TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well,

I just finished setting up Barb's Bedroom at her new assisted living / Adult home. Set up the hospital bed and made it it up with clean bedding. Set up the TV and dresser and a chair. Positioned everything around the window and tried to make it user friendly. I then called her at the hospital and told her that it is all ready. She asked me if it was nice and I told her that it was very nice and brand new. She wants to move in. Now just waiting for the paperwork from the state required assessment. :banghead:

I have very mixed emotions about this. I have never done this sort of thing before. Tana is up at the hospital with her keeping her company till she moves.

Rob - I can relate as you know. I had to move my mom into assisted living. And I've been taking care of her affairs now for over 2 years. Insurance issues - meds (got her on the Medicare med plan - was THAT fun) - etc. You'll be fine. It takes a little time to get adjusted to it.

Here's the pool I'm setting up in the backyard!

http://www.intexcorp.com/easy18x48.htm

Folding tab A into slot A, while grasping with finger the intake hose and gbinlk a twister mootion (Chinese instructions) :hysterical:

Instructions? Don't get me going on that. On the box it says "30 minute setup." Yeah - 30 minutes to unpack everything and lay it out. Amazing. More like 4 hours - IF - they supplied the air pump.... :banghead:

Whose going to put it together :shades:

Me, myself, and I. Wise nut.

Christine asked me if her mom (Le Hut) can use the pool.

I said sure, as long as she antes up for the water I'll have to replace when she gets in. :hysterical2:

I should say here that Christine didn't find that very amusing.

I said, but honey, the ladder's only rated for 300 lbs. :hysterical2:

Sure. Skinny dippin Pool Pics :happy feet:

Every now and then, I'll go back through this thread and just start reading. We've got some very - very funny stuff goin on here. I mean publishable stuff.

A lot of talented people hang out in the Garage.

It's a place to share what's goin' on - make plans - post pics - feel part of a group that loves cars and likes to laugh. My kinda people.

I need to thank Rob for making the Garage a sticky. Thanks, bud. Good form.

Sure. Skinny dippin Pool Pics :happy feet:

Every now and then, I'll go back through this thread and just start reading. We've got some very - very funny stuff goin on here. I mean publishable stuff.

A lot of talented people hang out in the Garage.

It's a place to share what's goin' on - make plans - post pics - feel part of a group that loves cars and likes to laugh. My kinda people.

I need to thank Rob for making the Garage a sticky. Thanks, bud. Good form.

No problem Bryan...Glad to do it. I like hanging out in here and plan to do it more now. It's like a seperate forum. Very cool.

I just got a call from the home. All the state paperwork is in order. Just called Tana at the hospital and she is going to push for the discharge now and call me when she is on her way with Barb. I am going to be waiting at the home for there arrival to greet her. I am predicting this to all happen at about 5pm pacific time. That's in 2 hours. :happy feet: I just want her out of that hospital. Poor thing has been there 16 days now since I brought her there.

I'm sure Tana is comforted by all your efforts, Rob.

Christine's been there for me, too. It's much easier when you have support.

I hope Barb matriculates smoothly.

Our thoughts will be with you!

I'm sure Tana is comforted by all your efforts, Rob.

Christine's been there for me, too. It's much easier when you have support.

I hope Barb matriculates smoothly.

Our thoughts will be with you!

What does that mean. I looked it up, but still not sure. :headscratch:

Doe it mean to "get use too" ?

ma·tric·u·late

v [mə tríkyə làyt] (past ma·tric·u·lat·ed, past participle ma·tric·u·lat·ed, present participle ma·tric·u·lat·ing, 3rd person present singular ma·tric·u·lates)

1. vt admit somebody as student: to admit a student to membership of a college or university

2. vi be enrolled as a student: to be enrolled at a college or university, after meeting the academic standard required to be accepted for a course of further education

n [mə tríkyələt, mə tríkyə làyt] (plural ma·tric·u·lates)

somebody enrolled: somebody who has matriculated. Also called matriculant

[Late 16th century. From assumed medieval Latin matriculare , from matricula , literally “little list,” from matrix (see matrix).]

-ma·tric·u·la·tion [mə trìkyə láysh’n], n

-ma·tric·u·la·tor [mə tríkyə làytər], n

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Sorry. It's an academic term, I guess.

It means, to me, adjusting to an unfamilar context. Like when a student first enters University.

My bad!

We need to have some sort of party or something when the Garage thread hits 200 pages! Over 50,000 hits!

Oh, daddy!

