TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was 12:49 his time :hysterical: Mornin all! What's up at the Garage?

Just installed Doug's (Bamachips) 93 octane torque tune and finally got those 25 - 30 hp that my mods should have given me. I love the low end now. All I can say is FRPP canned tune IS wimpy. It will keep you from being too lean with the new 90mm MAF CAI but they went over compensated and I bet the final A/F at WOT is pretty close to the factory setting.

I was test driving it last night when a tuned C6 blew by me (I wasn't watching). Well, perfect opportunity to test the new tune :happy feet:

I floored it and, after the obligatory half second lag ( :banghead: ), I was off. The auto selected back down to second and I got a good torque feel through the wheel as well as the seat of the pants. The shift to third was immediate and firmer (still could be more) and it chirped the Michelins going into gear. By now the C6 was 4 ahead but not gaining anymore. We traveled up through the rest of the gears maintaining position and finally he backed off and I pulled up alongside. He lowered his window and said " That's not stock is it?". I said " Sorry, could you repeat that, I've got my AC on high in here" :hysterical2:

Lot of fun and I guess I'll have to put a sticky on the dash to remind me to turn off the TC and AC when vettes are around.

That was 12:49 his time :hysterical: Mornin all! What's up at the Garage?

Just installed Doug's (Bamachips) 93 octane torque tune and finally got those 25 - 30 hp that my mods should have given me. I love the low end now. All I can say is FRPP canned tune IS wimpy. It will keep you from being too lean with the new 90mm MAF CAI but they went over compensated and I bet the final A/F at WOT is pretty close to the factory setting.

I was test driving it last night when a tuned C6 blew by me (I wasn't watching). Well, perfect opportunity to test the new tune :happy feet:

I floored it and, after the obligatory half second lag ( :banghead: ), I was off. The auto selected back down to second and I got a good torque feel through the wheel as well as the seat of the pants. The shift to third was immediate and firmer (still could be more) and it chirped the Michelins going into gear. By now the C6 was 4 ahead but not gaining anymore. We traveled up through the rest of the gears maintaining position and finally he backed off and I pulled up alongside. He lowered his window and said " That's not stock is it?". I said " Sorry, could you repeat that, I've got my AC on high in here" :hysterical2:

Lot of fun and I guess I'll have to put a sticky on the dash to remind me to turn off the TC and AC when vettes are around.

Uh, oh, ...Stangfollower and Ponywisher won't like this :hysterical:

Mark, don't sweat the A/C (no pun), the compressor is turned off the instant it ECU goes WOT ;-) ...so you had an unfair advantage :hysterical2:

Uh, oh, ...Stangfollower and Ponywisher won't like this :hysterical:

Mark, don't sweat the A/C (no pun), the compressor is turned off the instant it ECU goes WOT ;-) ...so you had an unfair advantage :hysterical2:

Dan - You really know your stuff! I didn't know that about the AC compressor control at WOT. That is definitely "cool". What about the TC? If the tires chirp, does it start retarding and restricting and if so, how long?

Are you getting out to Nevada this summer?

Dan - You really know your stuff! I didn't know that about the AC compressor control at WOT. That is definitely "cool". What about the TC? If the tires chirp, does it start retarding and restricting and if so, how long?

Are you getting out to Nevada this summer?

The TC strategies seem to vary -- I'm not familiar with the GT. as an example, the '01 Cobra uses wheel sensors, throttle position and steering steering wheel position [possibly more]. With TC on, if the steering wheel is nearly straight it will let you light up the tires, but as soon as it senses you using the steering to correct, they assume slew and the TC management kicks in. Also, if based on the throttle position if the rear wheels accel to fast relative to the fronts, they seem to assume a surface traction problem (like sand/gravel) and the TC kicks in even if the wheel is straight. I was told the GT500 works differently and GT could be different than both -- dunno. Not sure, but I think they use the brakes first and only resort to timing and fuel if the revs get too high, but exactly algorythms they use is a mystery (to me <lol>).

