TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rockon: Ruff: Nice rides. Heres a photo of My 06 Road King classic befor I brought it home. Then another phot with 2K of goodies on it, including a power commander :happy feet: and Screamin Eagle pipes and carb kit with a custom Dyno tune. This ride is as fun as the GT/CS I have. Rob

My previous Mustangs - including wifey's '01 - V6.

And, yes, that's a Citation in front of the '85!

It had the V6 and the F41 suspension package.

I liked it.

No flames, y'all.

I love the looks of the yellow one...is that an '03 Mach I?

P.S. Your new one looks great too...I wanna see that carbon fiber dash dude. :rockon:

Dave

Yep. An '03. I got it up in Richmond at Bill Talley Ford. That was a very - very strong engine.

I'll take a pic of the dash this week - but I don't think it's going to really show how good it looks in person. I ordered it without seeing it - just based on my salesguy's opinion. Stainless shows all sorts of fingerprints. But this covering is very good looking.

My previous Mustangs - including wifey's '01 - V6.

And, yes, that's a Citation in front of the '85!

It had the V6 and the F41 suspension package.

I liked it.

No flames, y'all.

Hey, Bryan, nice pix -- you're were a young pup then, I see <lol -- so was I>

Citation, hmmm.... ;)

Don't be surprised if you wake up tomorrow and there's a Harrier hovering in front of your house. :rant:

:hysterical2:

no Harrier :shrug: but I did see a Sharp-shined and a Red-tailed hawk this morning :hysterical:

I bet that red 5.0 LX vert was fun -- very light. That Mach is really nice too... Wonder what and when Ford will serve up for the new Mach -- inevitable I think. I think the following seq might make sense: boss-lite, bullitt, mach, big-boss, ??? maybe with Shelby tossing in a GT350 and 500KR along the way?

<ps - it was hard to resist that pic, Bryan... it was even white and all... so easy to play with ;-)>

Oh, Sure! Wifey saw the pic and now she wants me to have her PT Cruiser painted pink. :banghead:

Yep - the '89 was a good ride.

But the '91 sedan was more fun. Very tight body and very strong engine.

The Mach1, however, is the one I should have held on to.

Watching the shaker twist with throttle was very cool.

I just dropped off the Rufstang at the Ford store. My crew chief, George, will jump on it first thing in the a.m.

Last night, I ordered the sequential taillights! Pricey - but I think they're cool. Reminds me of the 67 T-Bird.

I've also decided on a side stripe - it's hard to describe where it will be - it will start from the top of the...never mind - I'll take a pic when it's on! I've not seen a stripe like it - so it will be a one-of. :rockon:

I just dropped off the Rufstang at the Ford store. My crew chief, George, will jump on it first thing in the a.m.

Last night, I ordered the sequential taillights! Pricey - but I think they're cool. Reminds me of the 67 T-Bird.

I've also decided on a side stripe - it's hard to describe where it will be - it will start from the top of the...never mind - I'll take a pic when it's on! I've not seen a stripe like it - so it will be a one-of. :rockon:

Rufstang??? I think your car's going to be any thing but ruff. I can't wait to see pics of it with all the mods on. :bandance:

On a side note, I saw the most beautiful Mustang today. It was a jet black GT/CS with ASA black mesh wheels like these.

asa_ar1_blk_ci3_l.jpg

Car was lowered with black factory GT/CS stripes, window tint, and some type of aftermarket grill which deleted the factory fogs. I had my camara phone but I was driving and couldn't take a pic. :banghead:

Be sure to post pics of yours when it's done.

Hay Ruff: Did you notice that when you open the door that the window goes down 1/4 inch, and then after you shut it it goes back up so the air pressure in the car equalizes. I just noticed this the other day. Great engineering.

Hay Ruff: Did you notice that when you open the door that the window goes down 1/4 inch, and then after you shut it it goes back up so the air pressure in the car equalizes. I just noticed this the other day. Great engineering.

Makes for a tight no-whistle air seal -- very cool, but sometimes causes problems with window tint laminates.

90 - those rims are very similar to mine - save for the color and the nuts around the lip. Same mesh look, though.

Yeah - the window "up-down" feature drives window tint men nuts - but it is what it is.

The guy who's doing mine also did my 350Z with the same feature and after a year - no issues. He's good.

90 - the Ruf in Ruff is about the fact that I write and teach writing - hence Rough Draft! :rockon:

Anyone else notice that the defroster wires in the rear window distort vehicles behind you in the rear view mirror? Kinda looks like Pitpup!