How cool is that? :rockon:

What does that mean. I looked it up, but still not sure. :headscratch:

Doe it mean to "get use too" ?

ma·tric·u·late

v [mə tríkyə làyt] (past ma·tric·u·lat·ed, past participle ma·tric·u·lat·ed, present participle ma·tric·u·lat·ing, 3rd person present singular ma·tric·u·lates)

1. vt admit somebody as student: to admit a student to membership of a college or university

2. vi be enrolled as a student: to be enrolled at a college or university, after meeting the academic standard required to be accepted for a course of further education

n [mə tríkyələt, mə tríkyə làyt] (plural ma·tric·u·lates)

somebody enrolled: somebody who has matriculated. Also called matriculant

[Late 16th century. From assumed medieval Latin matriculare , from matricula , literally “little list,” from matrix (see matrix).]

-ma·tric·u·la·tion [mə trìkyə láysh’n], n

-ma·tric·u·la·tor [mə tríkyə làytər], n

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

:hysterical2:

Ruf meant he hopes she adjusts to the change of venue ;)

I too have been there with my mom... it's all about her being comfortable now and liking her surroundings and being visted often -- that's all you can do. Rob, she's lucky to have you as her son-in-law and Tana as her daughter... I bet that makes her feel best of all -- just knowing you're both there for her ...peace of mind.

Sorry. It's an academic term, I guess.

It means, to me, adjusting to an unfamilar context. Like when a student first enters University.

My bad!

We need to have some sort of party or something when the Garage thread hits 200 pages! Over 50,000 hits!

Oh, daddy!

How cool is that? :rockon:

you da man :hysterical2:

Ruf,

Talked to John he is on his way back today. He said the idea of using the AC equipped garage sounds like a winner. I ordered my powder coated calipers they are in transit now. We can use the Duplicolor kit I bought on yours. I still stop in from time to time to check out the goings on. Good luck with the pool. I have added more pretty parts, the go fast stuff is next but cant get into those kind of expenditures till after retirement is complete and new job has started.

And as a late side note I worked in the Aurora / Naperville recruiting office from 1997-2002. Chicago was cool.

Look forward to hearing from you and Christine

Chris

:hysterical2:

Ruf meant he hopes she adjusts to the change of venue ;)

I too have been there with my mom... it's all about her being comfortable now and liking her surroundings and being visted often -- that's all you can do. Rob, she's lucky to have you as her son-in-law and Tana as her daughter... I bet that makes her feel best of all -- just knowing you're both there for her ...peace of mind.

Dan,

Your right. This is why we picked a spot within walking distance of our home. The Lord planned this out for her and us. It just opened and is new and clean. I know that Tana will be up there everyday visiting and it won't take 2 plus hours of travel time and parking in a parking structure. I will be going up ther often also. My daughter Katie lives 1 mile from this place too, so she will visit also.

Hi Chris - good to hear from you.

The caliper op sounds great. I'm planning on visiting mom in Greenville tomorrow to free Sunday up.

You up for lunch with John? Or - just a quick visit while I'm in town? Let me know.

Maybe next weekend, y'all can stop over and enjoy the pool. No diving board - but it's enough to get cooled off!

I'm going to call a buddy of mine on the fire dept tomorrow and see if it's kosher to bring over a tanker to fill it up. It holds over 5,000 gallons. (he was one of my students a while back - we'll see how much he enjoyed the class!)

Ruf,

Talked to John he is on his way back today. He said the idea of using the AC equipped garage sounds like a winner. I ordered my powder coated calipers they are in transit now. We can use the Duplicolor kit I bought on yours. I still stop in from time to time to check out the goings on. Good luck with the pool. I have added more pretty parts, the go fast stuff is next but cant get into those kind of expenditures till after retirement is complete and new job has started.

And as a late side note I worked in the Aurora / Naperville recruiting office from 1997-2002. Chicago was cool.

Look forward to hearing from you and Christine

Chris

Yeah - I've never had a pool.

This one is cheap ($300) - but looks big enough to cool off in. I've seen a number them around.

Christine will be able to get wet. She loves swimming - but can't take the beach or the river anymore. Now - she can do an early morning or early evening swim and feel better.

Me? I'll find some sort of float and bob around and have a cold one with Bugatti! :happy feet:

200 pages. :party2:

Just got back from the body shop and they are doing a great job. They would spray a square of metal then take it out and compare with the car. I think we looked at 4 different squares and they all looked the same to me but to them, it was "Too dark", "Too light", "A little more pearl", or "Reduce the pressure a little". Finally, the pros were satisfied and put the parts in the spray booth to shoot on the color.

All this came at a price, however. I thought the paint job on my car was pretty good but the fellows kept saying things like: "Make sure you match the body because the bumpers are way off..." Now I look at the rear bumper cover and it does look different to me. :hysterical:

Wow - 200! Nice garage... :headspin:

Archived