TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news, Mark! Pics - pics - pics!

200 pages.

Wow.

This thread started with my car off the truck. Since then, it's been an ongoing story line.

Mods - family issues - the Law - the Wall - the Rebuild - more family issues - car shows.

And woven in have been posts about y'all's cars - and family issues - and mods!

Over the past 200 pages, I've met some great people and had so much fun with them in person - at car shows and gatherings.

So many of you have helped me feel supported through my family medical issues - more than you know.

I've seen generosity from many - in many ways.

I've had fun helping some of you smile, too. When I can.

We have people here from all over - and of all ages. Kobra - you're like a son!

Late at night - early in the morning - the Garage is ready to hang in.

And - it's not over. This place - although online - is going to go on. Why? Because we have something in common - a love for go-fast cars! And having fun.

The longer I'm here - the more this place means to me. I have friends who I see on a regular basis. But, I"ve also made many - many friends here who I may never see. But, that doesn't mean we can't be friends and share info and a laugh.

I'm done now. Thanks to all of you who hang out here for giving me a sense of belonging to something very special. Something you can't get on other forums. A sense of family.

Sincerely, Ruf

Good news, Mark! Pics - pics - pics!

200 pages.

Wow.

This thread started with my car off the truck. Since then, it's been an ongoing story line.

Mods - family issues - the Law - the Wall - the Rebuild - more family issues - car shows.

And woven in have been posts about y'all's cars - and family issues - and mods!

Over the past 200 pages, I've met some great people and had so much fun with them in person - at car shows and gatherings.

So many of you have helped me feel supported through my family medical issues - more than you know.

I've seen generosity from many - in many ways.

I've had fun helping some of you smile, too. When I can.

We have people here from all over - and of all ages. Kobra - you're like a son!

Late at night - early in the morning - the Garage is ready to hang in.

And - it's not over. This place - although online - is going to go on. Why? Because we have something in common - a love for go-fast cars! And having fun.

The longer I'm here - the more this place means to me. I have friends who I see on a regular basis. But, I"ve also made many - many friends here who I may never see. But, that doesn't mean we can't be friends and share info and a laugh.

I'm done now. Thanks to all of you who hang out here for giving me a sense of belonging to something very special. Something you can't get on other forums. A sense of family.

Sincerely, Ruf

Amen, Brother.

Yeah - I've never had a pool.

This one is cheap ($300) - but looks big enough to cool off in. I've seen a number them around.

Christine will be able to get wet. She loves swimming - but can't take the beach or the river anymore. Now - she can do an early morning or early evening swim and feel better.

Me? I'll find some sort of float and bob around and have a cold one with Bugatti! :happy feet:

200 pages. :party2:

I'm sure this is just the beginning :hysterical:

Okay - that works. Tomorrow - pool pics of Ruf skinny dippin! :happy feet: (sexystang - you hear?)

Gotta get some black trunks and get my logo on 'em. :hysterical2:

Finally some guy pics........ :happy feet: Just make sure you ARE wearing something Ruf. :hysterical2::hysterical:

And don't anyone dare think about changing my above quote. :nonono::chairshot:

Wow - 200 pages! :headspin:

Very unique thread.

I just got the call from Tana. She is about 20 minutes from arriving home with Barb. She must be feeling OK because they are going thru the drive thru for ice cream. I am getting ready to go meet them both. :happy feet:

Hi Chris - good to hear from you.

The caliper op sounds great. I'm planning on visiting mom in Greenville tomorrow to free Sunday up.

You up for lunch with John? Or - just a quick visit while I'm in town? Let me know.

Maybe next weekend, y'all can stop over and enjoy the pool. No diving board - but it's enough to get cooled off!

I'm going to call a buddy of mine on the fire dept tomorrow and see if it's kosher to bring over a tanker to fill it up. It holds over 5,000 gallons. (he was one of my students a while back - we'll see how much he enjoyed the class!)

Ruf Lunch sounds good, John was talking about a ride tomorrow anyways and he just left the sound about 8 tonite. The way the heat has been going the pool might be a good idea. Becareful filling it up to fast you will rip the seams. The Caliper op might get done on mine this weekend if they get delivered tomorrow. School is going well, work not so much but compared to other situations I could be in I'm pretty happy. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. The Mother in law is coming to visit so I will be ready to leave the house for a while.

Chris

You should still have my cell #

Congrats on 200 pages

:waiting: Where are the Pool Pics Ruf (don't chicken out on me now) or are you still trying to find your trunks that fell off while setting up the pool?? :hysterical2:

Yawn. Just woke up from a nap. The pool kicked Ruf's butt.

See, the 200th page just illustrated what I said.

Somebody wants ice cream.

Somebody else is under-sexed and needs to see my cute little buns.

Another person is proud of their grades.

Two cool Vette guys want to buy me lunch tomorrow.

Yet another can't wait to see me in a pool thong in 2 weeks.

Great stuff!

Chris - I'll call you in the morning to hook up for lunch/calipers!

Y'all rock! :happy feet: :rockon:

:waiting: Where are the Pool Pics Ruf (don't chicken out on me now) or are you still trying to find your trunks that fell off while setting up the pool?? :hysterical2:

I'm going to have some very special pool pics for you. :hysterical2:

Yawn. Just woke up from a nap. The pool kicked Ruf's butt.

See, the 200th page just illustrated what I said.

Somebody wants ice cream.

Somebody else is under-sexed and needs to see my cute little buns.

Another person is proud of their grades.

Two cool Vette guys want to buy me lunch tomorrow.

Yet another can't wait to see me in a pool thong in 2 weeks.

Great stuff!

Chris - I'll call you in the morning to hook up for lunch/calipers!