If the kids haven't sold their place (they want to move back east) by SEMA, I'll be there in NV in Nov, but no plans to visit Moab <sigh> area. Are you going to be out that way?

I think a lot of bowtie boys don't appeciate how beautiful the new stangs look because they don't often get to see the front :hysterical2:

:lurk: ;-)

It's not just Vettes and Shelby's that visit Ruf - Nissan Z's too! :happy feet:

Speaking of Nissan Z's and encounters with Mustangs, I was out driving my Z this morning when a stock GT (S197) with one of those phony hood scoops on it started getting FROGGY with me. This guy and his girl were in the car. He didn't know what hit him until it was too late. :shift: He wasn't challenging a stock Z as he quickly found out. At the next light his girl was giving him the business and then he turned off on another road.

Ruf are you still coming to G-Vegas tomorrow? If so are we going to PKs or coming over here?

I have spent most of today washing and cleaning out my wife's van. Man that thing was nasty. The inside was like a pig pen. :redcard: We will see how long it stays clean. :finger:

Do y'all have any idea how much heat I'm gonna get tomorrow at lunch with the Vette guys?

I can hear it now. "Your Mustang buddies can bite this." "Your Mustang buddies can bite that!" :hysterical2:

"Tell so and so to bring his :censored: Mustang out here!" :rant:

So - ol' Ruf will have to stand alone.

Ruf can handle it. :shift:

Traction Control Has Been Disabled, Daddy.

I think a lot of bowtie boys don't appeciate how beautiful the new stangs look because they don't often get to see the front :hysterical2:

:lurk: ;-)

Dan you have really come out of your shell lately. :hysterical2:

Actually I like the look of the new Mustang. Ask Ruf if you don't believe me. I even test drove a manual GT last fall before I decided I wanted a Vette. It was red. I like performance cars in general.

Also PK has owned 5 Mustangs.

Speaking of Nissan Z's and encounters with Mustangs, I was out driving my Z this morning when a stock GT (S197) with one of those phony hood scoops on it started getting FROGGY with me. This guy and his girl were in the car. He didn't know what hit him until it was too late. :shift: He wasn't challenging a stock Z as he quickly found out. At the next light his girl was giving him the business and then he turned off on another road.

Ruf are you still coming to G-Vegas tomorrow? If so are we going to PKs or coming over here?

I have spent most of today washing and cleaning out my wife's van. Man that thing was nasty. The inside was like a pig pen. :redcard: We will see how long it stays clean. :finger:

I sent you an email about tomorrow.

Wife's Van - give up. I've given up on my wife's car. I just clean it when it needs it. Losing battle. :redcard:

Classic Z! Schwweeet :happy feet:

Plus one! Russ' 280 Turbo is very clean. He was with us at our last show wherein both Vettes, my car, and Russ' Z snagged Top 25's. And his car might be one of a very few of that year that were built with a H-O engine that was discontinued because of MPG numbers or something. He's researching the deal.

:lurk: I just love good fiction. :hysterical2:

"...she was giving him the business..." Well - shoot - that explains why he lifted! :hysterical2:

Dan you have really come out of your shell lately. :hysterical2:

Actually I like the look of the new Mustang. Ask Ruf if you don't believe me. I even test drove a manual GT last fall before I decided I wanted a Vette. It was red. I like performance cars in general.

Also PK has owned 5 Mustangs.

I know -- just razzin' ya ...you're cool, StangFollowerJohn!

:banghead::censored: That was after he got it handed to him. He was way behind from the launch Pool Boy. :headspin:

You ever tried to race someone while someone is "giving you the business?" I have. And I missed 3rd something awful.

Forgotten? I see the fromt your car in my rearview mirror all the time. Its just what I see in the mirror is smaller and getting even smaller aw we go. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Edit: I going to give you some business. :hysterical:

Okay. Just not while I'm driving.

Archived