TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

Today's gonna be up around 55 - so I'll try and do a leaf mulch - then back inside to trim the bathroom ceiling for wifey. Maybe a bit of football on TV in between and hang out here a little. Maybe take wifey out and burn off a few hundreths on the Toyos! :happy feet:

You got plans?

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's gonna be up around 55 - so I'll try and do a leaf mulch - then back inside to trim the bathroom ceiling for wifey. Maybe a bit of football on TV in between and hang out here a little. Maybe take wifey out and burn off a few hundreths on the Toyos! :happy feet:

You got plans?

I will be trying to finish up a number of home projects including my home office, still kind of a mess. I have been trying to find time to Zaino the black car, but I don't think that will happen today. Wifey wants here office done, the bedroom finished, Xmas stuff put out, geez maybe January on the Zaino. Supposed to be in seventies today. :shift:

Thanks - Dr Dyno said if I was a fair driver, it should be in the high 12's - and maybe mid-12's with radials.

These 19's look good - but if I did it again, I'd go with 18's.

I think I've built a real good bang for the buck car. It's easy to spend more - but I've got a budget. :shift:

Nah - she's not into that. Matter of fact, today's been a rough one for her. We met some friends for dinner last night and she got over tired from the laughter, etc. Her MS doesn't let her exert herself too much. She's spent the day on the sofa - that's why I grabbed the paint brush and helped her finish her bathroom project.

She is so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. Sometimes, I'd like to go postal on the drug companies. Help my wife feel better! Sorry.

Rant over. :rant:

Hey Ruf:

Long time no talk. I've been out for a while. Last Wednesday and Thursday, I guess I had a 48 hour stomach bug. Got me out of school for a day. Then werkin' and family have taken up the rest of my time.

So how's the Rufstang coming along. I seen you finally gotten it running full song. Now you have to run it 93 octane? Dang son... I'll probably have to run 93 octane through my Mustang. Can't wait for spring time, that's my ETA. I guess my '96 Explorer will have to suffice till then (snow's coming soon. B) )

Hey, Kobra!

Good to hear from you.

Feel better - you hear?

Your ETA will come. Meantime - hang out here with us. :happy feet:

We're here for each other - with or without cars!

Yeah - my car is coming together. I wish it had a sleeper bunk. :shift:

Ruf - after being away from the site for a few weeks (on the road for work a lot lately) it was pretty cool to see the progression of the last month - expectation --> dissapointment --> frustration --> anger -->

hope --> exaltation --> peace ...

Like a wise man once said... "I love it when a plan comes together!"

If I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'll be calling. Beer and steaks on me for a ride in the Rufstang!

Yeah, all I can do is work my rear off, and have some cold ones while I'm doing it. It'll all be over soon. When spring time comes, this is what I'll be doin: :shift: . Then again, I can do it in my Explorer too, but it's not as fun. V6's don't sound the same :cry: . Everytime I sit at a stoplight, all I can imagine is that deep idle that means all business.

A colleague of mine has been complimenting the Rufstang - so today I asked him if he'd like a little demonstration ride. :spiteful:

He hadn't ridden in a muscle car since the '60's when he had a Super Bee! He drives a Prius now!

I wish I'd had a video camera in the car to record his reaction. :hysterical2:

I took him up to about 100 in 4th. He was like a little kid!

Very cool stuff. His ride home is bound to be a disappointment. :shift:

Heh heh, I bet his reaction was priceless. Want even more laughs, imagine him sitting in his Prius in the parking lot after the ride, saying to the steering wheel, "Why can't you do that!"

:hysterical2: Yes! His head was, indeed, in the headrest! :hysterical2:

Tim's a very conservative guy on campus. Herringbone jackets, etc. Teaches history.

But he's a car guy nonetheless! His wife kinda/sorta has his....in a firm grip!

His car does get a combined 55 mpg, but - as he put it - doesn't "rock his soul" like this one does! :shift:

My lower billet grille finally came from Moss. Fits good. Easy install.

Pics forthcoming! (gotta use the roll up)

Also the MrMike's "tinsel" welting looks very tasty on the door panels.

SCGT - I'm going to send you a sample of the welting.

I went to a Christmas lunch with my buds from the Greenville Nissan Z club today.

About 20 Z's showed. These guys/gals are very good people.

All the Z's parked in a row - interrupted by my car.

Did I get snubbed? Nope.

I had to go outside the place about 5 times to show them the car!

They loved it. :hyper:

Of course, no one got froggy! :hysterical2:

I took one member out for a short ride (he owns a 1970 240Z that he bought when he was 16).

I had to back off a bit in 2nd when it got loose! He was whooping and hollerin' like we were on a roller coaster! :hysterical2:

Time well spent.

Sounds like a great group. You really have the Rufstang dialed in with all your mods and it was well appreciated by the Zers.

We would love to see the new front with the lower grill installed when you get time - bet it looks totally hi-res.

How's your sky tonight? Shuttle is going to lift off in about 2 hours. Wonder if you could see it all the way from there once it gets up high?

Shoot! When is it going up?

Just checked - 8:47 - I'll take a look. Our sky is clear.

I'll post some pics when I finish up the roll. She bought me a couple of 36 shot rolls. :doh:

Yeah - the Z folks are very special - and diverse. They aren't h.p. junkies - most of the members have older Z's and just love talking about them and restoring them.

I grew up watching Bob Sharp and P.L. Newman (!) race Nissans at Lime Rock - so I can give them plenty of anecdotes.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan - here's what I posted on that thread:

Dan and George - you guys have no idea how much I enjoyed reading about the Day!

(things around the crib have been a little...dicey!)

SVT - how generous and thoughtful. Awesome. You are truly a car guy. Not only do you enjoy cars - you enjoy seeing other people enjoy them. That's the real meaning of Christmas.

Dan - You deserved the Day. You've been a pillar on this site. You've helped so many members (including ol' Ruf). I was sitting in the back seat while you took us out for the rides. (and very well written, by the way!)

Thanks for giving me a much-needed lift.

SVT - you got class, man.

Ruf - :shift:

edit: George reminds me of someone I know in Hickory PA...Our Commander!

Yo Ruf, whats goin' on brother? How are the holiday's treatin' ya?

For me, I'm super excited, because in 6 days I'll be turning 17! That and I have a delivery date on my 76. She's out for paint by the end of January, back before March, and complete by June. I'm thinking about getting a license plate border made, "I wish my other ride was a Rufstang" :hysterical2:

Oh, and I saw my first GT500 on the road. Needless to say, I'll never forget the day

Archived