And - after 3 tries, I can't reprogram the computer to not turn on the headlights when I hit the unlock button on the key remote! :rant: Sort of reminds me of the menu options we get when calling a company: Press 1 if you're brain dead. Press 2 if you're wearing ladies underwear. Press 3 if you'd like to be on hold for 30 minutes.... :banghead:

Anyone else notice that the defroster wires in the rear window distort vehicles behind you in the rear view mirror? Kinda looks like Pitpup!

It's probably the steep angle causing some refraction or something... good thing the 72/73 didn't have those wires or it would look like [pitpup]² <lol>

Maybe they figure you'll never see any car you pass again, so get a good look while you're going by them ;)

As long as it doesn't distort red lights and things like Lidar and laser :hysterical:

:shift:

I wish I was connected to Ruf Engineering!

I just got back from checking with my crew chief.

The springs/grille/headers/exhaust are on! It sounds very cool.

It should be on the road tomorrow afternoon...arggh.

Tint on Wed.

Let's ride. :rockon:

Ruf, I had a zinc yellow mach up to 2.5 weeks ago. I now have a redfire 06. I am still planning on the shelby when the prices come down. Although a boss might be nice. I think the mach will wait until the next iteration on the stang is long in the tooth. I dyno'd the 06 this weekend and got 272rwh and 295 ft lb's bone stock to the paper filter so this car should be pretty fast. I wonder if I will have withdrawls. I keep checking the tag talk to see who the new owner is.

Wonder what happens when you have a dead battery or have it removed for maintenance? Window just hits the trim???

Good question!

How about when the window is frozen shut - for those of you up North?

I thought it was so you don't have to slam the door all the time -- it pushes up that extra little bit for a good seal. I suspect (dunno) you can still open the door with a dead battery (though it would be unlikely it goes dead while you're in the car unless you're Rip Van Winkle <lol>) but you'd have to slam it to close.

If it actually locked-up under trim it would seem to be very dangerous, no? Better keep one of those cheesey "emergency escape helper-1000" tools handy :hysterical:

90 - those rims are very similar to mine - save for the color and the nuts around the lip. Same mesh look, though.

Yeah - the window "up-down" feature drives window tint men nuts - but it is what it is.

The guy who's doing mine also did my 350Z with the same feature and after a year - no issues. He's good.

90 - the Ruf in Ruff is about the fact that I write and teach writing - hence Rough Draft! :rockon:

And - after 3 tries, I can't reprogram the computer to not turn on the headlights when I hit the unlock button on the key remote! :rant: Sort of reminds me of the menu options we get when calling a company: Press 1 if you're brain dead. Press 2 if you're wearing ladies underwear. Press 3 if you'd like to be on hold for 30 minutes.... :banghead:

I knew you were a teacher, I was just kidding with you.

Oh my God.

What a difference. It's a different car - both looks and performance. Amazing.

I love the exhaust - the Hurst shifter is a very short and positive feel to each gear - much more confidence (huge improvement) - the rims/tires/springs are awesome (of course, just my opinion) - the gears? Oh, daddy! I won't go on and on - but it feels very stout - the tech said it feels like it has 350 at the crank.

I love the grille, too. Very clean and classy.

I have to bring it bsck for alignment when a few parts come in for their machine.

The ride of course is a little stiffer - but it feels "ready!"

What a metamorphisis.

I am surprised by when the power comes on, though.

Second gear (and 3rd) feels stronger - quicker - than 1st.

In 1st, even with the 4.10's, it feels like it needs to gather up momentum. When I pull 2nd and 3rd, the power is THERE - right now.

My 350Z jumped off the line in 1st (especially after the gear change).

I have a feeling this would change with a blower.

Pics posted tomorrow after the tint job.

What a great ride. :rockon:

Life is - once again - good.

Oh my God.

I love the exhaust - the Hurst shifter is a very short and positive feel to each gear - much more confidence (huge improvement) - the rims/tires/springs are awesome (of course, just my opinion) - the gears? Oh, daddy! I won't go on and on - but it feels very stout - the tech said it feels like it has 350 at the crank.

I have to bring it bsck for alignment when a few parts come in for their machine.

What a metamorphisis.

In 1st, even with the 4.10's, it feels like it needs to gather up momentum. When I pull 2nd and 3rd, the power is THERE - right now.

Congrats on the mods!!! Be careful though, it's an addiction!!! :hysterical:

Can't wait for the pics!!! :woohoo:

Oh my God.

What a metamorphisis.

You must have blower :wacko: you must have blower :wacko: you must have blower

Archived