Y'all rock! :happy feet: :rockon:

YOU FORGOT THE MOST WITH THE 4000th POST...... :hysterical2:

Sorry, BadBoy! You MONSTER you!!

4000 posts. Amazing.

We will, we will ROCK YOU. :happy feet: Everybody :happy feet:

This thread has more horsepower behind it than the Space Shuttle. :rockon:

I was cruisin down the road in my V8 Ford -

I had a shine on my boots, I had my sideburns low -

post-4913-1183777509_thumb.jpg

There's a person that hasn't been on this thread for a long time (if ever).

And they're someone who one might think would drop in from time to time to say hello.

Who am I talking about?

No - not B.B. King! :hysterical2:

The Boss (and not Bruce)!

Let's hear it, boy! :happy feet:

Alright, here they are:

English 3 Honors:

-1st Term: 95

-2nd Term: 90

--Final Exam: 101

--Final Grade: 93 [b+]

Algebra 2:

-1st Term: 91

-2nd Term: 98

--Final Exam: 90

--Final Grade: 94 [A-]

Chemistry Honors:

-1st Term: 96

-2nd Term: 96

--Final Exam: 72 :banghead:

U.S. History:

-2nd Term: 94

--Final Exam: 100

--Final Grade: 96 [A]

Economics:

-1st Term: 90

--Final Exam: 80

--Final Grade: 91

Advanced Computer Applications:

-1st Term: 92

-2nd Term: 92

--Final Exam: 87

--Final Grade: 92

STLP (Student Technology Leadership Program):

-2nd Term: 100

--Final Exam: Exempt

--Final Grade: 100 [A+]

If you want, I'll still get a picture of them, but the way they printed them out, they're confusing even for me to read.

Dan,

Your right. This is why we picked a spot within walking distance of our home. The Lord planned this out for her and us. It just opened and is new and clean. I know that Tana will be up there everyday visiting and it won't take 2 plus hours of travel time and parking in a parking structure. I will be going up ther often also. My daughter Katie lives 1 mile from this place too, so she will visit also.

We lucked out too with my mom... a new facility opened a year earlier just 5 minutes from our house -- half way between our home and town, so we passed by and stopped in most every day. Make sure they include her in social activities even if she's bound to a wheel chair and just watches. Most places have a piano player or other live sing-along every day. It was amazing how my mom engaged in that. If they know you want her engaged as much as possible they'll wheel her down to 'watch' such activities even if she can't sing along (or chooses not to)... the social aspects of seeing others participate is powerfull stuff for her feeling of well-being and not feeling alone when you're not there.

Jan's mom is presently in a similar facility in Rhode Island near where her brother lives, so we can only visit occasionally -- being close makes a huge diff... I wish you and Tana and Katie and Barb the best, given her condition ...God bless you all.

Back from the Sound (Albemarle Sound for those who know your NC geography) to find out that Ruf's thread has now obtained STICKY STATUS. Must have something to do with all that thong talk. :hysterical2:

Anyway what a great week off. Here are a few pics per Ruf's request.

100_2855.jpg

100_2871.jpg

Of course you can't have fun on the water without some toys. We had so much fun with these that I didn't get any action shots.

100_2865.jpg

The two blue ones are mine. The other two belong to my sister's husband (my brother-in-law). You know he likes to try to one up me. I bought two SeaDoos. Then he buys two SeaDoos two years later. I buy a Durango. Then he buys one two years later.

100_2862.jpg

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July.

Alright, here they are:

English 3 Honors:

-2nd Term: 90

--Final Exam: 101

--Final Grade: 93 [b+]

Algebra 2:

-1st Term: 91

-2nd Term: 98

--Final Exam: 90

Chemistry Honors:

-2nd Term: 96

--Final Exam: 72 :banghead:

U.S. History:

--Final Exam: 100

--Final Grade: 96 [A]

Economics:

-1st Term: 90

--Final Exam: 80

--Final Grade: 91

Advanced Computer Applications:

-1st Term: 92

-2nd Term: 92

--Final Exam: 87

--Final Grade: 92

STLP (Student Technology Leadership Program):

-2nd Term: 100

--Final Exam: Exempt

--Final Grade: 100 [A+]

If you want, I'll still get a picture of them, but the way they printed them out, they're confusing even for me to read.

PM me your mailing address. I've got something for you.

Good form! :happy feet:

We lucked out too with my mom... a new facility opened a year earlier just 5 minutes from our house -- half way between our home and town, so we passed by and stopped in most every day. Make sure they include her in social activities even if she's bound to a wheel chair and just watches. Most places have a piano player or other live sing-along every day. It was amazing how my mom engaged in that. If they know you want her engaged as much as possible they'll wheel her down to 'watch' such activities even if she can't sing along (or chooses not to)... the social aspects of seeing others participate is powerfull stuff for her feeling of well-being and not feeling alone when you're not there.

Jan's mom is presently in a similar facility in Rhode Island near where her brother lives, so we can only visit occasionally -- being close makes a huge diff... I wish you and Tana and Katie and Barb the best, given her condition ...God bless you all.

What we've found important, also, is letting the staff know you're very interested in daily issues. The people who work at my mom's place know we're aggressively checking behind them. Meals - laundry - meds - her aprartment - hair dresser - everything. I tip them twice a year and ask lots of questions. We try to keep them honest. Sadly, many of my mom's neighbors don't have family nearby to do the same.

"I bought a vette, he bought a.... GT500" He got you again bowtie boy! Good to hear from you. Where was the Laser sailboat?

Sorry Mark he is not a Ford guy or a car guy so I doubt he will try to one up me on the Vette.

BTW no sailboat, but my dad has a party barge, otherwise known as a pontoon boat.

100_2866.jpg

And in case you haven't noticed we like our HEMI power. :happy feet:

Archived