TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

Well - the Garage is wide open today!

Yeah - Ruf had a good time today with the Bow Ties. Got a chance to take a look at PK's digs. Sweet place. Lots of nice interior touches. Met his son's too. Nice young men.

Too dam hot to Zaino anything. Plus I've got some sort of cold - feel kinda lousy.

PK got Froggy while driving behind Ruf on the way to lunch today. He kept darting around behind me - I felt like I had Ron Fellows behind me! :happy feet:

Great pics, StangWorshipper - I'll post a few in a little bit here.

I like the Reflection shots!

Thanks again for the paint, Chris - next lunch is on me. I'm going to try and do one wheel a day as soon as it cools off a bit.

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you paint them, Chris? Looks very pro. Is it just a high-temp paint or a special caliper paint?

I wish I had the patience or the time but I dont so I paid to have them powdercoated. The guy who does them will probaly powdercoat anything and hes a really good guy. Mike @ thepowdercoater.com

Well - the Garage is wide open today!

Yeah - Ruf had a good time today with the Bow Ties. Got a chance to take a look at PK's digs. Sweet place. Lots of nice interior touches. Met his son's too. Nice young men.

Too dam hot to Zaino anything. Plus I've got some sort of cold - feel kinda lousy.

PK got Froggy while driving behind Ruf on the way to lunch today. He kept darting around behind me - I felt like I had Ron Fellows behind me! :happy feet:

Great pics, StangWorshipper - I'll post a few in a little bit here.

I like the Reflection shots!

Thanks again for the paint, Chris - next lunch is on me. I'm going to try and do one wheel a day as soon as it cools off a bit.

...so that'd be :sos: uh, 4 days? :superhero:

seems like torture not to do 'em all at once ...a lot of set-up.

Hey Ruf - I don't know how many times I've looked at the Rufstang, but I just noticed that you don't have the stock fascia. I knew you had the billet upper & lower grilles, just didn't notice the fascia. Which one is it?

Those are 3 beautiful cars.... of course, I'm kinda partial to the one in the middle :happy feet:

Hey Ruf - I don't know how many times I've looked at the Rufstang, but I just noticed that you don't have the stock fascia. I knew you had the billet upper & lower grilles, just didn't notice the fascia. Which one is it?

Those are 3 beautiful cars.... of course, I'm kinda partial to the one in the middle :happy feet:

Its the one from John Deere. Its in the plow line of products. Didnt know it but ruf goes to chicago in the winter and plows lots for extra cash

Thanks Dan. We had fun taking the pictures.

VE = VETTE ENVY :happy feet:

Where's my drink? :hysterical2:

No - no envy. I could have bought a used C5/6 instead of the Mustang. I love Vette's - but I think I'm just a Mustang kind of guy. I probably better identify with this car's "image" more than a Vette. And - lot's of memories from previous Mustangs.

From the monsoon capital of North America, that dry yard looks kinda good! Remember the headlines about the amphibians all disappearing? Mystery solved, they've all moved to Houston. When I go outside at night, it sounds like a rain forest. Wait, it IS a rain forest. :headspin:

He's got the stock fascia, you're just seeing his after market chin spoiler

Hi Mark - I bought the chin and rear spoilers from CDC - the front is the...classic? They make a more aggressive model - but I like this one better.

No - no envy. I could have bought a used C5/6 instead of the Mustang. I love Vette's - but I think I'm just a Mustang kind of guy. I probably better identify with this car's "image" more than a Vette. And - lot's of memories from previous Mustangs.

I bet gettin' busy in a Mustang is one of them :hysterical2::redcard:

From the monsoon capital of North America, that dry yard looks kinda good! Remember the headlines about the amphibians all disappearing? Mystery solved, they've all moved to Houston. When I go outside at night, it sounds like a rain forest. Wait, it IS a rain forest. :headspin:

Yeah - y'all have been getting dumped on.

Stay tuned - our Hurricane season quickly approaches.

I guess they were good they eat like me head down chow, talk later.

Man all three cars look good but man that yellow stands out. To bad my grass looks like :censored:

Time to go to Loew's! :happy feet:

Yeah - 3 hot rods, daddy. I have a blast tooling around town with you guys. We get some looks!

I bet gettin' busy in a Mustang is one of them :hysterical2::redcard:

Yeah, you're right!

I remember one young lady who just loved giving me the "business." I mean we'd just ride around town and she'd do what she did best. It got to be distracting, though. You know, we'd park at the burger joint and my buds would walk up to my window to shoot the bull - and she'd just keep doing her thing. Hard to hold focus on a conversation with all that going on. I broke up with her. And then I started dating her mom. Much more discreet. She'd wait until we were back in her house.

Yeah, you're right!

I remember one young lady who just loved giving me the "business." I mean we'd just ride around town and she'd do what she did best. It got to be distracting, though. You know, we'd park at the burger joint and my buds would walk up to my window to shoot the bull - and she'd just keep doing her thing. Hard to hold focus on a conversation with all that going on. I broke up with her. And then I started dating her mom. Much more discreet. She'd wait until we were back in her house.

Haha, in the driver's seat?!

At least my ex would ask to move to the back :hysterical2:

Ok all you bow tie boys, what's the external difference between a C6 and a ZO6 seen from the rear? Oh, and no cute comments about that vantage point :hysterical:

Do you mean in terms of width? The Z06 has bigger rear side panels to allow it to fit 19 x 12 rear wheels. It also has a larger rear spoiler. The regular C6 has 19 x 10 rear wheels.

Archived