TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

I can't :censored: believe it, it is raining here in the desert. I stood in it for all of the 5 minutes and 23 raindrops. Dropped the temperature to the 90's. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Time to get my slip and slide out :headspin:

You probably keep an umbrella in your car at all times, right? :hysterical:

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of people on this site have been complaining about my photos and my off topic subjects. I am sick of it. I have deleted 122 pages of photos from the site. That's right allmost 1800 photos....toast.

I hope I freed up some CPU for the "neighborhood" !

Alot of people on this site have been complaining about my photos and my off topic subjects. I am sick of it. I have deleted 122 pages of photos from the site. That's right allmost 1800 photos....toast.

I hope I freed up some CPU for the "neighborhood" !

Rob, you shouldn't have done that. It's not YOU.....we are all in this together. You have helped make this site as good as it is. I don't know who complained about you distinctly, but that's just not right. There are many of us (me included) who post lots of photos...much of it for fun and not related to the GT500. You do more than your fair share to make this site a great place by being a moderator, informing others of things you have learned, and so on.

Hopefully some order will come to this attachment issue....hang in there.

Dave

Dave and Bryan,

I have been comming here for a year now. I lurked for 2 months before I signed up. Never posted before either.

I have had some extra family stress on me lately and over the last week I have taken some un needed heat on this site from some folks (some of it had to be :censored: ), and now many are complaining about the photos and off topic stuff that I like so much. The most importand stuff in life to me has even been referred to as BS.

I am just gonna lay low for a while. Ya I am in a bad mood. I came here to escape lifes crap tonight and all it did is piss me off again, because I find more crap. That seems to be happening more and more when I come here over the last several weeks!

We lucked out too with my mom... a new facility opened a year earlier just 5 minutes from our house -- half way between our home and town, so we passed by and stopped in most every day. Make sure they include her in social activities even if she's bound to a wheel chair and just watches. Most places have a piano player or other live sing-along every day. It was amazing how my mom engaged in that. If they know you want her engaged as much as possible they'll wheel her down to 'watch' such activities even if she can't sing along (or chooses not to)... the social aspects of seeing others participate is powerfull stuff for her feeling of well-being and not feeling alone when you're not there.

Jan's mom is presently in a similar facility in Rhode Island near where her brother lives, so we can only visit occasionally -- being close makes a huge diff... I wish you and Tana and Katie and Barb the best, given her condition ...God bless you all.

Thanks Dan.

This place looks like a regular house. A home. They are setting up a corall with Goats and chickens and other anamals in it for the people to feed. Also a gardening area. Barb's window in her bedroom overlooks that area. We will check on her daily to make sure she is doing good.

Rob

What we've found important, also, is letting the staff know you're very interested in daily issues. The people who work at my mom's place know we're aggressively checking behind them. Meals - laundry - meds - her aprartment - hair dresser - everything. I tip them twice a year and ask lots of questions. We try to keep them honest. Sadly, many of my mom's neighbors don't have family nearby to do the same.

Good point, Ruf. And having a healthcare POA (or overall POA) is essential, else they'll only listen to relatives when it's 'convenient.' Another rule we set is that no medication is administered without consulting us first, unless it's a MEDICAL emergency. Some places dose happy-pills just for the heck of it. One place we visited (when we were screening places) was like scenes out of Night of the Living Dead -- needles to say we didn't choose that one. The differnces between the places we screened was amazing -- fortunately the nearest was also the most 'enlightened' with good programs to engage the mind, etc. It's never easy. Now Jan's mom is failing further. Life goes on.

The Bow Tie Boys took old Ruf to lunch at Hooter's today. Ruf was like a kid in a candy store. He couldn't stop panting the entire time we ate lunch. He also couldn't stop talking about the girl with glasses and the size of those :censored:

A Mustang sandwich with a slice of Gangsta Ruf. :hysterical:

100_2887.jpg

Then after lunch we went outside to watch some of the girls wash cars. They were having a charity car wash. The Vettes didn't need washing, but the Rufstang did. However, Ruf wouldn't let them wash his car. Something about the soap they were using and the sun. :redcard: But Ruf had to have some pictures. Watch those hands Ruf! :hysterical2:

100_2890.jpg

100_2891.jpg

Back from the Sound (Albemarle Sound for those who know your NC geography) to find out that Ruf's thread has now obtained STICKY STATUS. Must have something to do with all that thong talk. :hysterical2:

Anyway what a great week off. Here are a few pics per Ruf's request.

