till I turn 17!!!!! :ohsnap:

Patience, young grasshopper! You're lucky to have a dad with h.p. in his veins! Do something special for him for Christmas, you hear?

Keep your grades up - work hard - play hard - the good times will follow. (my dad deal speaking!)

moab - Yeah, man - "Days like this" keeps me goin' these days. Van the Man - Moondance is what I need this weekend. Peace -

Ruf - to bed!

Tried out the leaf blower/car dryer today.

Oh, daddy! :hyper:

Just a few minutes with that and I'm ready for the micro towell to finish it up!

Of course, my older neighbor came over and thought I was nuts for blowing off my car.... :doh:

I still use the towell you gave me at our weekend at Nag's Head. :wub: (if you remember - it was...pink)

Moab - I checked out the leaf blower's exhaust (thanks for the head's up) and we're good to go.

This is my first "blower." There's something primal about using it - I find myself looking for places to use it... :hysterical2:

For example - now I can blow off the Husqvarna after mowing - and - I might just bring it inside and blow the dishes dry in the dishwasher and save some money...maybe dry the dogs after a bath......

Oh, yeah! I'll bet its great on a bike! Nooks and crannies!

Orf told me he has a backpack blower that will uproot his grass if he isn't careful!

I got a low end 150mph version!

The guy in the Adams dvd used a shop vac - but I figured I could put this blower to use in other ways, too.

Oh, yeah! I'll bet its great on a bike! Nooks and crannies!

Orf told me he has a backpack blower that will uproot his grass if he isn't careful!

I got a low end 150mph version!

The guy in the Adams dvd used a shop vac - but I figured I could put this blower to use in other ways, too.

Without a doudt, a multiuse tool :happy feet:

The leaf blower is a great idea. I got mine last summer. Saves time and really works great on my Harley Davidson too.

Ever use Pig Spit on the bike?

Archived