TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

I agree with the kraeger and ratncage on octane. I would add one caveat, pre-ignition may become more likely in high RPM situations when the cylinders don't cool as much between strokes - ie. when the cylider is hotter, the pre-ignition can occur at a lower compression ratio. Like ratncage said, the fuel air mixture will cool the cylinder but at higher RPMs, the temperatures in the cylinders will rise. Temp and pressure can both cause pre-ignition and the anti-knock sensors will send the info to the computer which will change the spark or increase the injector pulse width or duty cycle (enrich the mixture) to stop the knock.

Bottom line is the same with both posts and I'll add a suggestion - make sure your tuner adds the tune to your SCT tool (I think he can do this) so that you can re-load it if you somehow delete the new tune from the computer.

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the kraeger and ratncage on octane. I would add one caveat, pre-ignition may become more likely in high RPM situations when the cylinders don't cool as much between strokes - ie. when the cylider is hotter, the pre-ignition can occur at a lower compression ratio. Like ratncage said, the fuel air mixture will cool the cylinder but at higher RPMs, the temperatures in the cylinders will rise. Temp and pressure can both cause pre-ignition and the anti-knock sensors will send the info to the computer which will change the spark or increase the injector pulse width or duty cycle (enrich the mixture) to stop the knock.

Bottom line is the same with both posts and I'll add a suggestion - make sure your tuner adds the tune to your SCT tool (I think he can do this) so that you can re-load it if you somehow delete the new tune from the computer.

If you use an pneumoanunometer on the dyno make sure you keep it away from the exhaust :redcard:

You guys kill me.

And it illustrates what I try to get my students to understang - writing for your audience.

We're all from different backgrouns and don't really know how much anyone here knows.

(easy for me - I know next to nothing)

But - you guys/gals willingly share the news. Good form.

The Rufstang will see 400 at the Crank by March 1st - or I'll take you all out to dinner.

(it may see more if I can sell enough Meth for a Vortech) :hyper:

Yeah - a few typo's in the last post.

I've got an almost 16 year old daughter doing her best to have me pull a trigger about her upcoming birthday party. :rant:

The dogs have PMS. :doh:

My neighbor is trying out his new John Deere's headlights while we try and eat. :rant:

My online students are driving me nuts. :censored:

Other than that - we're cool! :hysterical:

Hey fluffstang, where are you from originally? You posted that you are not from North Carolina, you only have lived there for a while.....Just curious. Sorry if I am making you repeat yourself, but why did you decide to get rid of your old car? Nissan Z I believe? Just wondering because that car seems pretty equal to a stang because it is lighter and handles a little better right, and still has like 305 hp right? Later stanger.

I was hoping to post pics tonight on the mirrors. But - they aren't ready. Bummer.

Regardless, I had to take it out today for a ride. Little tricky - but I can't just see it sit there in the driveway!

I've never - ever - had more compliments on a car I've driven. Very rewarding. Saw a triple black Shelby Vert today in town. I was in wifey's Cruiser...it looked very Bad. I'm still surprised by the rear ride height, though. I can't imagine why they didn't lower it and inch - or even two. I guess Shelby is now as part of the Package. And when he passed me going the other way - I couldn't even hear him! Exhaust would be one my first changes.

Now - Orf - he's a different situtation! You hear him coming long before you see him! :hyper: His car sounds like a Testarossa! :shift:

I gotta tell ya - I was just surfing over at Mustang Forums.com and there's a lot of friendly folks over there....

This site is starting to feel a little bit elitist.

Where's the General Mustang Lounge forum?

Why isn't New Member Introductions (above the AAE forum?) on the main page - instead of within the Shelby forums? New members should be the first forum posted.

Who is it "we're" trying to attract? Shelby owners - or Mustang people?

Haven't had dinner yet - a wee bit cranky. Who wants to arm wrestle? :rant:

I gotta tell ya - I was just surfing over at Mustang Forums.com and there's a lot of friendly folks over there....

Why isn't New Member Introductions (above the AAE forum?) on the main page - instead of within the Shelby forums? New members should be the first forum posted.

No thank you, but I am feeling a bit froggy :spiteful:

I read the post.

I'm impressed with your knowledge of blowers!

Thankfully - I don't think I'll have to make that choice - if FAST brings out their intake!

I've got to spend some bread on the crib this spring.

420 or so at the crank will keep 'ol Ruf very satisfied. I don't need to get the left front off the ground to have a good time. :shift:

I read the post.

I'm impressed with your knowledge of blowers!

Thankfully - I don't think I'll have to make that choice - if FAST brings out their intake!

I've got to spend some bread on the crib this spring.

420 or so at the crank will keep 'ol Ruf very satisfied. I don't need to get the left front off the ground to have a good time. :shift:

I think that getting that 420 at the crank is not all that unrealist, about 1.5 hp per cu in. Geez they were getting 1 hp per cu. in. in a factory engine in the late 50's :D

Check out this place Ruf, caters to the regular Mustang GT.

2005Stang.com

Archived