100_2855.jpg

100_2871.jpg

Of course you can't have fun on the water without some toys. We had so much fun with these that I didn't get any action shots.

100_2865.jpg

The two blue ones are mine. The other two belong to my sister's husband (my brother-in-law). You know he likes to try to one up me. I bought two SeaDoos. Then he buys two SeaDoos two years later. I buy a Durango. Then he buys one two years later.

100_2862.jpg

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July.

Great pics, Banger. Looks like a very peaceful crib. Real glad you and Amy and the kids had a good week. :happy feet:

The Bow Tie Boys took old Ruf to lunch at Hooter's today. Ruf was like a kid in a candy store. He couldn't stop panting the entire time we ate lunch. He also couldn't stop talking about the girl with glasses and the size of those :censored:

A Mustang sandwich with a slice of Gangsta Ruf. :hysterical:

100_2887.jpg

Then after lunch we went outside to watch some of the girls wash cars. They were having a charity car wash. The Vettes didn't need washing, but the Rufstang did. However, Ruf wouldn't let them wash his car. Something about the soap they were using and the sun. :redcard: But Ruf had to have some pictures. Watch those hands Ruf! :hysterical2:

100_2890.jpg

100_2891.jpg

Okay. This may turn ugly. KR - how dare you photo chop me with those tender young ladies. :rant:

I was never at Hooters! Don't believe him. He drives a Vettte. :rant:

Dave and Bryan,

I have been comming here for a year now. I lurked for 2 months before I signed up. Never posted before either.

I have had some extra family stress on me lately and over the last week I have taken some un needed heat on this site from some folks (some of it had to be :censored: ), and now many are complaining about the photos and off topic stuff that I like so much. The most importand stuff in life to me has even been referred to as BS.

I am just gonna lay low for a while. Ya I am in a bad mood. I came here to escape lifes crap tonight and all it did is piss me off again, because I find more crap. That seems to be happening more and more when I come here over the last several weeks!

It's okay, man. You can be in a bad mood here. In the Garage you get unconditional support. Need to vent - let's hear it.

The young ladies stopped washing cars and asked if they could pose with me in front of the Rufstang.

I told them they could - if - they'd also pose for a pic in front of the Bow Tie Boy's cars.

I give and give and give. :hysterical2:

The young ladies stopped washing cars and asked if they could pose with me in front of the Rufstang.

I told them they could - if - they'd also pose for a pic in front of the Bow Tie Boy's cars.

I give and give and give. :hysterical2:

Ruf

I see that integrity is not your lifes mantra. Glad you had fun. Best medicine around.

Chris

The pool is filling as we speak.

I wasn't telling her about her hair - I was asking her how many Hooter's girls does it take to have a good time.

She said 3.

Oh, yeah. :rockon:

..I think she was reachin' around to pick your wallet... :hysterical2:

or to pinch your butt :happy feet:

Ruf

I see that integrity is not your lifes mantra. Glad you had fun. Best medicine around.

Chris

Thanks for the shrimp lunch, Chris!

Christine is still flat out on the sofa. She had a hard time walking today - her legs and toes cramped up so bad she felt she couldn't drive.

Today's fun was much-needed for me.

I've got the pool filling up. Hopefully in a week or so she can use it! Maybe tomorrow.

Somebody told me the City may give me a one-time only free pass on the water. I'll call on Monday.

I'm real glad you transferred here. Good to have another car bud to hang with. I still need a ride in the Screamin' Yellow Monster! (I did notice you closing quickly on SB at one point today. Ruh Roh!)

Tina Fey..... :hysterical2: :happy feet:

Oh - and thanks for the offer to help build a garage over here. If I can get our finances evened out - I'll take you up on it. I'd love a shelter for the Ride!

..I think she was reachin' around to pick your wallet... :hysterical2:

or to pinch your butt :happy feet:

I hope the latter! The girls were very cute and friendly. (and - oh, daddy!) Nice kids. Ruf will not have any fantasies about them tonight. :redcard:

Okay. This may turn ugly. KR - how dare you photo chop me with those tender young ladies. :rant:

I was never at Hooters! Don't believe him. He drives a Vettte. :rant:

Who luvya man? I knew you'd like that!............ Wait till my other idea gets posted :hysterical2:

Archived