TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So after the 825 hp, is Rufstang still the one?

:hysterical2: Riding in Dave's 825 hp Rocket Car is like going from a go-kart to a funny car. The Kenne Bell doesn't whine like the OEM blower on the Shelby. But the power comes on...with extreme aggession. I mean - NOW. Dave's done so many suspension upgrades that he hasn't got any wheel hop or even getting loose sideways. He needs more tire, but I mean the car just slams you back in the seat with a RIGHT NOW - BAM - feeling. It's THERE. And it just keeps pulling. Amazing. Addictive. Dangerous on city streets.

Really - If I had that much power - I'd be in trouble! It's not like PK's Vette that pulls strongly and seamlessly - it's like you light an afterburner. Whaaaaammmmmmm! Like launching a Saturn V.

What a ride.

Hope everyone had fun and the "bads" were really good :happy feet:

We had a great evening. Dave & Marilyn's kids enjoyed the pool and the pups. We took some pics - scared the neighbors (and me) and had some pretty good pizza before they split to the motel. I hope to have breakfast with them in the morning before they roll down to Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week. Time well spent!

:hysterical2: Riding in Dave's 825 hp Rocket Car is like going from a go-kart to a funny car. The Kenne Bell doesn't whine like the OEM blower on the Shelby. But the power comes on...with extreme aggession. I mean - NOW. Dave's done so many suspension upgrades that he hasn't got any wheel hop or even getting loose sideways. He needs more tire, but I mean the car just slams you back in the seat with a RIGHT NOW - BAM - feeling. It's THERE. And it just keeps pulling. Amazing. Addictive. Dangerous on city streets.

Really - If I had that much power - I'd be in trouble! It's not like PK's Vette that pulls strongly and seamlessly - it's like you light an afterburner. Whaaaaammmmmmm! Like launching a Saturn V.

What a ride.

Let's lite this candle! :happy feet:

I haven't been in here in awhile and figured I'd drop in for a visit to say Hello. :redcard:

I thought you could use another Sexy 'Stang' in your garage. :shift::hysterical:

You're always welcome! What did you and Secondo do today?

That's our little secret. ;) Last Night we did go out for another cruise in his Mustang. It was another beautiful night and there were lots of Cars out there, we must have seen over 30 Mustangs, New and Old, more than usual. He gets some 'loser' sometimes in a Ricer Car, that always wants to race his Mustang GT. But where we go to Race, here in CT it's called the Berlin Turnpike, it is totally surrounded by Cops :finger: everywhere. We can't have fun like we used to back in the day that's for sure. :banghead:

That's our little secret. ;) Last Night we did go out for another cruise in his Mustang. It was another beautiful night and there were lots of Cars out there, we must have seen over 30 Mustangs, New and Old, more than usual. He gets some 'loser' sometimes in a Ricer Car, that always wants to race his Mustang GT. But where we go to Race, here in CT it's called the Berlin Turnpike, it is totally surrounded by Cops :finger: everywhere. We can't have fun like we used to back in the day that's for sure. :banghead:

Berlin Turnpike. Yep. Been there! We used to cruise through Mickey D's - then Wendy's and on and on. Ah - the old days. When my wife (of that time) used to call me childish for wanting to race. There was a restaurant that speciaized in prime rib down toward Berlin - big place on the north side of the road. And there was a store in Kensington - that was like a Land's End store - on the south side....oh, it's on the tip of my tongue. :banghead:

Berlin Turnpike. Yep. Been there! We used to cruise through Mickey D's - then Wendy's and on and on. Ah - the old days. When my wife (of that time) used to call me childish for wanting to race. There was a restaurant that speciaized in prime rib down toward Berlin - big place on the north side of the road. And there was a store in Kensington - that was like a Land's End store - on the south side....oh, it's on the tip of my tongue. :banghead:

Mickey D's was redone over and looks very nice and now is one of the biggest hangouts and Wendy's is still a huge hangout also but for a younger crowd. We go to Burger King, a little older crowd, Secondo is friends with someone that runs a Cruise Night there every Saturday Night. He used to race his '72' Mustang years ago and hardly ran into any Cops. I think it's the 'young ones' that drive these cops into a 'ticket frenzy'. :rant:

Can't help you with the store name but is the restaurant your thinking of Ruth Chris's or maybe Hawthorne Inn??? Very expensive places.

We had a great evening. Dave & Marilyn's kids enjoyed the pool and the pups. We took some pics - scared the neighbors (and me) and had some pretty good pizza before they split to the motel. I hope to have breakfast with them in the morning before they roll down to Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week. Time well spent!

Yes we would like to do breakfast will call ya in the am. Oh were is StangBanger ??? well i'm here I would like to give him a spanking :hysterical2:

Badbay, when you get a chance (when you're home?) you gotta post the dyno charts of your beast! ;-)

Have a fun and safe trip!!

Dan

Will do, and thanks! :happy feet:

Daves wiping down the car as I type. Badkids getting ready..>Will call you soon! By the way, the shrimp pizza was the best pizza I have even had!!!!! Thanks! YUM!!!

Daves wiping down the car as I type. Badkids getting ready..>Will call you soon! By the way, the shrimp pizza was the best pizza I have even had!!!!! Thanks! YUM!!!

shrimp pizza? :redcard: I may take a wrong turn later today...on purpose. :hysterical2:

Dave, have a safe trip to Myrtle.

RUF, we are headed out of the hotel right now....something about a lighthouse. :rant:

See you tomorrow.

Dave

Sounds great AD! Enjoy the beach. Great day for it. Looking forward to tomorrow!! :happy feet:

I just saw Badboy and family off from the motel. Lots of pics to post later today!

Guess who got to drive his Monster Stang? :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Sounds great AD! Enjoy the beach. Great day for it. Looking forward to tomorrow!! :happy feet:

I just saw Badboy and family off from the motel. Lots of pics to post later today!

Guess who got to drive his Monster Stang? :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Oh man ...you've gotta be a permanently changed person now!!! That had to be awesome!!!! :headspin:

And it was probably docile as a lamb when not on it ;-)

Oh man ...you've gotta be a permanently changed person now!!! That had to be awesome!!!! :headspin:

And it was probably docile as a lamb when not on it ;-)

Hard to describe how it feels. There is zero throttle lag - just punch it a little and it's NOW! I didn't get even near WOT. The tires break loose very easily. That has to be a low 10 sec car with some slicks. My car is quick - but it takes time to bring up the revs. His car is so...immediate. I'm outta words.

Dave - I'll never forget the experience. Very humbling! Thanks.

I need to go out to the drug store for my baby. I'll post more pics a little later.

Yes, Dan - the car can be driven gently without any indication of what's on tap. He's going to embarass a lot of cars - cars foolish enough to want some!!

And you ought to hear the exhaust! Hellllooooo Dollyyyyy! Just about like open headers!

OK, I'm confused. (usual state of affairs) How many Daves have been there this weekend? Is badboy also a Dave? I thought Alloy Dave was driving his dream Hon duh. Help - somebody throw me a line :sos:

Badboy Dave leaving, and alloyDave arriving tomorrow ;-)

<sheesh, where's my playcard? ;-)>

Dan - you know you have a standing invitation! (and Jan, of course)

Here's a few more pics. The silver stripes are very classy looking on the red. Pics really don't do the car justice.

I had a blast with the Badkids! Badboy Jr gave Ruf a hug before they left. As did Shlbygrl Jr!!

Hey guys - when you read this in Myrtle Beach - see if your hotel has a room open for Thursday night. Maybe I'll scoot down for a one nighter.

I'll put the rest of the pics on Snoop's Alloy Dave thread.

post-4913-1185218367_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1185218382_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1185218396_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1185218367_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1185218382_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1185218396_thumb.jpg

I told Badboy that I wasn't expecting him to take the car off the trailer while they were here.

He said, "No way you're not riding and driving this car! You nuts?" :happy feet:

A lot of trouble to give me some memories. Good form, my friend.

Archived